Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

Apr 29, 2024 #gilgobeach #truecrime #mystery
Deepening mystery as investigators with the Gilgo Beach task force' scour a wooded area roughly 45 miles east of the infamous Gilgo Beach murder scene

''The multi-agency search in the woods of Manorville for evidence related to the Gilgo Beach murders continued through the weekend and into Monday, but the Suffolk County District Attorney still won’t confirm if the search is related to the Gilgo Beach investigation or not''

Bold strategy, Cotton. Will it pay off for her?

How likely was it for her hairs to get wrapped up in all those bindings? MOO.
I don't know if you mean to imply the wife is involved in the murders but there are only 3 of her hairs involved. Only one of the murderer's hair is on a victim, so the other hairs are fantastic evidence.
Numerous posting have explained how many of us have houses/vehicles with hair stuck to many surfaces and why it's thought the hair transfer is not suspicious.
Normal hair shed is 50 to 100, daily!
There were 4 female hairs involved but one belongs to the RH's daughter, 2 found on victim Waterman were the wife's, another female hair was on a belt buckle, and the last hair was stuck on tape on Costello.
Her hair didn't "get wrapped up in all those bindings".
I think it would be unlikely that he could transport burlap, which grabs hair, and duct tape from his house, and transport them in his car and not get any hair transferred.

Judging by the description of the original crime scene, Costilla’s murder seems more likely linked to Bittrolff, JMO. I think they’re just tying up loose ends in anticipation of Heuermann’s trial.

In the past, they had some incomplete investigations and it’s time to resolve them as best they can. Identify and test DNA for all, look for any evidence left behind, try to link these victims to their killers, whoever they are. That includes Shannan Gilbert.

I agree, their bodies were left out in the open, poised while RH camouflaged his victims.

Last edited:
I don't know if you mean to imply the wife is involved in the murders but there are only 3 of her hairs involved. Only one of the murderer's hair is on a victim, so the other hairs are fantastic evidence.
Numerous posting have explained how many of us have houses/vehicles with hair stuck to many surfaces and why it's thought the hair transfer is not suspicious.
Normal hair shed is 50 to 100, daily!

I was personally shocked to see that people were suspicious about this. My SO's hair gets everywhere. I even found it in my shoe. If I were to transport something with sticky tape in my vehicle, it would easily pick up one of her hairs. Bear in mind that he likely transported the remains at night when visibility wasn't that great. The likelihood of him noticing a piece of hair in those moments was pretty low.

Was there ever any information released about the Manorville search? Does anyone know? I don't see anything as of yet, I'm assuming the active search has concluded, at least for now.
Local news media reports no news about the searches

They likely won’t say anything unless there’s an arrest or evidence from the search is used in a trial.

I was personally shocked to see that people were suspicious about this. My SO's hair gets everywhere. I even found it in my shoe. If I were to transport something with sticky tape in my vehicle, it would easily pick up one of her hairs. Bear in mind that he likely transported the remains at night when visibility wasn't that great. The likelihood of him noticing a piece of hair in those moments was pretty low.
The point about the hairs is it leads so obviously to Rex, it makes the witness' behavior bizarre. It doesn't make his wife an instant suspect, it makes her an instant witness, and she should be searching information at home, not in hearings.

She doesn't think he is capable? She would know better than I, frankly. She has the ability to help identify exculpatory information, and, since her life and Rex's are clearly somewhat adjacent to the murders, find clues to point LE in a more productive direction.

I disagree about Rex (if he's the perp) not noticing a hair. Clearly he noticed hairs and avoided them. Otherwise, there would have been many more found at the scene.

MOO

Was there ever any information released about the Manorville search? Does anyone know? I don't see anything as of yet, I'm assuming the active search has concluded, at least for now.
It seems the search has either concluded or moved on quietly, as they are not in my area anymore. Not a word has been said about their findings.

The point about the hairs is it leads so obviously to Rex, it makes the witness' behavior bizarre. It doesn't make his wife an instant suspect, it makes her an instant witness, and she should be searching information at home, not in hearings.

She doesn't think he is capable? She would know better than I, frankly. She has the ability to help identify exculpatory information, and, since her life and Rex's are clearly somewhat adjacent to the murders, find clues to point LE in a more productive direction.

I disagree about Rex (if he's the perp) not noticing a hair. Clearly he noticed hairs and avoided them. Otherwise, there would have been many more found at the scene.

MOO

Trying to avoid hairs and actually avoiding them are two different things. There is no such thing as the perfect crime. In this case, some slipped through. Most likely because he transported the remains at night in low lighting.

<modsnip - opinion stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
However, one thing is that the hairs were on the inside -- actually on the body -- and not on the outside of the burlap bags and piece of plastic used to wrap the bodies. So, the hair was where he prepared the bodies for transport. Not loose in the transportation vehicle, unless that's where they were killed. What I see is that he picked up a belt or a roll of tape from his home and took it with him to use on his "adventure". The fact that belts alone restrained MMB leads me to wonder if she was killed in the home, then wrapped in plastic.

Another thing I've never seen mentioned is the possibility things may have been stored in a gardening shed and if AE was the gardener in the family she could have been in and out more to leave her hairs.

However, one thing is that the hairs were on the inside -- actually on the body -- and not on the outside of the burlap bags and piece of plastic used to wrap the bodies. So, the hair was where he prepared the bodies for transport. Not loose in the transportation vehicle, unless that's where they were killed. What I see is that he picked up a belt or a roll of tape from his home and took it with him to use on his "adventure". The fact that belts alone restrained MMB leads me to wonder if she was killed in the home, then wrapped in plastic.

Another thing I've never seen mentioned is the possibility things may have been stored in a gardening shed and if AE was the gardener in the family she could have been in and out more to leave her hairs.
That's a very good point, and I largely agree. But I also find hair in all kinds of places inside my home, and we vacuum very regularly. Some women have brittle hair for various reasons (dye, overwashing, diet, hormones, etc). If I were wrapping up something late at night in low lighting, I'm not too sure I'd notice a small hair getting caught somewhere. Most serial killers are pretty panicky after the kill. They're not the cool, collective, and meticulous creatures that movies and TV shows portray them as.

IIRC the hairs were found on the duct tape binding the victims.

MOO but so few of her hairs found indicates to me that she wasn’t involved.

Here is a link to the indictment. Hopefully, any comments about the hair in evidence in the case will only use this document as a source of the circumstances of the recovered hair, I should have linked it on a previous post.

The three hairs from RH's wife. One on tape on victim Costello, two "around head area of Waterman, one on tape on the head area, one hair outside the head area, but both in the "vicinity of the head".

RH's one hair, found on Waterman was "on the bottom of the burlap" that was wrapped around victim.

Hair on belt buckle (victim Barnes) must the daughter's and left off of the indictment it was her DNA, later disclosed.

The bodies are actually skeletal remains.

We can't trust anyone to give us actual facts about the "burlap type of material". Was it bags or a camo print landscape burlap-like fabric from a roll that was used in their garden, like what was reportedly found at the house. It was right in the indictment that the hair could have been transferred/on the burlap, along with from the house or car or RH himself. MOO

Here is a link to the indictment. Hopefully, any comments about the hair in evidence in the case will only use this document as a source of the circumstances of the recovered hair, I should have linked it on a previous post.

The three hairs from RH's wife. One on tape on victim Costello, two "around head area of Waterman, one on tape on the head area, one hair outside the head area, but both in the "vicinity of the head".

RH's one hair, found on Waterman was "on the bottom of the burlap" that was wrapped around victim.

Hair on belt buckle (victim Barnes) must the daughter's and left off of the indictment it was her DNA, later disclosed.

The bodies are actually skeletal remains.

We can't trust anyone to give us actual facts about the "burlap type of material". Was it bags or a camo print landscape burlap-like fabric from a roll that was used in their garden, like what was reportedly found at the house. It was right in the indictment that the hair could have been transferred/on the burlap, along with from the house or car or RH himself. MOO

JMO, both statements can be correct - some of the hairs were found inside of the burlap on tape and on the belt buckle. It’s also true the report states the hairs could have arrived on the evidence via transfer from the burlap.

JMO, at this point, there would need to be additional evidence to connect AE to the murders, similar to the additional evidence that now connects her husband to the murders. There is also exculpatory evidence showing AE was out of town during the murders.c

For now, LE and prosecutors are working to build the case against RH.

MOO
At the very least, a witness, yes. She and her attorney can't have it both ways. Her hair was found on victims, inside burlap, and on tape that was found, wrapped around the skeletal remains of victims. But she doesn't think he's capable of being the killer. How might it have gotten there if not by RH? And her lawyer made a comment way back, suggesting RH might be guilty. Which is it then?
I agree about noticing the hairs. Only four hairs found on four women's remains even using tape, a belt and burlap for packaging. You'd think there'd be more. MOO.

Last edited:
I like the idea of leaving the posts Re: the Manorville searches here until the time comes that we are certain that Jessica and Valerie are not connected to Lisk. And, until any connection/link, copycat or competition between RH and J Bittrolff is officially ruled out. Some here have not ruled out the possibility that a group of men are involved- for example RH, James Burke, Thomas Spota (possibly in trying to protect Burke), Joseph Brewer, Hackett, Bittrolff and possibly others unknown to us at this time.

I think the possibility of a third killer cannot be ruled out yet...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter
Back