Help Finding Missing Person Case

Redux

Reaction score
The details I can recall are scant, but hopefully someone with a better memory than I can remember this young lady's name.

I believe she disappeared within the last 5 years. She was caucasian and either late teens or more likely early 20's. She had previously been a stripper and may have been working as a stripper when she disappeared. It seems to me that she had only moved to NYC fairly recently (within a year) of when she disappeared.

There was very little in the news about her, and her thread here didn't get a whole lot of attention either, if I recall correctly. She did have a facebook page with no activity after her last known contact with anyone (other than her friends posting asking her where she was).

Sorry, I know it's not a lot to go on, but hopefully it will strike a chord with someone. I've checked all my watched threads and postings, but I can't find her in either of my lists.

Thanks

ETA: You used to be able to use advanced search on here to pull up cases in a forum for a particular state, but now it seems you need to add keywords to get that to work.

The details I can recall are scant, but hopefully someone with a better memory than I can remember this young lady's name.

I believe she disappeared within the last 5 years. She was caucasian and either late teens or more likely early 20's. She had previously been a stripper and may have been working as a stripper when she disappeared. It seems to me that she had only moved to NYC fairly recently (within a year) of when she disappeared.

There was very little in the news about her, and her thread here didn't get a whole lot of attention either, if I recall correctly. She did have a facebook page with no activity after her last known contact with anyone (other than her friends posting asking her where she was).

Sorry, I know it's not a lot to go on, but hopefully it will strike a chord with someone. I've checked all my watched threads and postings, but I can't find her in either of my lists.

Thanks

ETA: You used to be able to use advanced search on here to pull up cases in a forum for a particular state, but now it seems you need to add keywords to get that to work.
Is she still missing or do you know?

Last edited:
If you posted on the thread about her, you can go to your postings and go back and see what you have posted and perhaps recognize her name. I did this the other day for much the same reason and found the name and postings from several years ago. It takes a little time but the name was there. Just click on your own name up in the right hand corner of this page and then click on postings. Hope this works for you.

Is she still missing or do you know?
As far as I know she is. I haven't been on websleuths much for at least 6 months because of family stuff....but even back when it was posted about her, it seemed quite likely that she was no longer with us as she had a pretty high risk lifestyle (beyond the stripping part).

If you posted on the thread about her, you can go to your postings and go back and see what you have posted and perhaps recognize her name. I did this the other day for much the same reason and found the name and postings from several years ago. It takes a little time but the name was there. Just click on your own name up in the right hand corner of this page and then click on postings. Hope this works for you.

I did try this, but I really don't know if I even posted to her thread as there was so little to go on, I probably didn't have anything to really offer at the time.

I also tried looking at my watched threads, but I couldn't find her there.

I may be misremembering, but wasn't there a switch over of servers a few years ago that left a lot of old posts hard to find or even gone? IDK - I used to pour over websleuths everyday, but life has taken precedence over many of the thing I like to read about, so I could be mistaken (or not).

ETA: I know one thing for sure, the search function isn't as good as it used to be.

:( I'm so sad I can't even remember her name......she got so little attention everywhere.....but I am positive someone here will remember her as it was such a sad case.....(but aren't they all?)

Last edited:
As far as I know she is. I haven't been on websleuths much for at least 6 months because of family stuff....but even back when it was posted about her, it seemed quite likely that she was no longer with us as she had a pretty high risk lifestyle (beyond the stripping part).
Is there any chance you can narrow it down further than "within the last five years?" I understand if you can't, but that would really help. MOO

Is there any chance you can narrow it down further than "within the last five years?" I understand if you can't, but that would really help. MOO

Sorry, I wish I could, but I have the memory of a gnat.

Would you happen to be thinking of the woman who left her folded-up clothes on the beach and may have walked into the water?

Thanks, but that's not it. She just poofed, disappeared. If I'm recalling correctly, her friends couldn't even point to one person who might be responsible.

Going through all 278 pages of the 2010's missing right now hoping I can find her. On page 78 so far.

I thought this way worth a look. This gal (20 yo) moved to NY within 6 months of her going missing to pursue modeling. She isn't Caucasian but if you look at her Instagram page...she definitely looks Caucasian.

Found Safe - NY - Geraldine Mendez Victoria, 20, Brooklyn, 15 October 2016

And good news if so...because she was found alive. I'll keep looking and post if I find something else (more) promising.

I thought this way worth a look. This gal (20 yo) moved to NY within 6 months of her going missing to pursue modeling. She isn't Caucasian but if you look at her Instagram page...she definitely looks Caucasian.

Found Safe - NY - Geraldine Mendez Victoria, 20, Brooklyn, 15 October 2016

And good news if so...because she was found alive. I'll keep looking and post if I find something else (more) promising.

Thanks Detectivediva, she's not the one. I'd recognize her name immediately if I saw it. I'm so sad that I can't recall her name off the top of my head. Grr...getting older.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daz1975
Back