I am new, looking forward to learning from you all

Merk

Reaction score
I am an AF Vet and I have recently graduated college with my BS in Cybersecurity. There is a lot you can find using Open Source Intelligence and I thought "Where are the GOATs of OSINT?" Websleuths! I am hear to learn until I can help!

I am an AF Vet and I have recently graduated college with my BS in Cybersecurity. There is a lot you can find using Open Source Intelligence and I thought "Where are the GOATs of OSINT?" Websleuths! I am hear to learn until I can help!
Welcome Merk. If you feel so inclined (not a requirement), you may want to become a "verified professional". I'll include the link that explains that process below. Your expertise should prove very useful to many cases. Glad you are here!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Thank you for your service to our country. Welcome. We appreciate your willingness to contribute. Grateful for you.

Welcome Merk. If you feel so inclined (not a requirement), you may want to become a "verified professional". I'll include the link that explains that process below. Your expertise should prove very useful to many cases. Glad you are here!

Amateur opinion and speculation
Thank you! I was looking at that but I dont quite think I am knowledgable enough for that yet! Hopefully I can learn more in my career to enable me to help some more and apply for that verification. For now I am just going to watch and learn from you all!

Welcome Mert! I’m sure you can teach us a lot. I’m quite intrigued by your comment about using Open Source Intelligence! Tell us more…please. :cool:

ETA: Well, silly me. I didn’t know that what we do here had a specific name until I googled Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)! I still think we can learn a lot from you when you feel ready to share.

What is Open-Source Intelligence?​

Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) is defined as intelligence produced by collecting, evaluating and analyzing publicly available information with the purpose of answering a specific intelligence question.

Information versus Intelligence​

It's important to note that information does not equal intelligence. Without giving meaning to the data we collect, open-source findings are considered raw data. It is only once this information is looked at from a critical thinking mindset and analyzed that it becomes intelligence.

For instance, conducting OSINT is not simply saving someone’s Facebook friends list. It’s about finding meaningful information that is applicable to the intelligence question and being able to provide actionable intelligence in support of an investigation. Another way to look at it is to answer, “why does this data matter” and provide meaningful intelligence about the data collected.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back