GUILTY IA - Pieper Lewis, 17, on probation for killing her convicted rapist arrested for escaping probation center - 11/9/22

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

Nov. 9 (UPI) -- Pieper Lewis, a teenage Iowa sex-trafficking victim convicted of killing her convicted rapist, is back in custody Wednesday after having escaped.

Pieper was booked back into custody Tuesday afternoon, according to the Polk County, Iowa Sheriff's Office.

She escaped from a probation center last week, after cutting off her GPS tracker.

Lewis pleaded guilty in September to voluntary manslaughter for stabbing Zachary Brooks to death in his apartment on June 1, 2020. She said in court documents that she didn't want to have sex with him but woke up to him raping her. She was 15 at the time.

How about we treat sexual assault like a big deal and punish harshly and maybe women won’t feel the need to take it into their own hands. How about he should not have harmed her? I am only mad they keep locking her up. He was sleeping at home after being convicted of raping her as a child! She was 15 when it happened and she’s 17 now. Justice system priorities are all wrong. Why was he free???? Let her out.

So at age 15 she was sleeping in the apartment of a man who had been previously convicted of raping her?

• Wow
Reactions: abr
So at age 15 she was sleeping in the apartment of a man who had been previously convicted of raping her?

Good question -- but since at 15 you can't drive, apply for a credit card, rent a car, buy tobacco or alcohol, etc etc etc what adults were legally responsibly for her?

If she was emancipated, by which court & when?

15 is legally a child. A child has others who are legally responsible for their actions.

Who is that/are those adults in Pieper Lewis' situation???

Yes, why was she in an apartment with this cad but why was she in jail instead of those legally responsible for her???

Eve-shaming?

jmho ymmv lrr lrr lrr lrr

Good question -- but since at 15 you can't drive, apply for a credit card, rent a car, buy tobacco or alcohol, etc etc etc what adults were legally responsibly for her?

If she was emancipated, by which court & when?

15 is legally a child. A child has others who are legally responsible for their actions.

Who is that/are those adults in Pieper Lewis' situation???

Yes, why was she in an apartment with this cad but why was she in jail instead of those legally responsible for her???

Eve-shaming?

jmho ymmv lrr lrr lrr lrr
I'm guessing that the "her convicted rapist" part of the article is erroneous - although possibly the guy she killed could have been a convicted rapist. Seems like this is another sad case of typical human trafficking. She was probably too afraid of her pimp to kill him so she killed a more killable john because she would prefer jail to that lifestyle and correctly assumed the legal system would go fairly easy on her. A couple years in juvie then some kind of a halfway house where she would have been getting lined up for a job and/or college while on limited release but I guess she decided to go a different direction with it.

It's easy to say "set her free" in a situation like this but she did choose to "go big" with her escape from the sex trade and took a human life so objectively she should be considered some level of threat to society and we have a system. It's not fair that she was born into a childhood that didn't protect her more from being trafficked and I guess that system (and especially her parents/guardians) failed her so it's understandable why she and people like her would be/are reluctant to trust and participate in the system later especially a point where it starts asking for some independent effort to work and/or study plus less supervision it seems like it might be easier to just cut off your ankle monitor and hit the streets but that course of action is just going to lead right back to the lifestyle that she was in before and we can't have that.

He's a better article. The Iowa teen who killed her alleged rapist and was sentenced to probation has escaped from custody | CNN - some additional takeaways I see here are that her pimp had gone full pimp and cut her for refusing to go back to the home of the guy she killed and that she was borderline blackout drunk when it happened. I'm sure all that was taken into consideration when she was given the sentence but one huge factor I also see is that she had been hit with a $150,000 settlement to the victim's family. This makes it even more understandable why she would be reluctant to enter the workforce.

He's a better article. The Iowa teen who killed her alleged rapist and was sentenced to probation has escaped from custody | CNN - some additional takeaways I see here are that her pimp had gone full pimp and cut her for refusing to go back to the home of the guy she killed and that she was borderline blackout drunk when it happened. I'm sure all that was taken into consideration when she was given the sentence but one huge factor I also see is that she had been hit with a $150,000 settlement to the victim's family. This makes it even more understandable why she would be reluctant to enter the workforce.

imho any legal responsibility on that one belongs to the pimp identified by LE.

jmho ymmv lrr

Are you R#$)$)&#@((! kidding me? She has to pay the victim's family money for doing them a favor? I'm sorry but he is a and she doesn't owe anyone anything. I'd say the system owes her for failing her so badly she was being trafficked from a young age, not educated, abused and raped. This is enraging.

Pieper Lewis’ ‘whereabouts unknown’ after second-chance at probation​

A Des Moines sex trafficking victim who killed the man she says raped her, has violated her probation for a second time and authorities don’t know where she is, according to court documents.

Pieper Lewis, 19, had been serving her probation at House of Cherith, a Georgia facility that specializes in providing resources to victims of sex trafficking. A probation revocation document filed Monday said Lewis had violated house rules multiple times for “unauthorized departures from the premises, lack of adherence to room cleanliness standards, and engaging in verbal altercations with fellow residents.”

The document also said Lewis used the facility’s phones illicitly to communicate with someone and later had multiple contraband cell phones she used to make financial transactions. She also missed a medical appointment on purpose and admitted it was so she could meet up with someone for “intimate relations.”

During Lewis’ time at the facility, she was also hospitalized after making statements about harming herself and others.

Pieper Lewis’ ‘whereabouts unknown’ after second-chance at probation​

A Des Moines sex trafficking victim who killed the man she says raped her, has violated her probation for a second time and authorities don’t know where she is, according to court documents.

Pieper Lewis, 19, had been serving her probation at House of Cherith, a Georgia facility that specializes in providing resources to victims of sex trafficking. A probation revocation document filed Monday said Lewis had violated house rules multiple times for “unauthorized departures from the premises, lack of adherence to room cleanliness standards, and engaging in verbal altercations with fellow residents.”

The document also said Lewis used the facility’s phones illicitly to communicate with someone and later had multiple contraband cell phones she used to make financial transactions. She also missed a medical appointment on purpose and admitted it was so she could meet up with someone for “intimate relations.”

During Lewis’ time at the facility, she was also hospitalized after making statements about harming herself and others.

Sadly I guess this won't be the last we hear of her.

She's very damaged. Her behavior isnt shocking, for someone who was first abused as a child, then betrayed. I hope she finds a safe and happy path. No matter what happened, this isn't the answer. I wish she would be open to help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haororg
Back