ID - Daralyn Johnson, 9, Nampa, Murdered, 1982 *inmate arrest in 2020*

Now that I am copying & making my notes - I do see this:

04/10/2024 Motion Granted
Judicial Officer
Whitney, Thomas W.
Comment
State's Motion for Jury to View Locations: Sites 1, 2, & 3; State's Motion to Issue Subpoena; State's Motion to Seal State's Notice of Intent to Introduce Evidence

04/10/2024 Motion Denied
Judicial Officer
Whitney, Thomas W.
Comment
State's Motion for Jury to View Locations: Site 4; Defense's Motion to Continue Jury Trial

So it is only Site 4 - whatever that is - was denied. Plus the continuance. So the jury will be able to see site 1, 2 & 3.

Now that I am copying & making my notes - I do see this:

04/10/2024 Motion Granted
Judicial Officer
Whitney, Thomas W.
Comment
State's Motion for Jury to View Locations: Sites 1, 2, & 3; State's Motion to Issue Subpoena; State's Motion to Seal State's Notice of Intent to Introduce Evidence

04/10/2024 Motion Denied
Judicial Officer
Whitney, Thomas W.
Comment
State's Motion for Jury to View Locations: Site 4; Defense's Motion to Continue Jury Trial

So it is only Site 4 - whatever that is - was denied. Plus the continuance. So the jury will be able to see site 1, 2 & 3.
Thank you! I'm guessing the street she was abducted from; the street both she and the murderer lived on; and the site where she was found dead. :(

Friday, May 3rd:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 9am MT) - ID – Daralyn Renée Johnson (9) (missing Feb. 21, 1982, found Feb. 24, 1982, Nampa. Her body, which had been sexually assaulted & beaten, was found in a shallow drainage ditch along the Snake River in Melba by a group of fishermen. Johnson sustained blunt force trauma to the head & torso, but ultimately died from drowning) - *David Allen Dalrymple (24 @ time of crime/62/now 66) charged (5/4/20) & formally charged & re-arraigned (10/27/22) with felony 1st degree murder & felony rape. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 5/13/24.
Canyon County District Judge Thomas Whitney presiding.

Case & court info from 5/4/20 thru 4/1/24 reference post #133 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ered-1982-inmate-arrest-in-2020.520075/page-7

4/4/24 Update: No info on evidentiary hearing Day 2. Next pretrial conference on 4/10/24 @ 2:30pm. 4/10/24 Update: Pretrial Conference. Judge Thomas Whitney presiding. Hearing held. In person - Motion for Jury to View Locations - Intent Rule 404(b) / Intent to Use Summary Evidence, Motion to continue Jury Trial, motion to shorten time, motion to issue subpoena, motion to seal States' Notice of intent to introduce evidence. Order to Transport defendant. Court minutes. Motion granted for State's Motion for Jury to View Locations: Sites 1, 2, & 3; State's Motion to Issue Subpoena; State's Motion to Seal State's Notice of Intent to Introduce Evidence. Motion Denied for State's Motion for Jury to View Locations: Site 4 & Defense's Motion to Continue Jury Trial. State's Objection & Brief in Opposition to Defendant's Motion to Suppress.
4/11/24 Docket update: Affidavit in Support of Motion. Motion to Compel. Discovery & Notice of Hearing. Motion to Shorten Time. Affidavit in Support of Motion to Suppress.
4/12/24 Docket update: Motion to Suppress hearing. Judge Thomas Whitney presiding. Hearing held. In person. Witness Disclosure Amended Expert. Affidavit in Support of Motion to Suppress. Court minutes. Exhibit List/Log. Defendant's Motion to Suppress. Case taken under advisement. Order by Judge Whitney. Findings & Order regarding Touhy Request.
4/16/24 Docket update: State's Supplemental Response to request for Discovery-32nd.
4/17/24 Docket Update: Witness Disclosure-Expert - Amended. Objection to State's Notice of Intent Rule 404(b) Evidence.
4/18/24 Docket update: Subpoena issued by Judge Whitney. Next status conference hearing on 5/3/24 @ 9am.

@ReadySet - hoping trial is still starting on 5/13!! Any changes? TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43
Back