IL IL - Chicago, UnkSex/UnkRace/UnkAge. UP11687. Left leg only by Lake Michigan. June 2013 - Michael F. Young

What condition was the leg in? Did it have skin and muscles or was it just bones?

I have a feeling if the leg is in good condition the individual may still be alive. Possibly an amputation but who would just dump a leg in a lake? Unlikely but could be a possibility. Again unlikely.

Good question. I’m thinking it has to be DNA, but since he is Unclaimed it had to be matched to his own known DNA. How could this be after so many years escapes me.. :oops:
I guess maybe someone with a close relations just happened to upload their DNA into a databank and it got matched. This ID has raised 100 more questions than answers.
Obviously it's just a leg so who knows. Maybe he's still alive and it got lost after an amputation and he hasn't claimed his own leg?

I guess maybe someone with a close relations just happened to upload their DNA into a databank and it got matched. This ID has raised 100 more questions than answers.
Obviously it's just a leg so who knows. Maybe he's still alive and it got lost after an amputation and he hasn't claimed his own leg?
You're right, it could still be forensic genealogy even tough he's unclaimed at the moment. Maybe this will change soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb
Back