IL IL - Joseph Myers, 17, Cahokia, 27 Feb 1981

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Joseph Myers was last seen in Cahokia, Illinois on February 27, 1981

Demographics
Missing Age: 17 Years
Current Age: 57 Years
First Name: Joseph
Middle Name: M
Last Name: Myers
Nickname/Alias--
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 3" - 5' 5" (63 - 65 Inches)
Weight: 125 - 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: February 27, 1981
NamUs Case Created: July 25, 2017
Last Known Location Map
County: St. Clair County
Missing From Tribal Land--
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Left Eye Color: Blue
Right Eye Color: Blue

Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing: WEARING BLUE JEANS AND C0RDUR0Y C0AT

Transportation
No Information Entered

Investigating Agencies

Cahokia Police Department (Case Owner)
(618) 337-9505
Agency Case Number: 2020-04542
William Kenny, Detective

I couldn't see him on any of the privately run missing in Illinois pages either. Is noone advocating to find this child? Does Namus show if he has been ruled out against any UID?

Murky waters
I have a missing brother who's name is Joe Myers and we lived in Cahokia Illinois. The clothing that is described is my brother. Only he did not go missing in 1981. Can you please contact me

Welcome to Websleuths Myra! Sorry to hear about your brother.

NamUs put your brothers date of disappearance as February 27, 1981, law enforcement may have entered the incorrect date. That does happen sometimes unfortunately, but it can be corrected. Do you have a photo of your brother? because if so, that can also be added to NamUs.

Thank you for responding. Yes I have a photo, and I do believe he is wearing the jacket he was wearing when he came up missing.
His missing date is February 12, 1978. The date of 1981 was when we got another tip of where he might be buried, we meaning family went to that city police department and filed another report. Sadly they told us not much could be done.
This was such a heart ache for our mother and father. My father called FBI but nothing was done.

Thank you for responding. Yes I have a photo, and I do believe he is wearing the jacket he was wearing when he came up missing.
His missing date is February 12, 1978. The date of 1981 was when we got another tip of where he might be buried, we meaning family went to that city police department and filed another report. Sadly they told us not much could be done.
This was such a heart ache for our mother and father. My father called FBI but nothing was done.

That sounds so frustrating. It now sort of makes sense as to why they entered the incorrect date in the system. From what I understand law enforcement can correct and update information on NamUs. Do you have any contact with the Cahokia Police Department? According to NamUs, William Kenny is the detective in charge of the case, he could possibly correct the date and upload a photograph of your brother. Have LE ever taken DNA from any of your family members to compare to unidentified remains?

It would be great if anyone could provide a photo or give us a little information about Joseph Myers and the circumstances leading up to his disappearance? Had anyone seen him just prior to him going missing? Was he last seen in Cahokia? Did he own a car?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallgirl
Back