IL IL - William Weber, 92, Endangered due to medical condition, driving silver Chev Malibu, East Moline, 29 Mar 2024

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1711947227806.png

EAST MOLINE, Illinois (KWQC) - The East Moline Police Department has activated an Endangered Missing Person Advisory. The East Moline Police Department is asking for help locating 92-year-old William Weber. He is a white male, 5 foot 11 inches, and weighs 170 pounds. William has gray hair and blue eyes and is possibly wearing a black Iowa Hawkeyes jacket, blue t-shirt, sweatpants, and slippers.

Pictures posted on PD FB:
1711947821918.png
1711947855481.png

EAST MOLINE, Ill. (KWQC) - East Moline Police say they are still trying to find a man who was reported missing one week ago.

William “Bill” Weber, 92, was last seen last Friday evening when family members delivered groceries to his East Moline apartment.

However, when they returned the following morning, Weber, his car and walker were nowhere to be found.

More at link -- his daughter-in-law says that he hasn't driven in more then 7 months. He had a knee injury and it is hard for him to get out of his apartment with his walker, even with help.

I've said it before, this happens so frequently, and unexpectedly to many caring families - one day, one week, their elderly family member can drive just fine, and days or a couple weeks later, not fine at all. My 90 year old dad was driving back and forth to the grocery a couple blocks away without issues. He never drove anywhere else, someone taking him to church and for outings. I got a call one day that he'd picked up a hitchhiker and driven HUNDREDS of miles away to drop the young man off, then was lost and couldn't get home. He was OK, but it was a lesson I never forgot (he lived to be 102). I hope this family has a good outcome as well.

APR 11

EAST MOLINE, Ill. (KWQC) - A 92-year-old man of East Moline has been missing for nearly two weeks and police say they still have no strong leads regarding his disappearance or whereabouts.

With no wallet or cell phone, William “Bill” Weber, his car and walker have yet to be found. But his family says he hasn’t driven his car since October while rehabbing a broken knee.

The family also says he requires help to get up the stairs in order to exit his apartment building.

Nonetheless, he has disappeared without a trace.

More at ‘All hands on deck’: Police continue their search for missing East Moline man

April 30, 2024

EAST MOLINE, Ill. (KWQC) - The search continues for a missing East Moline man last seen one month ago.

Det. Riley Reeves says the East Moline Police Department has been working in conjunction with other local, state and federal agencies to find Weber, but have come up empty.

He said neighbors and family members have been interviewed more than once, but there are still no clues.

With nicer and warmer weather this spring, Weber’s family is urging those spending time outdoors, including mushroom hunters and boaters, to be on the lookout for Weber and his car.

Det. Reeves said DNR has searched the Mississippi River from Hampton to Moline, but with no luck.

He says drones have also looked at nearby boat ramps, however, flooding has made the search difficult in recent weeks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosegold45
Back