GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x250210087/Police-search-for-missing-Watson-girl

We have an exact address and another MSM has named the mother.
Long was last seen at her family's home at 104 Circle Drive. Her Mother, Cierra Deryke checked on her and her son at 8:45 a.m.

Effingham County Sheriff's Department had already checked with Long's friends and other places she may have gone before turning their attention to the railroad tracks near her home and the fields north of Watson.

more at the link

The articles mention that there are two parents, but I can't find this info. Was the dad at home when Willow walked out the door? tia

This is not far from my hometown. I can't say that I've ever been to Watson, but I've been by it many times. And I think I can provide some general information that might be of interest.

Rural Central Illinois has been hit hard by meth addiction in recent years. There's no indication that has any relevance to this case. But it's worth noting. Rural areas are often locations for meth labs.

There is an elementary school a few miles north of Watson. This is probably where she attends school. There is probably a school bus for her to take. But she also could be driven every day.

People in Watson likely know lots of people in Effingham.

There aren't any canals in this area. There are a few small creeks that drain farmland. There are usually ponds near the overpasses. I'm sure there's an exit ramp off I-57 that likely has a pond. There may be a small lake in the area, too.

I don't know what the weather was like today. But a friend of mine spent the day in St. Louis and mentioned rain before the ballgame. So I imagine there was a front that went through during the day.

The fields are corn and soybeans. The land is relatively flat, but there are some hills in Effingham County. You could walk for a few miles through a cornfield without ever reaching a road. But you will reach one at some point. She probably wouldn't be too lost in a bean field since she'd likely be able to see in all directions. The corn at this time of the year is brown, and the stalks are brittle. So there would be some signs of activity in a field. But it would be far less noticeable if a 50-pound kid was tramping through one.

Our RSO has had three protection orders filed against him. They were filed by three different plaintiffs. The first was in the late 1990s. His offense was in 2005. About a year later, he was charged with failing to update his address. He also has a few drug arrests. The RSO has an EXTREMELY common last name for that area. I know LOTS of people with his last name. It's probably the most common last name for that area.

Is it possible she's at a friend's house? Like the friend is hiding her in the room? The parents go out to search, maybe they have an older child babysitting, and none of the kids realize what a big deal it is? 'Cause I feel like a friend's house is where a child who leaves their home in a small town might go.

That would be a wonderful outcome! Could happen. Especially if the older child was already watching a sibling and Willow showed up. Then folks call and say they need to help out, without saying what they were doing. Can you imagine coming home exhausted from searching, going to bed and waking up to find Willow at your kitchen table?

Google has updated their feature for making a map, but I tried my hand at it.

Not sure where the fire department is. As it's headquarters for the search, if anyone knows, please fill me in so I can add it. Thanks.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zSOXr2WUMk3o.keHGwumstTfY

It appears there are several dedicated stations around Watson, but none that I can find in Watson. They may have a mixed use building/department in Watson? Maybe I can't figure out the search...LOL.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=fire-department++Watson,+IL&hl=en&ll=39.044786,-88.516846&spn=0.533285,1.056061&sll=38.97062,-88.60508&sspn=0.133461,0.264015&gl=us&hq=fire-department&hnear=Watson,+Effingham,+Illinois&t=m&z=10

I'm new here. I read the rules, but I'm having a hard time deciphering what is allowed and what is not so I won't leave names.

There is another RSO living only 5 minutes (2 turns of the road) from Willow Long's residence, not the one y'all are referring to.

Charged with Unlawful Restraint of...a 4 year old.

He was shown as living at the residence (the one close to Willow's home) up through July, 2013 and I can't find any information after that with regard to location.

I'm new here. I read the rules, but I'm having a hard time deciphering what is allowed and what is not so I won't leave names.

There is another RSO living only 5 minutes (2 turns of the road) from Willow Long's residence, not the one y'all are referring to.

Charged with Unlawful Restraint of...a 4 year old.

He was shown as living at the residence (the one close to Willow's home) up through July, 2013 and I can't find any information after that with regard to location.
Uh no. Where did you find that link? Please post it. Thank you and welcome to Websleuths. :)

:wagon:

I was not sure if I was allowed to post the link or not, as it has his name, address, location, map, what he was charged with, etc. I thought we weren't allowed to do that so I didn't include the link.

If someone says it's okay to post it I will.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone.

It is not illegal if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim.

But, let's use initals for their names for now. Just to avoid any *potential* harassment or linking an "innocent" person to this case.

I was not sure if I was allowed to post the link or not, as it has his name, address, location, map, what he was charged with, etc. I thought we weren't allowed to do that so I didn't include the link.

What she said!

There are 3 RSOs in Watson according to this site:

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Watson-Illinois.html

I looked at the City Data link that was posted, but, that information could be old. I searched the Illinois Sex Offender Registry also and I only see one in Watson on Sunset. Not sure if the "City data" link is current, but, definitely do not want to post information on someone who is no longer in the area. :twocents:

Illinois State Police and Family Watchdog both show ONE RSO in Watson.

J.W.K. - Child *advertiser censored* with a 16 year old

I'd link but links on these sites never go directly to the person.

There are 3 RSOs in Watson according to this site:

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Watson-Illinois.html

Hi Tex, how you doing!

One of those names is "interesting" for any of those researching around. Maybe this is what one of the above posters was referencing. Didn't want to post more as not sure if it would violate TOS.

While there is always those RSO's -- and god I hope this is not the case in this case. There are always the unregistered, undetected, unreported SO's; which seems to have played a large majority in recent cases or at least ones I am thinking of. I feel unnerved though with the amount of resources; a GREAT thing, but a worrisome thing as to what could be going on behind the scenes. As there IS always much going on not known to the public.

The one picture they continue to post of her, she looks a little younger but reminds me somewhat of a porcelain type face similar to Madeline McCann.
Praying for the safe return of this sweet child and to all the searchers out looking for this child, may they bring her home safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth