Imposter - James Dee Frances Sheker - Who is he?

I am a nonfiction author fascinated by the JAMES DEE FRANCIS SHEKER case-does anyone in this thread have additional information or research they would like to share?
Yeah I do.. i probably still have a photo of him which matched the description in the article. He was in Australia in the mid 90s. He travelled to Sydney and Adelaide, spending big, staying at the grand Hyatt, really splashing the cash. Didn’t know he was a conman at the time though. He said he was closing million dollar deals with the sheikh of some country, was going to import his vodka and alcohol lines, was even shopping for million dollar homes to buy here. He hooked up with my mum, promised the world and then went missing again. He would randomly call, when he was ‘driving his Ferrari in the Swiss alps’ talking all sweet and loving to my mum, but it was all a ploy. She lent him some money because he was ‘trying to get a deal over the line but all his cash was locked up in other deals’- needless to say she never saw a cent. He ended up in Las Vegas, living with some people who were Armenian called mom and pop or something similar, and similar to the obituary he died in Vegas around October sometime. We know he died because we engaged lawyers to try and recover the money, but it never went anywhere. All the stories in the articles about the mining, the metals, being in jail, a government agent all ring true as he told my mum the same stuff. It’s definitely the same guy- missing fingers and all!

I can tell you a lot. Found this thread on accident. My grandmother was married to Jim and he was my step grandfather in the 80's and I lived with them in Los Angeles.
Hi, so it’s definitely the same guy? Please read my previous reply and see if any of that makes sense to you. Thanks

Fascinating case. Marking my place so I can come back and read more. Does anyone know if he ever had any children? Would be a great use of genealogical research.

Yeah I do.. i probably still have a photo of him which matched the description in the article. He was in Australia in the mid 90s. He travelled to Sydney and Adelaide, spending big, staying at the grand Hyatt, really splashing the cash. Didn’t know he was a conman at the time though. He said he was closing million dollar deals with the sheikh of some country, was going to import his vodka and alcohol lines, was even shopping for million dollar homes to buy here. He hooked up with my mum, promised the world and then went missing again. He would randomly call, when he was ‘driving his Ferrari in the Swiss alps’ talking all sweet and loving to my mum, but it was all a ploy. She lent him some money because he was ‘trying to get a deal over the line but all his cash was locked up in other deals’- needless to say she never saw a cent. He ended up in Las Vegas, living with some people who were Armenian called mom and pop or something similar, and similar to the obituary he died in Vegas around October sometime. We know he died because we engaged lawyers to try and recover the money, but it never went anywhere. All the stories in the articles about the mining, the metals, being in jail, a government agent all ring true as he told my mum the same stuff. It’s definitely the same guy- missing fingers and all!
I’m remembering more and more now. He used to call himself Dr Sheker, but a Dr of what who knows? He was in Australia for a long time, as in months maybe even a year, and he was apparently here making some kind of deal regarding ‘the queens gold’. He was also having some deal, or doing something with bonds or debentures, and had a problem with some Arab royalty called Khalifa. She was supposed to be a queen or princess or something. His company name was Heller International, or at least that’s company he represented. And he fancied himself in the kitchen, he would even go behind the bar at the hotels to make his own thick shakes which he called a ‘sheker shake’ lol how’s that for branding. He came at least twice, and im inclined to think it was around 1993-1995.

I’m remembering more and more now. He used to call himself Dr Sheker, but a Dr of what who knows? He was in Australia for a long time, as in months maybe even a year, and he was apparently here making some kind of deal regarding ‘the queens gold’. He was also having some deal, or doing something with bonds or debentures, and had a problem with some Arab royalty called Khalifa. She was supposed to be a queen or princess or something. His company name was Heller International, or at least that’s company he represented. And he fancied himself in the kitchen, he would even go behind the bar at the hotels to make his own thick shakes which he called a ‘sheker shake’ lol how’s that for branding. He came at least twice, and im inclined to think it was around 1993-1995.
The information in the posts above say the person was in Federal US Prison from 1978-95.

The information in the posts above say the person was in Federal US Prison from 1978-95.
Yeah that doesn’t make much sense to me either. Because the guy in story meets the description to a tee, unless my dates are out. Or it’s a different person. I’m going to find the photo and hopefully the dates are on it.

Well here he is, the man who presented himself as James Dee Francis/Frances Sheker. In Australia in 1993, confirmed by the photo. Not sure how then he could have been in Jail until 95/97. Something was going on. Maybe his ‘CIA connections’ lol, got him out earlier but the records remained as showing imprisoned until later. Who knows
IMG_6859.jpegIMG_6861.jpegIMG_6861.jpegIMG_6857.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6858.jpeg
    IMG_6858.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 6
James Dee Francis Sheker, a/k/a Dallas Dean Rust, hereinafter referred to as the defendant, was convicted of Second Degree Murder, in Logan County District Court, Case No. CRF-78-42, was sentenced to an indeterminate term of imprisonment of ten (10) years' to life, and he appeals.

IMG_4423.jpeg

@081188 they look very similar. I looked up federal release info and it said 1997 as well.
His appeals case able says 10-life. He was denied parole twice in mid-80s per newspapers.
I’ll keep looking. I’m curious now when he was released.

Wow
James Dee Francis Sheker, a/k/a Dallas Dean Rust, hereinafter referred to as the defendant, was convicted of Second Degree Murder, in Logan County District Court, Case No. CRF-78-42, was sentenced to an indeterminate term of imprisonment of ten (10) years' to life, and he appeals.

View attachment 432481

@081188 they look very similar. I looked up federal release info and it said 1997 as well.
His appeals case able says 10-life. He was denied parole twice in mid-80s per newspapers.
I’ll keep looking. I’m curious now when he was re
Eo

View attachment 432481

I’ll keep looking. I’m curious now when he was released.
Wow, great work!

He was release in 1989 when a law changed saying there couldn’t be an indeterminate sentence. He was sentenced to 10-life. The appeals court looked at the case and reduced the sentence to 10 years. He had already served over that at the time and presumably was released.

He was release in 1989 when a law changed saying there couldn’t be an indeterminate sentence. He was sentenced to 10-life. The appeals court looked at the case and reduced the sentence to 10 years. He had already served over that at the time and presumably was released.
Thanks for finding that. I’ve noticed that the release date is often wrong on state and federal criminal databases.

For anyone interested, I believe he passed in 2002 in Nevada.
Also, he has a son living in GA. Has @Richard or anyone else deep diving contacted him about doing a DNA test?
I spent hours last night reading up on this case. It’s fascinating. I’ve been quite deep in the Paul Raymond Harrod case www.WhoIsPaulRaymondHarrod.com for the past year. There is a good thread here on WS. I’m only linking website because info isn’t summarized in thread and there are a LOT of pages….but it’s a fun journey through the case!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back