Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading the name IE sends a shot of anger through me. And yes, RA is toast IMO.

IE won on technicalities. To be honest, it seems clear who “disappeared” SM, but it is not a “beyond reasonable doubt” case. Maybe a case that misses either one witness, or an extra camera. ((
Remember JBR case. It is also clear what happened, at least, but it will not be ever solved. I think SM’s disappearance is of the same type, but neither is SM forgotten, nor will anyone ever forget BM.

could someone possibly post that tweet here, please?
I can't access twitter at all.
(old iPad browser, they no longer support.)
please, and ty . . .
If you can access Facebook, here Is the Wish-TV video featuring a clip of Carrie Timmons.

And the Inside Edition version.

Last edited:
MOO, as I recall during the Knoxville TN trial of the murderers of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsome, the horrible crime scene photos were displayed electronically in court and spectators present saw them. The family were given the opportunity to leave court before the crime scene photos were shown. This was Tennessee, and Indiana may do it differently. I think ultimately it is left to the discretion of the judge. MOO

I also think the fact that Abby and Libby were minors may have some bearing. I remember the Knoxville murders. Evil.

Respectfully, RA has managed to evade arrest from LE, FBI, ISP for 5 plus years, hiding in plain sight. I find him quite the opposite of incompetent for execution.
RSBM. Right! This is why I find it hard to fathom that people speculate his lack of obtaining counsel is due to denial. If anything I lean to towards this being a family/money issue or it's strategic. If he leaves hiring counsel to the last minute, his counsel can claim he doesn't have enough time to prepare for the hearing and it be delayed. He's not co-operating and so IMO by delaying counsel is delaying all concerned getting any further information.

This is what I cannot wrap my head around:

Reporter asked if the community should be worried about someone targeting their children and Leazenby said no. That the community was safe.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps he was "blacked out drunk" (see below). And I agree with his gait on the bridge. Not just (IMO) that he lifted his right foot higher than a normal gait, but the fact it appeared he was placing it down in front of his left foot, and not like walking straight. It's hard to tell from the short clip of him walking on the bridge because it cuts off a few seconds too soon IMO, but that's what comes to mind every time I watch that clip. That his balance might have been off or that he was having a problem walking straight.

Alcohol-related blackouts are gaps in a person's memory for events that occurred while they were intoxicated. These gaps happen when a person drinks enough alcohol to temporarily block the transfer of memories from short-term to long-term storage—known as memory consolidation—in a brain area called the hippocampus.

People often confuse “blacking out” with “passing out,” also called syncope, which is a temporary loss of consciousness where a person no longer displays voluntary behaviors. However, an alcohol-related blackout involves losing your memory while you’re still awake and conscious; you can be moving around, interacting with others, and seem fine to those around you. Blackouts are caused by drinking high quantities of alcohol, which leads to an impairment in the way your brain transfers memories from short- to long-term memory.

People can experience two different types of blackouts when they drink enough alcohol. If you experience a fragmentary blackout, also known as a “grayout” or “brownout”, you may have gaps in your memory combined with some level of recollection of events, whereas a total blackout involves no recollection of events, because memories of what happened never form and if they do, you cannot access them.

Just catching up in here due to wind storm knocking over trees, which pulled power cables down since Saturday.

I am not arguing the point BG could have been drunk, HOWEVER, I have been to the trails and the bridge and honestly, I would have looked like a drunk or someone on drugs trying to cross the bridge.
There are rotted out boards and boards missing--it is not a straight walk across there.

Yes he could have been drinking, but the video and images, IMO, look like he is just on a mission.
What the motive was, I have no idea but he was on a mission, the way he walked, seems like he has walked it before, IMO

Absolutely no shame, nor blame nor disrespect here for the family but, color me confused because this entire time (5 years, 8 months and 15 days for the general public) LE has been saying that BG was local.
She states that here - that they expected local ties and familiarity with the area. It's the fact that he was going about his day to day life that entire time, undetected. Really wild to think about.

I tried several times yesterday to explain basic math. :) Good luck. :)
12"=1 foot.

I am assuming that LE were able to analyse the image captured and using shadows, background, and angles, determine the exact height, time and location of the man on the bridge and probably quite a few more physical characteristics too.

12"=1 foot.

I am assuming that LE were able to analyse the image captured and using shadows, background, and angles, determine the exact height, time and location of the man on the bridge and probably quite a few more physical characteristics too.
See post 672

Eta: if anyone helped cover for BG, they could possibly face obstruction charges at minimum, jmo.

Will anyone get charged with felony accessory after the fact?

—-

Eta2:

From the article:
According to Vido, ‘Shots’ had messaged with Libby during the sleepover she had with Abby ahead of their final day. In fact, Shots was one of the last people she communicated with on the morning she and her friend went missing.

Now, investigators told Kline, they did not believe that he was the only one who messaged Libby under the guise of Shots

According to Vido, ‘On February 13 [at] eight o’clock in the morning …two separate devices…log in, log out. Log in, log out. All within minutes of each other. To the same Anthony Shots Snapchat account.’

Vido then drew Kline’s attention to subsequent messages exchanged between the Anthony Shots account and a friend of Libby’s.

The conversation began with the friend asking Shots if he had heard about Libby and Abby. Shots responded, ‘OMG what happened, du-du-du’ then stated, ‘Yeh we were supposed to meet but she never showed up.’

Kline reacted violently to this information claiming that he never sent any such message, describing that as ‘a *advertiser censored**ing lie’ and accusing Vido of implying he murdered the girls.

Vido responded, ‘I can honestly sit here and I’m telling you I do not believe that you killed Liberty or Abby…But you need to tell me who was logging into these accounts?’

Last edited:
@ChuckInHouston Post #632 last thread.
I understand what you're saying and agree for the most part. Its not just they are small town officials it could happen even in bigger jurisdictions so that part I tend to see a little different. Secondly, the judge had every right to be concenred so recused himself,that's not an issue but the public badgering is something, though and could be scary as well. The public wants to know for many reasons not just one. I believe the main concern of the public though is if this guy lived amongst us were we in danger, if so are we still in danger, just because a suspect is in custody may not mean we are any safer. I don't think the evidence is an issue to the public's concern its what happened and the horror of it. In the back of the public's mind I think they really want to know is this guy responsible for anything else? Mind you I could be correct on these aspects of the public's concern because I haven't been up to date on this case for a short while so things change fast so maybe now there is more credence. I can see some new MSM articles that appear to hold this up. I will look and update myself.

Perhaps he was "blacked out drunk" (see below). And I agree with his gait on the bridge. Not just (IMO) that he lifted his right foot higher than a normal gait, but the fact it appeared he was placing it down in front of his left foot, and not like walking straight. It's hard to tell from the short clip of him walking on the bridge because it cuts off a few seconds too soon IMO, but that's what comes to mind every time I watch that clip. That his balance might have been off or that he was having a problem walking straight.

Alcohol-related blackouts are gaps in a person's memory for events that occurred while they were intoxicated. These gaps happen when a person drinks enough alcohol to temporarily block the transfer of memories from short-term to long-term storage—known as memory consolidation—in a brain area called the hippocampus.

People often confuse “blacking out” with “passing out,” also called syncope, which is a temporary loss of consciousness where a person no longer displays voluntary behaviors. However, an alcohol-related blackout involves losing your memory while you’re still awake and conscious; you can be moving around, interacting with others, and seem fine to those around you. Blackouts are caused by drinking high quantities of alcohol, which leads to an impairment in the way your brain transfers memories from short- to long-term memory.

People can experience two different types of blackouts when they drink enough alcohol. If you experience a fragmentary blackout, also known as a “grayout” or “brownout”, you may have gaps in your memory combined with some level of recollection of events, whereas a total blackout involves no recollection of events, because memories of what happened never form and if they do, you cannot access them.

Oh no I hope he won't use this as a defense argument. In our jurisdiction the government very recently ammended this as a defense and added clauses to it so that the victim is not left out in the cold with no justice.

12"=1 foot.

Or/and I was thinking technology evolves so maybe in that time the grainy image has become clear (remember swirly face guy) to LE.

The video that Libby took sounds super distressing listening to Down The Hill. It sounds like one of them knew what was about to happen. They mention the feelings going though one or the girls at the time. I can not imagine the fear and yet having the foresight to record what some of what was going to happen.

The video that Libby took sounds super distressing listening to Down The Hill. It sounds like one of them knew what was about to happen. They mention the feelings going though one or the girls at the time. I can not imagine the fear and yet having the foresight to record what some of what was going to happen.
A brave young girl for sure!

RSBM. Right! This is why I find it hard to fathom that people speculate his lack of obtaining counsel is due to denial. If anything I lean to towards this being a family/money issue or it's strategic. If he leaves hiring counsel to the last minute, his counsel can claim he doesn't have enough time to prepare for the hearing and it be delayed. He's not co-operating and so IMO by delaying counsel is delaying all concerned getting any further information.
BBM - I am not sure whether this is specualtion, but seeing as RA does not have legal counsel (or did not have legal counsel at the time this was specualted about), its not surprising he's not 'co-operating'.

BBM - I am not sure whether this is specualtion, but seeing as RA does not have legal counsel (or did not have legal counsel at the time this was specualted about), its not surprising he's not 'co-operating'.
Of course most would not co-operate without a lawyer, I was more referring to ppl speculating he'll plead early or he was in denial, etc. I was trying to make the point (perhaps poorly) that given the nature of the crime and the appearance of him living unperturbed, IMO, speaks to the obtaining of counsel being of other reasons than that of denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrudiS0716