IN- Homeless man known as “Machete Man” arrested after threatening residents

IceIce9

Verified EMT
Reaction score
Sad situation but what is the solution?

Local businesses are losing customers because of “Machete Man.”

The arresting officer reportedly had attempted to help Glenn on numerous occasions, including attempts to refer him to resources for the homeless, but he refuses help.

INDIANAPOLIS — Police say they've arrested an Indianapolis man as a last resort after numerous instances of him threatening community members and local businesses.

According to newly filed court documents, 40-year-old Anthony Glenn, who is experiencing homelessness, is known to the Warren Park area on Indy's east side as the "Machete Man" due to his history of carrying a machete and using it to threaten local business owners and community members.

This is a sad and also a scary situation. Certainly, IMHO, someone wielding a machete cannot be tolerated among the public, but how long can they hold this person?
Guessing LE took away his machete -- I would think that was legal so as to guard against the wielder hurting himself or others. This is a tuff one...

This is a sad and also a scary situation. Certainly, IMHO, someone wielding a machete cannot be tolerated among the public, but how long can they hold this person?
Guessing LE took away his machete -- I would think that was legal so as to guard against the wielder hurting himself or others. This is a tuff one...
So sad because what is the solution?

I frequently work in Indianapolis and there are parts of the city where businesses are suffering because of homeless people. I understand that many of them have mental issues but they can be very threatening. Others are drug dependent.

Some of the homeless are very aggressive panhandlers.

In certain areas you have to watch out for needles, broken glass, etc. on the sidewalks and in parking lots.

There are many homeless shelters in the city, but many of the homeless prefer to live on the streets.

I think these circumstances are becoming common all over the world, certainly here in Canada. I don't know what the solution is other than we need to rebuild the mental health facilities that were closed and we need to hold some people against their will. Everyone's afraid of that but clearly releasing some of these folks is backfiring and is dangerous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher
Back