IN IN - Spencer, BlkFem 395UFIN, 25-45, medallion 'Corline S likes Steve P', Oct'03

I agree. How do they KNOW she was AA if her post mortem range is that long?

You have different guidelines when you take measurements of the skull, in AA, the dental arch is generally flatter, nasal aperture is wider and jawline a bit more protruding than in Caucasians, Asians or Native. But it is by far no exact science and life beats statistics very very often...
I cant count the cases where AA individuals were classified as Caucasian by anthropology because their features did not exactly fit into the AA range...sometimes, AA were classified as Asian. A lot also has to do with the subconscious Caucasian bonus that is still prevalent in science. Most colleagues would first think of a Caucasian when they have an ambigous skull before they would think of an AA.

Rarely as I said you find the opposite... if a Caucasian "deviates" from statistics, they are classified as AA sometimes.

Race estimate in anthropology is a very tricky field and also has a problematic historical background. Also, increasingly, "race" is a fluid concept, many multiracial or racially ambigous people out there.
If I could decide, I would drop the whole "race" estimate in anthropology and just go for autosomal DNA, where possible. That is also of course not an exact science and one that is still evolving, but it is considerably more accurate when it comes to the heritage of a person.

So i would say we have multiple possibilities:

1. She is indeed AA and her name is Corline S and we just have not found her data.

2. She is Coraline, but the same applies as 1.

3. The medaillon is not hers, either from a family member or just a random find in the same ditch with no connection to the UID.

4. She is not AA but indeed the "caucasian" Corline S. someone found here.

So i would say we have multiple possibilities:

1. She is indeed AA and her name is Corline S and we just have not found her data.

2. She is Coraline, but the same applies as 1.

3. The medaillon is not hers, either from a family member or just a random find in the same ditch with no connection to the UID.

4. She is not AA but indeed the "caucasian" Corline S. someone found here.
Or as per a previous poster's post, it appears that the medallion may have originated in Ohio. To be fair, there is nothing stating that this jane doe is missing from this state, only that she was found here.

I also find a number of Steven Love's in Ohio, I wonder if there are any in Indiana. Hell, maybe LE have exhausted all leads and this medallion leads nowhere.

Bumping in the hopes of more eyes on this interesting case.

Has anyone that has access to ancestry tried to find the mother's name Corline - this could have been a daughter that had the medallion. I don't have access but if you think it's other females that are listed missing, cross referencing their mother or grandmother's name or aunt might be ideal

Has anyone that has access to ancestry tried to find the mother's name Corline - this could have been a daughter that had the medallion. I don't have access but if you think it's other females that are listed missing, cross referencing their mother or grandmother's name or aunt might be ideal
I've looked - there aren't any that stand out to me.

I’m really worried that this Jane Doe could be from anywhere because of the close proximity of where she was found to McCormick’s Creek State Park. The park has about 640,000 visitors a year per their Wikipedia page - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCormick%27s_Creek_State_Park#:~:text=McCormick's%20Creek%20State%20Park%20is,receives%20about%20640%2C000%20visitors%20annually. The park opened in 1916 so I would assume they still got about the same/a fairly similar amount of visitors in 2003 as they do now. My stepdad’s family has a reunion out there every year in late summer. Its beautiful! I just worry that she had been visiting the park with someone who hurt her. If she was already estranged from family and the one person she trusted caused her death, that would make sense as to why she was (seemingly) never reported missing.

I’m wondering how heavily wooded this area where Jane Doe was found was in 2003. Today, there are homes and businesses in this spot. I would assume that these places weren’t there in 2003, otherwise her remains would’ve presumably been found faster? Though you never know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguel13b
Back