Is Lisa's case going to end up a cold case?

not so rare-- and that's just 10 pages of my search engine...

Well of course if you do an internet search you can find such cases. I would still imagine that out of all cases where a parent kills their child and is arrested, those taking over a year before an arrest are rare. That's just my opinion and it's not based upon any research.

Thanks for taking the time to look up all of those cases and post them. I don't think that I've ever had someone respond to a post of mine with six posts in a row.

actually i was responding to my post with my question... i responded ONCE to your post re rarity lol

actually i was responding to my post with my question... i responded ONCE to your post re rarity lol

Sorry. I thought that you were posting all of those cases to show that me it's not rare for a parent to be arrested over a year after their child's death.

I do think DB did it, no shadow of a doubt. I just can't get my head around how she would've disposed of the body? any ideas?

I think the investigation is at a standstill, but I don't think that means there couldn't be a new discovery or lead that pops up that leads to a resolution. We could wake up tomorrow and find out there was an arrest or another significant development. But I also realize that this case could still be unsolved 10 years from now.

However, I've noticed that most cases are resolved within the first few months. There aren't too many cases where there's an arrest 1+ year(s) later.

LE best opportunity to solve the crime is within two weeks. The parents need to be grilled and usually one will crack. As you can see, these parents were not going to be grilled. They have hired prominent Criminal Defense Attorneys and a Security Consultant to hide behind and make sure they are not bugged by anyone.The case will remain unsolved and they will remain free.

The chances of them being responsible for the crime are over 95%.

What are the requirements of a case becoming officially "cold?" Is it a statement issued by LE? If so, what are their guidelines? Does anyone here know?

It sure feels cold to me. :snowflake:

What are the requirements of a case becoming officially "cold?" Is it a statement issued by LE? If so, what are their guidelines? Does anyone here know?

It sure feels cold to me. :snowflake:

The definition I have heard for cold cases is: "When all leads have been exhausted". I think it's up to LE when they consider a case cold. I can't see LE in any case making an announcement saying a case is cold; It's not really something they want to admit. The most you'll ever get is, "There is no one assigned to X case".

I don't believe for a minute that KCPD's detectives are even close to giving up on this case, nor the FBI.
:cop:

I hope we don't have to wait till both criminal defense attorneys pass on for DB/JI to answer questions.

I do think DB did it, no shadow of a doubt. I just can't get my head around how she would've disposed of the body? any ideas?

Place her in a suitcase,backpack, duffle bag, rug, dog food bag/container, cooler, cardboard box, old furniture, inside a mattress. This is a very tiny person. She could be inside of almost anything, placed in a dumpster and never seen again.

It is possible that someone else disposed of poor Lisa. She would go to a landfill out of the area. DB may have walked to the dumpster at the apt to scatter her stuff. I still want to know where LE found the outfit Lisa was last wearing.

Who got rid of the phones? Dollars to donuts, there were texts on them.

The very first night J works a double shift, this happens. What are the chances? He never called home to check on the kids even though he saw the booze coming in the house prior to leaving. He doesn't even call when he is late. He was supposed to be home about 10:30pm but stayed till 3:30am (without calling DB?)

Come on now...even my teacher in grade school, Sister Teresa wouldn't buy that story.

I look to Phil, Jeremy or possibly the GF has aiders and abettors for DB.

I read Dr Phil and went, oh, what has HE done now :D

Place her in a suitcase,backpack, duffle bag, rug, dog food bag/container, cooler, cardboard box, old furniture, inside a mattress. This is a very tiny person. She could be inside of almost anything, placed in a dumpster and never seen again.

It is possible that someone else disposed of poor Lisa. She would go to a landfill out of the area. DB may have walked to the dumpster at the apt to scatter her stuff. I still want to know where LE found the outfit Lisa was last wearing.

Who got rid of the phones? Dollars to donuts, there were texts on them.

Cell phone texts can be retrieved and read with many providers.

Cell phone texts can be retrieved and read with many providers.

It's not a guarantee though. I have a feeling it might have more to do with the contact list. . .just a hunch.

The very first night J works a double shift, this happens. What are the chances? He never called home to check on the kids even though he saw the booze coming in the house prior to leaving. He doesn't even call when he is late. He was supposed to be home about 10:30pm but stayed till 3:30am (without calling DB?)

Come on now...even my teacher in grade school, Sister Teresa wouldn't buy that story.

However, if he DIDN'T call, she may have been very angry... & took it out on a cranky, fussy baby...

I think the phones were disposed of due to the pictures that were on them.

I don't think this case can move forward without Lisa's body. However, it's been eight months and if she is ever recovered, there won't be much evidence left. I think that if there's ever a conviction in this case, the prosecution will need to show evidence (not on Lisa) pointing towards someone, and Lisa's body will just be the confirmation that she is deceased. I am not hopeful at all that Lisa will ever have justice. :(

It kind of reminds me of the Ricky Holland case. There was a lot of suspicion but no proof for ages. Then, one day the parents turned on one another, and his body was finally recovered. I have some hope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherriS
Back