Found Deceased Mexico - Jake & Callum Robinson,Jack Carter Rhoad 30’s, Australian, & Friend, surfing trip in the Baja California, 28 April 2024

StillDiggin

Reaction score

Family and friends raised concerns about the welfare of Perth brothers Jake and Callum Robinson after they failed to turn up to their booked accommodation and stopped posting on social media.​

The mother of two Australian brothers missing in northern Mexico is pleading for information after her sons failed to make contact with their family for several days.
Jake and Callum Robinson — both aged in their 30s — were believed to have been surfing in the Baja California region near Ensenada when they disappeared, according to a social media post from their mother, Debra.
It's understood they were due to travel to the coastal city of Rosarito earlier this week but didn't turn up to their accommodation.
The brothers were believed to be travelling with an American friend, Jack Carter Rhoad, who is also missing.

1714632188091.jpeg

Callum is a career lacrosse player, currently living in San Diego.
Jake is a doctor, based in Western Australia.

It doesn't sound good. imo

The police have taken a woman into custody, when they found she was in possession of methamphetamine and one of the men's phone.

Local police are searching, utilising drones and GPS tracking.

Callum and Jake's parents are flying to Mexico.

(paraphrased, as this article may be paywalled for some)
Lacrosse Australia expresses concerns over missing Perth brothers Callum and Jake Robinson in Mexico

My heart breaks for their families. Baja 30 years ago was a great little spot - now, you are restricted from even driving Highway 5 after dark and the whole area is under a State Department Level 3 Travel Warning (reconsider travel) due to crimes and kidnappings. Transnational criminal organizations are competing in the border area to establish narco-trafficking and human smuggling routes and violent crime and gang activity are common according to the State Department travel warning. Traveling to Mexico? See these travel advisories before booking your spring break trip.

1714672636872.jpeg
“Callum lives over in America and Jake was visiting and [they] sort of posted fairly regularly about their trip up until the weekend,” a friend of the Robinsons told ABC Radio Perth. “They haven’t actually checked into where they were meant to be on Saturday, and no one’s been able to get in contact with them since. We believe Callum was due back at work last week and hasn’t shown up … so obviously friends and family are quite concerned. I think everyone’s just sort of hoping that we can spread the word for anyone that has any contacts in America or around that area that might be able to put the word out.”

I’m curious about where they were surfing and/or driving - a more remote area where there wouldn’t be witnesses to a potential crime?
Just found this general overview of Punta San Jose on a surf report website. Noted this:
The remote area is bare-bones, dusty, desolate and beautiful.

ETA - route from Rosarito (where they were staying) to Punta San Jose (last reported location).
Jake and Callum Robinson, both aged in their 30s, failed to arrive at their holiday accommodation in the north-western city of Rosarito, south of Tijuana, after reportedly spending time at Punta San Jose, a popular surfing spot.
1714676330372.png

Eek- just saw on the poster that Callum is a type 1 diabetic. Even more worrying for the outcome.

Last edited:
My heart breaks for their families. Baja 30 years ago was a great little spot - now, you are restricted from even driving Highway 5 after dark and the whole area is under a State Department Level 3 Travel Warning (reconsider travel) due to crimes and kidnappings. Transnational criminal organizations are competing in the border area to establish narco-trafficking and human smuggling routes and violent crime and gang activity are common according to the State Department travel warning. Traveling to Mexico? See these travel advisories before booking your spring break trip.
I travel to Baja (and other places in Mexico) frequently and never have felt unsafe. I take normal precautions just as I would when I’m in the stars or other countries. I hope these guys are found safe!

I think people are in denial with the thought “that won’t happen to us.The nature they enjoyed is so innocent until evil sadly interferes. JMO

Awful.
The article says they were camping, and the vehicle has California plates. These guys were sitting ducks I fear.

The woman arrested who was found an hour away had one of their phones and was carrying drugs. Not good at all.
I assume the vehicle has not been found.

These guys just wanted to surf a few days. :confused:
I wish the two who lived in CA, at least the brother who lived and worked in San Diego had been more aware of the danger in those parts.

Feel terrible for the parents.

Family and friends raised concerns about the welfare of Perth brothers Jake and Callum Robinson after they failed to turn up to their booked accommodation and stopped posting on social media.​

The mother of two Australian brothers missing in northern Mexico is pleading for information after her sons failed to make contact with their family for several days.
Jake and Callum Robinson — both aged in their 30s — were believed to have been surfing in the Baja California region near Ensenada when they disappeared, according to a social media post from their mother, Debra.
It's understood they were due to travel to the coastal city of Rosarito earlier this week but didn't turn up to their accommodation.
The brothers were believed to be travelling with an American friend, Jack Carter Rhoad, who is also missing.

View attachment 500852
Do we know if they checked out of their place in Ensenada?

There have been three arrests in this matter now. As well as the woman, two males were also arrested.

The FBI are involved in the investigation (perhaps due to the fact that US citizen Jack Carter Rhoad is missing with Callum and Jake).

A former FBI agent says that it is good that the FBI are involved as they will be able to leverage technical and sophisticated investigation techniques to try to solve the case. But that same former FBI agent, Phil Andrew, says the developments are alarming.

There is a photo in this article (taken from FB) which shows their vehicle and says it was last seen in San Miguel on Saturday. I think (if I have the right San Miguel) that would be a 30 hour drive from where the missing men were supposed to be in the Rosarita/Ensenada region.

(paywalled for some)

There have been three arrests in this matter now. As well as the woman, two males were also arrested.

The FBI are involved in the investigation (perhaps due to the fact that US citizen Jack Carter Rhoad is missing with Callum and Jake).

A former FBI agent says that it is good that the FBI are involved as they will be able to leverage technical and sophisticated investigation techniques to try to solve the case. But that same former FBI agent, Phil Andrew, says the developments are alarming.

There is a photo in this article (taken from FB) which shows their vehicle and says it was last seen in San Miguel on Saturday. I think (if I have the right San Miguel) that would be a 30 hour drive from where the missing men were supposed to be in the Rosarita/Ensenada region.

(paywalled for some)
Yes, San Miguel is in the middle of central Mexico. Not close.

The police have found their vehicle.
Seems to be a regular MO. The vehicles of all 5 Aussies who have disappeared/been murdered in Mexico in recent years have been found burned ... no doubt for obvious evidentiary reasons.

Police said their burnt-out car had been found on a ranch south of the city of Ensenada, and two men had been arrested.

It followed the arrest of a 23-year-old woman in the nearby town of Maneadero a day earlier.
Police said the men they arrested were brothers, and one was in a romantic relationship with the detained woman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back