Found Deceased Mexico - Jake & Callum Robinson,Jack Carter Rhoad 30’s, Australian, & Friend, surfing trip in the Baja California, 28 April 2024

I am hoping, against what seem to be high odds, that they are found safe. I wonder if these two brothers are their parents’ only children? Regardless, I am thinking of the parents too.

Any death is sad but I find it especially difficult to grapple with the misfortune of being murdered shortly after moving to a new area, being murdered on holiday, etc.

Like, it is only by bad luck that you are on the other side of the world in the exact place where there are those at that exact time who are deranged enough to take your life.

Translation:
During a police operation on the night of Wednesday, May 1, elements of the State Attorney General's Office (FGE) arrested three individuals involved in the disappearance of three surfers of American and Australian nationality.
Detained are: Jesús Gerardo Garica Cota, alias El Kekas, his partner Ari Gisel García Cota, and who was found with the cell phone of one of the disappeared; as well as Cristian Alejandro García, brother of Kekas. All three were in possession of different drugs at the time of their arrest.
It was on Saturday, April 27, when relatives of the foreigners stopped having contact with Jake Robinson, 30 years old, Callum Robinson (brothers), 33 years old, and Carter Rhoad, 30, who were last seen on Sunday the 28th in the area of La Bocana, and they also stopped having contact with the person who rented them an AIRBNB house in Rosarito.

These were wanted in the coastal area of Ensenada, in the vicinity of La Bocana de Santo Tomás, in the area known as San Juan de las Pulgas and Punta San José, 150 kilometers south of the city of Ensenada, bordering the coast, with support from elements of the FGE. Relatives of the missing were in the same area as part of the search team, with drones and GPS

During the tour in La Bocana, Puerto Santo Tomás, the officers found the foreigners' camping house, where there was blood and dental parts.

REALLY SAD. WOULD BE A MIRACLE TO FIND THEM ALIVE.
MEXICO IS UNBELIEVABLY DANGEROUS- DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU GO.
I HAVE BEEN MANY TIMES BUT IT IS TRULY SCARY TO GO THERE NOW.
All IMHO

The vehicle set on fire...the usual MO.
This is so monumentally sad. These were good guys....one of them a doctor who treats people and saves lives.
These vicious criminals are giving beautiful Mexico a bad name. I hate this.
I hate it too. I visited Mexico for the first time last year, and I strangely felt safer than anywhere I have ever been to before. And I was a female travelling solo.

I mean, tourists have been murdered in Australia too, but we don't all get tarred with the same brush.

Anyways, I'm really hoping they're alive and their release is being negotiated. The American media has been very quiet, which is unusual considering they take every chance they can get to publicise how dangerous Mexico is.

I am hoping, against what seem to be high odds, that they are found safe. I wonder if these two brothers are their parents’ only children? Regardless, I am thinking of the parents too.

Any death is sad but I find it especially difficult to grapple with the misfortune of being murdered shortly after moving to a new area, being murdered on holiday, etc.

Like, it is only by bad luck that you are on the other side of the world in the exact place where there are those at that exact time who are deranged enough to take your life.

Very sad. Hoping they find all 3 missing men.

Very sad. Hoping they find all 3 missing men.

There is a bit more of the letter in this article. :(

This is so sad. It’s breaking my heart.

Three guys go on vacation, surf, camp, hot tub and having a great time then nothing.

Vehicle found burnt out, some woman has one of their phones, blood and teeth found in the abandoned tents. For what? Just to steal their stuff?

Just isn’t right. They weren’t hurting anyone. Just having a good time.

I think we all know that the only outcome here is finding their bodies.

So very sorry for their families.

MOO

I've looked at this case admittedly briefly since I found out about these men's disappearance. Didn't know about the blood and teeth found at the campsite; that's awful. I'm sadly suspecting the worst. I hope they are found soon. So unfortunate, on a holiday as well.... Tragic really for everyone involved.

I travel to Baja (and other places in Mexico) frequently and never have felt unsafe. I take normal precautions just as I would when I’m in the stars or other countries. I hope these guys are found safe!
Though its been 20 years, I used to travel to the Ensenada area and the surrounding areas frequently as well.

As you implied, the area is (or was?) over all very safe with common sense precautions and made for an excellent day trip from San Diego.

Even in Tijuana, I never felt threatened. Granted- I stayed away from the drug scene and the infamous Zona Rosa's low scale and up scale brothels- all with a strong USMC and USN uhhmmm..... "customer" base.

Yes, San Miguel is in the middle of central Mexico. Not close.
I show a very small San Miguel as a "burb" of Mexicali.
There are going to be alot of "San Miguels" in Mexico. The one in central Mexico could be the famous San Miguel de Allende which has been a destination for starving artists (and a few not so hungry ones) from the US for decades.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost
Back