Jason Young to get new trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why JY would wear a smaller pair of shoes to walk in blood to throw anyone off. So, he changes the first shoes because they have blood on them, and then gets another pair to do exactly the same thing?

And, did he just happen to bring those extra shoes along with him in his murder bag?

I think this is another one of those things we'll never have a definite answer for - unless Jason Young confesses and tells all, or the real killer is found if it's not Jason.

That just makes no sense to me at all.

Let's just assume for a sec that Jason is the killer - naturally if he wants to make it look like a robbery, he's not going to hold on to the jewelry or put it in storage that's going to be searched. Of course it wasn't found among Jason's things - but neither were some of his clothes and shoes that he was wearing during the murder trip.

What was the value if the jewelry that was taken (and what robber takes two whole drawers, along with its contents?).

Robbers don't usually come in occupied homes to steal a bit a jewelry and commit a murder like that and leave without taking other valuables like electronics, cash and credit cards, silver, etc. no forced entry as far as I know, either. No blood or foreign DNA in the crime scene.

To me this just does not at all look or feel like a robbery.

There was a lot of talk about Michelle's ring having a value of $15k. Police checked pawn shops, but were unable to locate it. Home invasions occur when robbery is the motive. One of the persons convicted in the Petit murders preferred to break into people's home when they were at home and had done so many times prior to the Petit murders.

If someone was watching the house and knew that Jason was gone, waited until Michelle's guest left, and then entered the house to commit robbery, then Michelle could have been murdered to avoid capture. After committing murder, I suspect that the murderer would flee the area as fast as possible.

Taft's murderer did not know her, so how was it retaliation and for what?
Michelle's killer was also angry also, we do not know the murder weapon.
Both murders happened at night , when the victims were either in bed or getting ready for bed. I see way more similarities than differences. The plan to sexually assault Michelle may have been halted, if the killer saw CY, or became scared.

These murders are more similar than different. Kathy Taft's sister was right there in the house. She wasn't harmed and didn't know it was happening. And the killer is mentally ill with a history of serious domestic violence. I think that is the case with Michelle's killer.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=10601667

But don't you understand it's not ONLY because Jason Young was the victims husband. There is tons of other circumstantial evidence - and taken together it's quite strong.

I have no particular bias for or against Jason Young - I just think the evidence Points to him. That is not an emotional reaction at all. I agree that there are other unrelated perpetrators who can commit very brutal homicides under a variety of different circumstances, but in this case I haven't seen evidence that points in any direction like that.

I do still have an open mind though - I want to see a fair trial, done right and get a fair verdict. If we have a fair trial and the jury acquits him, I'll accept that.

Thank you for keeping an open mind. There are many people that admittedly do not have an open mind about this.

I actually have an open mind too, except when people proclaim with absolute certainty that he is the killer.

There are five reasons that I do not believe he is the killer.

1. He doesn't demonstrate a level of desperation to be out of the relationship that would require him to kill.
2. The evidence that suggests he is the killer is extremely weak and full of "could have's". And most of that evidence seems to be ways to justify that he could have done it in the face of evidence that he didn't.
3. The gas mileage. It doesn't add up. (This, to me, is the number one piece of exculpatory evidence)
4. There was too much "normal" interaction between Jason and the people in his life (wife, mother, girlfriend, etc) the two days surrounding the killing.
5. There are too many places where, had he done it, the whole thing could have gone wrong. Someone once said he was the luckiest guy. If he did do it, I agree that he is the luckiest guy in the world because there are so many opportunities for the whole thing to go awry, yet he is never caught once by anything that would be undisputed such as a camera. That is just too many coincidences that, combined with the exculpatory evidence, justify a conclusion of innocence.

I think this is another one of those things we'll never have a definite answer for - unless Jason Young confesses and tells all, or the real killer is found if it's not Jason.

I think that part of the problem is that the real killer may never be found, so people would rather convict Jason, who admittedly was a bad husband, in lieu of having an ongoing open case where no justice is served for Michelle's murder.

It is a difficult pill for people to swallow that Michelle's killer may never be brought to justice because we do not know who he/she/they are.

a. CY was a child.
b. CY was likely asleep, it's possible the murderer didn't even know she was there.

In a cul- de- sac in a low- to- no crime suburban neighborhood. Why would someone randomly pick that house? Nothing was stolen. Why was she so brutally beaten to death? IMO, this was personal. I believe the perp knew she was there. And I am convinced it was her husband.

I have thought of this as well. If we go back to SS's testimony of feeling watched and being scared, to the fact JY's car was not parked at home that nght, to the possibility of Michelle being overpowered if she took the trash out, to the garage door opener being broken, to a possible attempted sexual attack that Michelle fought off and infuriated the person.

Michelle and Jason may have argued, but that was the extent of it. Friends and family members all testified to that..

Whoever killed Michelle was so mad at her in that moment,and, not someone who would drive 340 miles and still have that kind of rage..

I completely disagree. It is not a fact that his car wasn't parked there that night. This argument cuts both ways.

I find it interesting that we are facing the argument that only a spouse can have the anger to kill his wife with such brutality when we just had an example in the news of a crazy person out to kill as many women as possible because he hated women and was rejected by them.

There are clearly and demonstrably other motivations for brutality beyond familiarity with the victim. The argument that it must be JY due to the brutality simply does not hold water. It is an emotional reaction, not a reaction based on evidence.

This is a message board. It's not a courtroom. We are able to react emotionally.

These murders are more similar than different. Kathy Taft's sister was right there in the house. She wasn't harmed and didn't know it was happening. And the killer is mentally ill with a history of serious domestic violence. I think that is the case with Michelle's killer.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=10601667

Respectfully, I don't think a rape/murder can be compared to Michelle Young's murder. Rape is a motive in and of itself, and it often is unfortunately accompanied by the victims murder.

This is a message board. It's not a courtroom. We are able to react emotionally.

True, but a man's life is on the line, as is the healthy upbringing of a young girl. The "court of public opinion" often drives police and district attorneys in a particular direction. There is some value to justice to put aside emotion and focus on reason and evidence, even if no one is required to do so.

Respectfully, I don't think a rape/murder can be compared to Michelle Young's murder. Rape is a motive in and of itself, and it often is unfortunately accompanied by the victims murder.

Sometimes a killer's intent is rape and the rape never occurs because the victim fights back and is killed prior to the rape taking place.

I'm not saying that necessarily happened here, but that is a possibility.

There was a lot of talk about Michelle's ring having a value of $15k. Police checked pawn shops, but were unable to locate it. Home invasions occur when robbery is the motive. One of the persons convicted in the Petit murders preferred to break into people's home when they were at home and had done so many times prior to the Petit murders.

If someone was watching the house and knew that Jason was gone, waited until Michelle's guest left, and then entered the house to commit robbery, then Michelle could have been murdered to avoid capture. After committing murder, I suspect that the murderer would flee the area as fast as possible.

Maybe he swallowed it? Hadn't he done that before?

I completely disagree. It is not a fact that his car wasn't parked there that night. This argument cuts both ways.

It is a fact that his car wasn't parked there from the time that Shelly was there and until at least 3AM as we have video of him at the HI 170 miles away. If someone was casing the house, they may have noticed that his vehicle wasn't there.

I think that part of the problem is that the real killer may never be found, so people would rather convict Jason, who admittedly was a bad husband, in lieu of having an ongoing open case where no justice is served for Michelle's murder.

It is a difficult pill for people to swallow that Michelle's killer may never be brought to justice because we do not know who he/she/they are.

It's difficult to fathom a non-Jason killer when there is no evidence pointing to anyone besides Jason.

I totally agree with the notion that innocent people are sometimes convicted because the public and the state are so zealous to exact "justice" that they settle on a perpetrator who is unlikable and can be convicted because of bias and prejudice, when evidence is weak. I would rather risk a guilty person being acquitted, than have an innocent person wrongfully convicted and jailed. But I'm just not seeing all the reasonable doubt that many of you see.

Like I said, however, my mind is open and I'm looking forward to a fair trial with a fair presentation of admissible evidence. If the state doesn't have enough to convict Jason Young without the tricks and slight of hand, then he should be acquitted (whether he's factually innocent or not). From what I have seen in the last two trials, I think they do have enough - but maybe the defense will come up with something more convincing this time around.

I think the gas mileage and timeline can be explained to either exonerate him or prove his guilt (circumstantially, together with the other pieces)

Sometimes a killer's intent is rape and the rape never occurs because the victim fights back and is killed prior to the rape taking place.

I'm not saying that necessarily happened here, but that is a possibility.

Well, that's possible - but there's no evidence to suggest this was motivated by rape.

But can you give a reasonable explanation why a stranger/intruder would take two drawers from a jewelry box and a wedding ring yet none of those items have ever been recovered or pawned or seen by anyone again?

Regarding the Ebay papers for Coach purses, JY didn't just go to EBay and print some things. He researched various websites for purses for about 10 minutes. He visited other purse sites such as Vera Bradley and Coach. That supports the story that he was looking for a gift for MY as he didn't have to do those additional searches to get MF to the house. He only needed to print something purse related.

For those of you who will say that he did it to "make it look good", then he is aware of his digital activity and surely wouldn't phone his mistress first thing the next morning.

@ approximately 14:50 http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10800874/

Well, that's possible - but there's no evidence to suggest this was motivated by rape.

That is true.

But can you give a reasonable explanation why a stranger/intruder would take two drawers from a jewelry box and a wedding ring yet none of those items have ever been recovered or pawned or seen by anyone again?

The killer wasn't planning to kill anyone, and they didn't want to get caught by putting the stolen items into the pawn market. The killer kept them. The killer gave them to someone. There are lots of reasonable explanations. Of course there is no evidence to support any of them either, which leads me to believe they are inconclusive.

I think the gas mileage and timeline can be explained to either exonerate him or prove his guilt (circumstantially, together with the other pieces)

Can you explain how the gas mileage proves his guilt?

The reason I am focusing in on the gas mileage is that it is difficult to fake science and math. And based on the math, the data is exculpatory. Even the supposed gas stop doesn't add up with the math.

Thank you for keeping an open mind. There are many people that admittedly do not have an open mind about this.

I actually have an open mind too, except when people proclaim with absolute certainty that he is the killer.

There are five reasons that I do not believe he is the killer.

1. He doesn't demonstrate a level of desperation to be out of the relationship that would require him to kill.Really? How much do you need? He was with his girlfriend on his anniversary. He was whining and manipulating his SIL and on the verge of his MIL moving in! Also verbally complaining to friends about his sex life. He even complained to acquaintances.
2. The evidence that suggests he is the killer is extremely weak and full of "could have's". And most of that evidence seems to be ways to justify that he could have done it in the face of evidence that he didn't. Totally disagree.
3. The gas mileage. It doesn't add up. (This, to me, is the number one piece of exculpatory evidence) It did in my book.
4. There was too much "normal" interaction between Jason and the people in his life (wife, mother, girlfriend, etc) the two days surrounding the killing. Are you kidding me? All those phone calls to his mother were normal? But he wouldn't take his MIL's call.
5. There are too many places where, had he done it, the whole thing could have gone wrong. Someone once said he was the luckiest guy. If he did do it, I agree that he is the luckiest guy in the world because there are so many opportunities for the whole thing to go awry, yet he is never caught once by anything that would be undisputed such as a camera. That is just too many coincidences that, combined with the exculpatory evidence, justify a conclusion of innocence.
IMO there are too may coincidences that point directly to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legomatica_Locate