Joe Ford

When anyone passes, there is always a question about legacy - what will be remembered about him. My first impression when I think of Joe is fishing with Joe, Nonda and Ed on the rocks off of Montara. I am grateful for the friendship that all of the family offered me at a time when friends were hard to find in my life. That's what I think of when I think of Joe.

Unfortunately, there was a time when Joe's legacy would not have been so kind. Joe was never a bad guy, but there was a time when he was a good guy who had fallen victim to his bad life decisions. Having spent some time talking with him these last few years, Joe admitted his mistakes and made efforts to make amends to those offended. After years of bad feelings, Joe's admissions have allowed some level of healing and forgiveness. This required great strength by both the offender and the offended.

I believe that the renewed search for Anna here on WS has played a major role in rehabilitating Joe's legacy. It allowed Joe to reconnect with the most noble part of his life - his tireless effort to find his step-daughter. I think it reminded Joe of what he had been and could be again - someone worthy of respect.

In the search for Anna, Joe found the man that he had always been, but had forgotten. That is the man I now mourn. Rest in peace, Joe, knowing that the man that we all will remember is Joe Ford - the hero who never gave up. You have earned that legacy.

Whatever shortcomings Joe had in his life, we all have them imo. We all fall short in some way. Joe is and will always be a hero in my eyes. Few men would have treated a child they were not biologically tied to to as their own. Few men would have had the courage to continue to participate in the search for Anna long after his ties to the family ended... after all, he had no 'blood' ties to Anna or her family. Blended families are never easy and with the disappearance of Anna and no answers, I am sure that took a heavy toll on everyone, Joe included. Regardless of what came after Annas disappearance, Joe was always and will always be the only daddy Anna ever knew while they were part of each others lives.

If by chance Anna is no longer with us and in heaven, I can envision Joe getting to the pearly gates having a conversation with God along the lines of "God, can we put that aside for a moment. Is Anna here? If so where is she"? Followed by Anna and Joe running to each other with open arms, Anna jumping up into Joes arms and him never letting her go until the time she can be greeted by the rest of her family who await those answers.

I find some peace in that, knowing if Anna left this world she did so before the fall out of what occured after her tragic disappearance and knowing she is not only in the loving arms of our Lord, but in the loving arms of Joe Ford, who was truly her daddy.

God Bless you Joe and thank you for all you did for Anna and your efforts to reconcile or make amends later in your life. Your efforts will continue to live on and be an example to all of us. You will always be in my heart.

When anyone passes, there is always a question about legacy - what will be remembered about him. My first impression when I think of Joe is fishing with Joe, Nonda and Ed on the rocks off of Montara. I am grateful for the friendship that all of the family offered me at a time when friends were hard to find in my life. That's what I think of when I think of Joe.

Unfortunately, there was a time when Joe's legacy would not have been so kind. Joe was never a bad guy, but there was a time when he was a good guy who had fallen victim to his bad life decisions. Having spent some time talking with him these last few years, Joe admitted his mistakes and made efforts to make amends to those offended. After years of bad feelings, Joe's admissions have allowed some level of healing and forgiveness. This required great strength by both the offender and the offended.

I believe that the renewed search for Anna here on WS has played a major role in rehabilitating Joe's legacy. It allowed Joe to reconnect with the most noble part of his life - his tireless effort to find his step-daughter. I think it reminded Joe of what he had been and could be again - someone worthy of respect.

In the search for Anna, Joe found the man that he had always been, but had forgotten. That is the man I now mourn. Rest in peace, Joe, knowing that the man that we all will remember is Joe Ford - the hero who never gave up. You have earned that legacy.

Thank you so much, Doogie, for these understanding and generous words.

i have followed anna's threads for a long time although i have never posted since i didn't really have anything to add. the story of the search for anna always touches me so much, i think because we are so close in age. i have read the threads and cried and prayed and cried. God bless you annasmom. you have shown such strength and loving kindness to everyone here. i pray that Joe Ford will rest in peace and in the grace of God.

RIP Joe Ford.

My thoughts are with Joe and everyone whose life he touched.

Thinking of Joe today on the first anniversary of his passing.
Knowing he is up in heaven still watching over our search for Anna.
Hoping he will guide us towards the answers he now has
that we are still seeking.

Happy 1st birthday in Heaven, Joe. We miss you.
You're not forgotten, nor are your efforts to find Anna forgotten.

:rose:

happy first birthday in heaven. i know you are watching down over all of us as we continue the search for anna. if you could please send down some answers for us. you loved anna so much that you went to the ends of the earth to try and find her.

also say hi to all my family up there and all the rest of poster on ws who have family there

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristirobots
Back