• Missing Since 06/09/2007
  • Missing From Robert Lee, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 03/29/1971 (52)
  • Age 36 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8 - 5'11, 165 - 185 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly blue jeans, work boots and a gold rope chain necklace.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Shadden has a tattoo on his right shoulder and a scar on his right knee. He wears braces on his upper teeth.

Details of Disappearance​

Shadden was last seen June 9, 2007 near his vacation trailer home by the E.V. Spence Reservoir. He has never been heard from again. He was reported missing June 12 after he did not return to his family in Midland, Texas, and missed work.

Shadden left behind a wife and four children ranging from seven months to sixteen years old. He was employed as an instrumentation and electric technician for Teppco Crude Pipeline at the time of his disappearance.

Authorities searched the reservoir, but did not locate any evidence in Shadden's disappearance. Few details are available in his case.

1706322400898.png

DEVELOPING STORY >> Wife says missing husband tried to cheer himself before disappearing​

By
July 10, 2007
By Bob Campbell

Staff Writer
Looking to lift his spirits by playing golf with co-workers at Big Spring Country Club, Jon Shadden's wife said Wednesday he had probably been drinking alcohol before his mid-June disappearance at E.V. Spence Reservoir west of Robert Lee.
The 36-year-old instrumentation technician in Teppco Crude Oil's liquified natural gas division had been depressed about his father George's recent death but seemed in good spirits the last time she saw him, the woman reported.

"We had a good conversation before he left on Thursday, June 8," Midland Memorial Hospital respiratory therapist Stephanie Shadden said. "My dad, Keith Maddux, had shattered his pelvis in Ruidoso and Jon wanted to know how he was.
"He came by to get his stuff and said his work was real hectic. He was a good golfer and enjoyed it very much."
Shadden said three of her husband's Teppco colleagues, Mike St. John, Charlie Evans and Steve Compton, have been to the lake looking for him. "His boss, Mr. St. John, his friend Mark Hannsz and the other guys from work are keeping in contact and they're having a hard time with it," she said.
"He was a good employee and I know it's a big loss for them. He was my best friend. We depended on each other because he worked days and I worked nights."

When asked if he was likely to have been drinking, she said, "Sure, that would have triggered it," she said of the suspected suicide.
She said her husband did not take any alcoholic beverages with him that she knew of, but he could have obtained some after leaving.
Shadden said Texas Ranger Shawn Palmer of San Angelo called her Tuesday to report that he had no new information from the Coke County Sheriff's Office, where Sheriff Rick Styles and Deputy Randall Jacks are looking into the possibility that the man did not drown and is missing for a different reason.
"I learned my lesson not to call the sheriff's office because I don't want to sit there and cry," she said. "They're so rude. It floors me that they would tell (a reporter) there are clues when they haven't said anything to me about it."

Benefactors have opened an account for the couple and their four children at Wells Fargo Bank - the Shadden Family Donation Fund. The kids are Chelsea, 16, Lane, 11, Kayde, 3, and 7-month-old Ean.
The younger children still think their father is away working, their mother said.
A Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search & Rescue Team official in Dickenson has promised a diligent effort when it sends an expert team in about two weeks.
"We have side-scan SONAR that can fairly easily detect an image and we'll send divers if necessary," said office administrator Cheryl Lawless.

"We won't stop until we find him. When we can come to the family and put their baby back in their arms, whether dead or alive, that's our satisfaction."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back