OK - Five (5) Found Dead at Suburban Home - Yukon, Oklahoma City - 22 April 2024

APR 23, 2024
[...]

According to the news release, investigators believe the deceased suspect, 42-year-old Jonathon Candy, shot and killed the four victims before turning the gun on himself.

The Oklahoma City Police Department identified the four victims as 39-year-old Lindsay Candy, 18-year-old Dylan Candy, 14-year-old Ethan Candy and 12-year-old Lucas Candy.

A fourth child in the home was unharmed and was released to family members at the scene, according to police.

[...]

Jonathan Candy shot and killed his wife, Lindsay Candy and his three children in suspected murder-suicide. 3 children; 18-year-old Dylan Candy, 14-year-old Ethan Candy, and 12-year-old Lucas Candy. A fourth child was found in the home unharmed, according to authorities.
https://channel3now.com/2024/04/23/jonathan-candy-shot-and-killed-his-wife-lindsay-candy-and-his-three-children-in-suspected-murder-suicide-near-southwest-29th-street-and-south-czech-hall-road-oklahoma-city/
Here is a link to another article.

Jonathan Candy shot and killed his wife, Lindsay Candy and his three children in suspected murder-suicide. 3 children; 18-year-old Dylan Candy, 14-year-old Ethan Candy, and 12-year-old Lucas Candy. A fourth child was found in the home unharmed, according to authorities.
https://channel3now.com/2024/04/23/jonathan-candy-shot-and-killed-his-wife-lindsay-candy-and-his-three-children-in-suspected-murder-suicide-near-southwest-29th-street-and-south-czech-hall-road-oklahoma-city/
Absolutely tragic! Have they said how old is the remaining child? What a burden for them to carry, losing 5 family members,too!

Absolutely tragic! Have they said how old is the remaining child? What a burden for them to carry, losing 5 family members,too!
The remaining child is 10 per the article I posted. I'm curious where that child was when the murders happened. It sounds like he was in the home, but that seems strange.

"Around 9:35 Monday morning, police responded to a call regarding five people dead inside the home at 2804 Mirage St. Police reported in a request for a search warrant a 10-year-old boy found the bodies, a law enforcement official told The Oklahoman. Police found all five people shot to death, and a gun was found on top of a man, the request stated.:
[...]
"A fourth child in the residence was unharmed, police said, and was released to family members at the scene."

I’ve been looking at the social media regarding this family. They seemed so ridiculously happy. People who know them are stunned saying that they were the best family. We have heard that before. But my gosh.

Were they going to get a divorce?

Did he face a sudden, catastrophic loss of income?

Something triggered this guy. I just wish he had killed himself first.

I am so so sorry for the remaining child and relatives for their losses and the circumstances.

If anger/violence was *really and truly* out of character, hopefully they check for things like a brain tumor/brain disease, drugs, rare reaction to a medication, or anything that could have led to this. No one knows what's going on in someone's mind, though. I question when he bought the gun and for what reason?

I am so so sorry for the remaining child and relatives for their losses and the circumstances.

If anger/violence was *really and truly* out of character, hopefully they check for things like a brain tumor/brain disease, drugs, rare reaction to a medication, or anything that could have led to this. No one knows what's going on in someone's mind, though. I question when he bought the gun and for what reason?
Could be that the gun was not a recent purchase. I like to have one on hand anytime I might encounter a rattlesnake or some other potentially harmful outdoor critter. just a thought

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kebrando
Back