OK - Five (5) Found Dead at Suburban Home - Yukon, Oklahoma City - 22 April 2024

Knight said it is not known why the fourth child was spared or a motive for the shootings. He said police had no previous contact with the family, had not previously been called to their home and that there was no history of domestic violence in the family.

Knight said the 10-year-old was placed in the custody of relatives and was physically unharmed.

Knight said the boy told investigators that he slept through the sound of the gunfire, and that there is no reason to doubt him.

“He called 911 and said he had just woke up and found the bodies,” Knight said. “The door (to his room) was closed and there was a box fan running” that would also muffle the sound.

“There is no indication he didn’t sleep through it,” Knight said.
Police say 10-year-old boy awoke to find his parents and 3 brothers shot to death

LE would no doubt know if the evidence wasn't adding up to the tragic events they've presented. MOO unless or until LE tell me different I am going to pray for this victim. I can't imagine losing your entire family in one fell swoop at age 10 :(

How terribly sad. A gunpowder residue test would easily show whether anyone other than the father had fired, and I’m confident that one was conducted here. Given the statements made by the police following, MOO: I don’t believe the 10yo had anything to do with it.

This video/article has interview with neighbors. One neighbor indicated JC had depression. He worked part time for and was at a game Sunday night.

""We assumed that everything was fine other than his depression," Burcham said. "If somebody needed something, and he had a shop in the back. I needed something to load one day. Called him and he said, 'Yeah, I'll do it for you.' That's the kind of person he was," Burcham said."

"Jonathon worked as a part-time employee for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Friends and neighbors say he was at the playoff game Sunday night, just hours before the shooting."

Press Conference from 4-23 morning. https://kfor.com/news/5-dead-one-survivor-police-reveal-details-of-massacre/
"“Investigators determined that sometime overnight, the husband and father in the home, Jonathon Candy, became involved in an altercation with his wife, Lindsay. At some point, he armed himself with a gun. He shot her multiple times, killing her. At that point, he systematically went to the home shooting and killing their children… There were two bodies downstairs, the wife and one of the children. And two were upstairs, both of those children,” said Knight. "

My God, tragic doesn't even begin to describe what happened here. The 10-year-old was the one who found the bodies. :(

APR 23, 2024
[...]

OCPD officials said there was no history of police responding to the home and there were no calls regarding domestic abuse.

[...]

At 9:35 a.m. on April 22, Oklahoma City police received a call from a 10-year-old saying that everyone inside a home in the 2800 block of Mirage Street was dead.

[...]

... The 10-year-old child who called 911 was unharmed and placed with family.

MSgt. Gary Knight with the Oklahoma City Police Department said Jonathon Candy was involved in an altercation with his wife sometime during the overnight hours and shot her multiple times, killing her. The 42-year-old man then went through the home, shooting and killing their children systematically.

[...]

The victims' bodies were found in multiple areas of the house, with police finding two bodies upstairs and two others downstairs. One of the children was shot in bed.

[...]

APR 23, 2024
Knight said the boy told investigators that he slept through the sound of the gunfire, and that there is no reason to doubt him.

“He called 911 and said he had just woke up and found the bodies,” Knight said. “The door (to his room) was closed and there was a box fan running” that would also muffle the sound.

“There is no indication he didn’t sleep through it,” Knight said.

Burcham, who lives just across the street, said he was friends with Jonathon.

"We assumed that everything was fine other than his depression," Burcham said. ...

Jonathon worked as a part-time employee for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Friends and neighbors say he was at the playoff game Sunday night, just hours before the shooting.

Last edited:
Wondering if Jonathan had reason to assume Survivor wasn't there, like maybe he should've been at soccer practice or something, and the Survivor was far enough away in the house he heard shots and hid.

But then you would also wonder...why he wouldn't choose to strike when everyone would be there? These types typically want to take out every family member. John List killed his son after he got back from soccer (coincidentally) after killing the sister, wife, and mother.

Let's allow the investigators to do their jobs. Leaving a child behind is certainly puzzling, so far.

BTW, there's another thread about this. Could they be whooshed?

My number one guess for motive would be the wife wanted to leave him, or she found out something bad he'd done. It is weird leaving one kid behind though.
I am leaning toward a moment of unhinging. Substance abuse, mental illness, something happened at the game Sunday night...
As for the lone child left? Perhaps the survivor had snuck out of the house after bedtime without permission and didn't say the truth because of what happened. I can see a kid blaming themselves. OR the child ran away when the argument started, went to a friend's house, and when he returned walked into that horror. No matter how it happened, that child is deeply traumatized, and I can see how the family and LE would be doing everything to protect that child. (Clearly I am really leaning towards that child not being in the house, because I can't make it make any sense that the killer left one alive. Understanding that horrors like this make no sense)

So now we find out that the husband had depression and there was "an altercation with his wife" while owning a gun, so there we go. It may not have been the first "altercation."

And the surviving child may have heard the fight for LE to describe it that way? Maybe he even locked his door? He is a strong survivor.

I’ve been looking at the social media regarding this family. They seemed so ridiculously happy. People who know them are stunned saying that they were the best family. We have heard that before. But my gosh.

Were they going to get a divorce?

Did he face a sudden, catastrophic loss of income?

Something triggered this guy. I just wish he had killed himself first.
Bbm.
Ita.
So sorry for the young survivor !
He'll prob. never fully recover.
Hope there are many loving people surrounding him.
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiRi224
Back