June 23rd 2012 Family holds balloon release

I saw nothing on our local media. Maybe they feel it is "too little,too late" ? How are balloons sent off into the air getting Lisa's name & story out to the world? How many of you have actually FOUND a balloon... kind of like sending a message in a bottle .... who has ever found one? It's nothing but a publicity stunt. However, since the media didn't cover it, after 8 & a half months of them refusing to talk to the media, & calling the police on the media, it was all a moot point.

MOO
:moo:

I saw nothing on our local media. Maybe they feel it is "too little,too late" ? How are balloons sent off into the air getting Lisa's name & story out to the world? How many of you have actually FOUND a balloon... kind of like sending a message in a bottle .... who has ever found one? It's nothing but a publicity stunt. However, since the media didn't cover it, after 8 & a half months of them refusing to talk to the media, & calling the police on the media, it was all a moot point.

MOO
:moo:

BBM
The media did cover it, that's why this thread was started. Granted it was only one outlet but it was covered.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region...-release-balloons-for-baby-lisa#ixzz1yfa4MpND

BBM
The media did cover it, that's why this thread was started. Granted it was only one outlet but it was covered.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region...-release-balloons-for-baby-lisa#ixzz1yfa4MpND

Well, it's just sad that only one media outlet covered it. We're talking about a case that was all over the national news just a few months ago. It was probably the most publicized missing person case of 2011. It's 2012. This isn't some obscure case that the media never showed any interest in. It's not just about the balloon release. The local media has barely touched the case since...December. I speculate that they're angry that the parents won't talk to them, but I don't know for sure. But how does a case go from getting significant national coverage to the local media barely showing much interest not even a year later?

I'm not following your post. Are you saying that KC's local media must believe Lisa is dead and her parents are responsible in order to report on this case?

Or are you saying that they don't want to support DB/JI egos and therefore are not reporting on this case?

Please explain.

The local media might figure that there is no point in covering this case because the parents are guilty, and Lisa's dead due to their actions. Why even bother getting her name and story out there? The local media knows that since the parents won't talk to them and signed a deal with national media, those two love attention. Why give attention to two child killers? They might figure they have two options: A.) Go NUTS over the story. Destroy Jeremy and Deborah. Make sure all of KC hates them. or B.) Ignore them.

I certainly hope the local media doesn't think Lisa is alive, because if so, they aren't doing much to keep her story on people's minds. I think that debit card story generated like one segment on each local news outlet.

Well, it's just sad that only one media outlet covered it. We're talking about a case that was all over the national news just a few months ago. It was probably the most publicized missing person case of 2011. It's 2012. This isn't some obscure case that the media never showed any interest in. It's not just about the balloon release. The local media has barely touched the case since...December. I speculate that they're angry that the parents won't talk to them, but I don't know for sure. But how does a case go from getting significant national coverage to the local media barely showing much interest not even a year later?

I agree it's sad that media interest has dropped to nearly nothing on Lisa's case.

I've been following the Mickey Shunick case and people aren't too happy about the lack of media coverage after only 4 weeks.

I don't think that the media is angry with Mickeys family, it's the lack of information that's slowing down the coverage in my opinion. And maybe that's the case here as well. JMO.

The local media might figure that there is no point in covering this case because the parents are guilty, and Lisa's dead due to their actions. Why even bother getting her name and story out there? The local media knows that since the parents won't talk to them and signed a deal with national media, those two love attention. Why give attention to two child killers? They might figure they have two options: A.) Go NUTS over the story. Destroy Jeremy and Deborah. Make sure all of KC hates them. or B.) Ignore them.

I certainly hope the local media doesn't think Lisa is alive, because if so, they aren't doing much to keep her story on people's minds. I think that debit card story generated like one segment on each local news outlet.
This is just my opinion, but if a local media outlet in Kansas City had credible information that would destroy Deborah or Jeremy, they wouldn't hesitate to use it.

As for doing the right thing and help find a missing child, dead or alive, I don't think that is a priority to the media, local or national.

Maybe only one local media covered it because only one knew it was going to happen.

It doesn't appear as though it was an open invitation for the public to attend or participate. I could only count 14 people in the video. Ten balloons each ~ so someone must have been standing out of frame.

Bradley/Irwin couple are noted for being very selective about who they will share publicity with, aren't they? So I'm not surprised that only one station covered the occasion.

This is just my opinion, but if a local media outlet in Kansas City had credible information that would destroy Deborah or Jeremy, they wouldn't hesitate to use it.

As for doing the right thing and help find a missing child, dead or alive, I don't think that is a priority to the media, local or national.

From what our local media has been reporting, the KCPD has repeatedly told them they still have many questions for Lisa's parents, since October of last year, that they have refused to answer. Maybe the media determined that this was a non-story, combined with the fact of the parents' refusal to speak to local media at ALL, in the last 8 months? If they wouldn't speak to them for 8 months about a missing baby, why would media care about balloons? It does seem rather pathetic & ridiculous, IMHO.

Maybe only one local media covered it because only one knew it was going to happen.

It doesn't appear as though it was an open invitation for the public to attend or participate. I could only count 14 people in the video. Ten balloons each ~ so someone must have been standing out of frame.

Bradley/Irwin couple are noted for being very selective about who they will share publicity with, aren't they? So I'm not surprised that only one station covered the occasion.

You could be right. Or Eileen is right and all of the other local media outlets are pissed off at them and ignored an invite to the balloon release. Hard to say which one is right.

From what our local media has been reporting, the KCPD has repeatedly told them they still have many questions for Lisa's parents, since October of last year, that they have refused to answer. Maybe the media determined that this was a non-story, combined with the fact of the parents' refusal to speak to local media at ALL, in the last 8 months? If they wouldn't speak to them for 8 months about a missing baby, why would media care about balloons? It does seem rather pathetic & ridiculous, IMHO.

What does the media care about DB/JI not talking to LE?

I could see them having a problem with them not giving interviews to them in the past, but if given the chance today why would they not take advantage of the opportunity to do so?

Are they that petty about things like that? If it were up to me I'd go ahead and do an interview.

I agree it's sad that media interest has dropped to nearly nothing on Lisa's case.

I've been following the Mickey Shunick case and people aren't too happy about the lack of media coverage after only 4 weeks.

I don't think that the media is angry with Mickeys family, it's the lack of information that's slowing down the coverage in my opinion. And maybe that's the case here as well. JMO.

Every local media is different. I'm definitely not saying that local media outlets across the country ignore cases because they are angry with the parents. I'm just referring to what I've seen in Lisa's case. The KC media loves to bring up the fact that the parents won't talk to them. I definitely think it bothers them a lot. Enough that they don't care about Lisa anymore? I don't know. But they seem pretty offended by it. Even when there's something new in Lisa's case, they don't give it much coverage. They're not looking for an "excuse" to go crazy over the case again.

What does the media care about DB/JI not talking to LE?

I could see them having a problem with them not giving interviews to them in the past, but if given the chance today why would they not take advantage of the opportunity to do so?

Are they that petty about things like that? If it were up to me I'd go ahead and do an interview.

I cannot speculate on what information local media may have. No clue. Like I said, maybe they thought it was a non-story, since the family has refused any/all attempts the media has made for coverage of the story since last October...?

I cannot speculate on what information local media may have. No clue. Like I said, maybe they thought it was a non-story, since the family has refused any/all attempts the media has made for coverage of the story since last October...?
You could be right. Or like Eileen say's the local media is angry with this family for shutting them out. Or maybe it's like ExpectingUnicorns says that the family only invited the one media outlet. I'm not sure myself.

You could be right. Or like Eileen say's the local media is angry with this family for shutting them out. Or maybe it's like ExpectingUnicorns says that the family only invited the one media outlet. I'm not sure myself.

Who knows? But why would anyone shut out any & all opportunities to get their child's name & face out there, if they were kidnapped?? I believe the family's claim is that they (media) were rude, or something. LOL, well, whatever.
Yes, I am a terrified, frantic mother of a missing, kidnapped child, but I am going to NOT let you broadcast my child's face & name to the WORLD, in the hopes that SOMEONE,SOMEWHERE may see her, & lead to her being returned to my loving arms, because I am ticked that you were "rude" to lil' ol' me.

RIIIIGHT. :waitasec:

Who knows? But why would anyone shut out any & all opportunities to get their child's name & face out there, if they were kidnapped?? I believe the family's claim is that they (media) were rude, or something. LOL, well, whatever.
Yes, I am a terrified, frantic mother of a missing, kidnapped child, but I am going to NOT let you broadcast my child's face & name to the WORLD, in the hopes that SOMEONE,SOMEWHERE may see her, & lead to her being returned to my loving arms, because I am ticked that you were "rude" to lil' ol' me.

RIIIIGHT. :waitasec:

I'm not sure why they have acted the way they that they have.

Maybe a bad experience early on with members of the media?

Maybe their own lack of experience with the onslaught of media people?

Maybe poor advice from family or friends on how to deal with the media?

And afterwards, they couldn't admit to themselves that they made an error with handling the media?

Who knows? I may be way off track here.

So, the reporters are reporting and investigating, as well?

So, the reporters are reporting and investigating, as well?

You don't have to "investigate" a case to have an opinion on it. I can't imagine why the local media would make such a big deal over the parents refusing to them if they genuinely thought they were innocent, grieving parents.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Please tell me these two are joking. They don't seriously think that when you realize a balloon, it ends up in someone's hands thousands of miles away right? Do they also think you can dig a hole to China?

:laughcry::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry:

I am trying to imagine something here: A man in Utah is walking down the street....why there's a balloon falling from the sky! Attached to the balloon, i a note about a baby that's missing. The man thinks, "Hey, my neighbor has a baby...and I don't know where she got her from!" He calls LE...It's Baby Lisa! Case solved!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And scientists are perplexed....they always thought that when you released a balloon, it "popped" once it got high enough.

Maybe that ballon will reach an alien space craft, and that space alien will suddenly realize that the humanoid they are transporting, is actually the missing baby.
:ufo::abduction::eek:fftobed:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ingridmc4