Found Deceased KS - Cole Brings Plenty, Lawrence, actor in Yellowstone spinoff series 1923 went missing Easter morning, 31 March 2024

It seems like a suicide to me. Often times when it's suicide, the family will leave the cause of death out entirely in obituaries and such as it's a very sensitive subject. Also not very uncommon for people who wish to commit suicide to drive out to the woods and do it there. :( I think he wasn't thinking very straight and it was an emotional time so he quickly decided his final destination. Location doesn't strike me as odd like some people are saying online.

I'd guess the reason why there aren't any details out there yet even from the family is because LE usually tells the family to not share any details in an impending investigation. I hope they look into his death thoroughly though and put together a good timeline. There are a lot of unanswered questions and accusations being thrown around on SM. Obviously, being deceased he can't defend himself and some information isn't even proven yet despite what is being claimed.

JMO

It seems like a suicide to me. Often times when it's suicide, the family will leave the cause of death out entirely in obituaries and such as it's a very sensitive subject. Also not very uncommon for people who wish to commit suicide to drive out to the woods and do it there. :( I think he wasn't thinking very straight and it was an emotional time so he quickly decided his final destination. Location doesn't strike me as odd like some people are saying online.

I'd guess the reason why there aren't any details out there yet even from the family is because LE usually tells the family to not share any details in an impending investigation. I hope they look into his death thoroughly though and put together a good timeline. There are a lot of unanswered questions and accusations being thrown around on SM. Obviously, being deceased he can't defend himself and some information isn't even proven yet despite what is being claimed.

JMO
I haven't followed this at all on SM but I also assumed suicide, after he was named as suspect in an alleged DV.
Sadly, that is not at all an uncommon end.

"According to a press release from the Johnson County, Kansas, sheriff’s office, on April 5, at around 11:45 a.m., deputies were dispatched to the area of 200th and Homestead Lane “in reference to an unoccupied vehicle.”

They checked the area “and discovered a deceased male in a wooded area away from the vehicle. The deceased male has been identified as Cole Brings Plenty, 27.”

----
"
Joseph Brings Plenty Jr. wrote on Facebook, “Someone cut my sons hair the night he went missing. Prayers we find you soon son, just want you to be safe.”"

-----
"Police said: “Officers responded to reports of a female screaming for help, but the suspect fled before officers arrived. The investigation identified Brings Plenty and traffic cameras showed him leaving the city immediately after the incident, traveling southbound on 59 Highway. This incident involves allegations of domestic violence, which limits the amount of information we can share to protect the victim. No further details will be provided.”"

--

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting about the hair description. Hair is very important in Native American tribes. Some believe that by wearing a long braid it protects your spine from evil. At death it is cut off to allow the spirit to go where it needs to go. Some tribes cut the childs hair at the first birthday and then never cut it again.

IMO something nefarious maybe happened to CBP or he may have decided to end his life in an area he thought secluded so he cut it according to his beliefs. I hope the investigation leads to the truth.

"According to a press release from the Johnson County, Kansas, sheriff’s office, on April 5, at around 11:45 a.m., deputies were dispatched to the area of 200th and Homestead Lane “in reference to an unoccupied vehicle.”

They checked the area “and discovered a deceased male in a wooded area away from the vehicle. The deceased male has been identified as Cole Brings Plenty, 27.”

----
"
Joseph Brings Plenty Jr. wrote on Facebook, “Someone cut my sons hair the night he went missing. Prayers we find you soon son, just want you to be safe.”"

-----
"Police said: “Officers responded to reports of a female screaming for help, but the suspect fled before officers arrived. The investigation identified Brings Plenty and traffic cameras showed him leaving the city immediately after the incident, traveling southbound on 59 Highway. This incident involves allegations of domestic violence, which limits the amount of information we can share to protect the victim. No further details will be provided.”"

--
I agree with the woman quoted in the Heavy article, "things are not adding up".

It's still a bit unclear if he was first reported missing, then named as a suspect in a DV incident, or if he was reported missing after the warrant for his arrest went out. If you read from the family, he was missing first. If you read from LE, he was fleeing from being arrested for DV. So, it sort of makes it hard to get a clear picture of what really happened.

Either way, my heart goes out to his family, and I hope this is cleared up quickly, for their sake.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting about the hair description. Hair is very important in Native American tribes. Some believe that by wearing a long braid it protects your spine from evil. At death it is cut off to allow the spirit to go where it needs to go. Some tribes cut the childs hair at the first birthday and then never cut it again.

IMO something nefarious maybe happened to CBP or he may have decided to end his life in an area he thought secluded so he cut it according to his beliefs. I hope the investigation leads to the truth.
The article made it pretty clear he got his own hair caught in some wires in a mosh pit, then someone came along and cut it to free him. Although the poster described it as assault.

The article made it pretty clear he got his own hair caught in some wires in a mosh pit, then someone came along and cut it to free him. Although the poster described it as assault.
LOL, that's what I get for not reading the article. HA :D

He was found pretty far outside of Lawrence - Lawrence to Homestead Lane

I can't find confirmation in MSM but Cole may have been going through the recent loss of a family member, coupled with being away from home for filming and all that comes with the show business - unfortunately taking his own life seems realistic

No foul play per Johnson County Sheriff's Office.

His family is not accepting this. Recently had his funeral.
He said the sheer number of mourners was 'an indication of the injustice of how the events took place with the allegations placed against him.

‘Kansas we are coming for you,’ David Bearshied, a speaker described as Native American ambassador told the gathering.

His family is not accepting this. Recently had his funeral.
He said the sheer number of mourners was 'an indication of the injustice of how the events took place with the allegations placed against him.

‘Kansas we are coming for you,’ David Bearshied, a speaker described as Native American ambassador told the gathering.
Does family ever accept non foul play death? It would be hard for me to accept if it was my child, especially if their death was suicide. That doesn't mean LE is wrong though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee
Back