Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or....they are playing with someone else's head by letting her go (making it look like she's made a deal by spilling the beans on someone else and by the PI all of a sudden becoming Chatty Cathy. I'm guessing someone is getting really nervous right now.

I mentioned that earlier. I've always thought someone else was involved- for all we know, that someone could have dealt the fatal blow, and she panicked and tried to cover up. At this point, anything is possible. Or she could have done it and someone helped her find a spot.

That is exactly what I believe. I believe she was with the person who hid Lucas. & was forced to go along.
Maybe we will get the "real" story soon.
Everyday that passes, I am less and less confident that she was anything more than a witness to the crime.
MOO
May I ask why you believe someone else HAD to hide Lucas, and what you might think the “real story “ would look like?
TIA
MOO

Ok. caught up.
Obviously they could have pressed charges for obstruction of justice and lying to an officer. Obviously. But they aren't at this time. Seems to me there's something we're missing and perhaps they let her out (for now) to help them. It was probably a bit of maneuvering but they needed her out awhile longer and she is knowingly participating.

I know her family follows this thread. I won’t give my specific theory. But I believe law enforcement knows exactly what they are doing to obtain full justice. Charges dropped without prejudice can be reinstated at any time. She can be arrested at any time. Investigation is sometimes best served by freedom. What LE is doing is apparent.[/Q
KAKE TV LIVE. 4:40pm EST
EG about to walk out of jail!
The only thing I want to see her walk is the green mile!

Wow......I'm just now listening to the podcast. Only 2 minutes to drop him? She didn't even stop to say goodbye or anything.......she didn't feel bad at all. Not that I expected her to....but hearing it like that. Wow. AND.......AND she tried to DENY they had found Lucas after they told her they did? She tried to tell him it wasn't the right place and it wasn't him AFTER they saw him. I....wow.
So did she think that David would just say "ok, cool, that's not him, we'll move along until we find Lucas" and leave the poor child (if it wasn't Lucas) there to just sit longer out in the elements? How cold.

WOW the PI said that EG was hugging him to be consoled and that his partner took a picture of it and he glared into the camera so it showed he was not sympathetic. He said EG was trying to cry but couldn't even cry. Just WOW
Yes! He mentioned that he brought a box of 500 tissues in the truck when they were going to search for Lucas and she only used one and that wasn’t even for crying... it was to clean her nose. :/
His description of EG as “slick and conniving” also stuck with me.

The reason the charges were dropped is because Emily has to be arraigned within 3 days (business days) of her arrest. The autopsy isn’t back and the cause of death hasn’t been determined. They want to file the highest charges they can on her......now why the don’t just leave her in there for obstruction I will never know.
Just jumping off your post...

Isn't she a flight risk?

Would that be taken into consideration?

:dunno:

What was Emily’s purpose of hiding the body? And keeping it a secret for so long? Besides the obvious abuse and perhaps the toxicology; what did she have to gain?
Shes probably wishing she kept her mouth shut now.
To late for that.
Shes probably cursing the PI too.
I was not happy to see her walk out.
But LE will combine all the charges and then BAM.

RE: Nancy Grace "interview"

Pretty sure I read both that the PI said Lucas wasn't in anything AND that he was "mummified". He was found in a culvert with about 2inches of water in it.

How is both of those things possible?

I assume by “mummified”, he means that the body was shriveled up (sorry, trying to be minimally graphic). This process could happen if the body was not in water the entire time it was out in open.

This^^^^ I think she freaked because she was trying to cover her arse with the personal usage of drugs and feared social services would become involved further. I can not tell ppl enough that once a family is involved with social services, they become your new mommy and daddy with all the rules and tasks the parents/family need to complete for the case to be closed. EG seems immature to me. JMO
EG will have a new mommy and daddy. They are called CO's.
Along with lots of siblings. They are called inmates.
Unless she is in solitary.
Then she will be an only child.

Here is more to bring here. PI says he pointed out to JH that when Lucas was beat that JH was never around for it. He said that JH told him "you know you are right" and admitted that Lucas never got injured when he was around that it was always when JH was gone that Lucas got beat.
Did JH use those words “when he got beat” - that implies he knew about the beatings. How could he be in so much denial to buy the “he got hurt playing with his cousins” BS so often? If that’s how he thought they really occurred, why didn’t he forbid Emily from taking Lucas from going over there to play unsupervised. Could he really be so naive?

Perhaps this is where the “we always had to tell him to be careful” comes from where she tries to share blame by including him in her statement. Maybe Jonathan was always telling Lucas to be careful.

Whether or not the PI and a few searchers have said too much and may impact the case is hard to tell and remains to be seen.

In the LE-organized search for Joe Clyde Daniels LE nixxed cell phones and cameras and made all the community searchers sign a non-disclosure form. That might have been a good idea here. IMO.

I'm surprised the DA let Glass go but I'm relieved that her charges were dismissed "without prejudice" which implies they might come back in the near future.

I'm also relieved the autopsy includes tox tests - IMO that means someone wasn't as smart as she thinks and much forensic evidence has been preserved. MOO.

It depends on the laws in Kansas. In Texas, as long as one party of the conversation is aware of the recording then it’s legal. David knew he was recording so it could be used in Texas as evidence.
I recorded my confronting my ex husband on phone about raping our child (btw he never admitted it in the 45min but also never denied it either) and it was used as evidence in his trial.
If Kansas is one of those states however that BOTH parties must be aware, then it wouldn’t be able to be used although he could still testify as a witness to what was said to him.
That all said, I’m not a lawyer and only know from our experience here in Texas. Maybe @Charliegizmo49 can help here!
I’ll look and post the law. Not going to interpret.

I assume by “mummified”, he means that the body was shriveled up (sorry, trying to be minimally graphic). This process could happen if the body was not in water the entire time it was out in open.
He said this was due to the cold weather.
I think a higher power was at work here.
Bruises ect. being visibly apparent.
Even after three months.
Im keeping the faith.

I believe so. Are there any KS attorneys here? I don't know for sure what the requirements are or if there would be some other reason she would have been in the PD's office today.
I was under the impression that you have to be charged with a crime and prove that you can't afford an attorney and then you are appointed a Public Defender. This is bewildering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti