Kyron Horman Q&A ***No Discussion***

In a television interview, Desiree stated that in the last weeks (or months?) before his disappearance, Kyron did not want to return home after his visits with her and her husband, and that he would really cry/sob. Has there been any further information on this, was he unhappy at school or for any other reason?

Kaine has refuted this twice. Once in the written answers to questions from reporters. There's a thread I put in the reference forum with a list of all the questions asked by each news outlet, and links to the answers. Do an advanced search on the reference forum with keyword questions and my name as user name and it will pop right up.

The other interview in which he refuted it is the 25 minute audio interview from the Oregonian. If you do an advanced search using audio as the keyword and my name as the user name, one of my posts with the link to this interview will pop right up.

If you have any problems finding these references, just holler.

Does Skyline have older (7th-8th graders) paired with the younger kids, like "reading buddies" or other mentor programs where Kyron may have become friendly with one or more older students? My kids' school does and I have been weirded out when 13 year olds that I don't know address my kindergartener and 2nd grader by name and know intimate details about them.

It's quite possible:

Student learning environment

• School, community and families form a partnership to build success for each individual child as they become competent and caring world citizens.
  • Teachers use teaching practices appropriate for each child's stage of development, challenging students to succeed and progress at their individual pace.
  • Programs target educational goals for the 21st century, including multi-age groupings, cooperative learning, multicultural education and cross-grade partnerships.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/profiles/?id=186

Does Skyline have older (7th-8th graders) paired with the younger kids, like "reading buddies" or other mentor programs where Kyron may have become friendly with one or more older students? My kids' school does and I have been weirded out when 13 year olds that I don't know address my kindergartener and 2nd grader by name and know intimate details about them.

Wasn't there an article in which a mom and older girl gave a few comments, and the girl was referred to as Kyron's reading partner? There may even have been two articles about.

Let me have my second cup of coffee and try to remember a few words I can use as keywords to try to google it up.

ETA: That was easy.

"I'm disappointed the year is over already because I think the kids need each other right now," said Beth Smith, walking onto school grounds to pick up her 12-year-old daughter, who was Kyron's reading buddy.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978304561

Were children allowed to walk the halls of the school without teacher supervision, to bathroom or library etc, or did classes always go together or have bathrooms in each classroom. Thanks, sorry if these have already been asked.

I don't have anything from school officials or policy statements for you on this - I don't recall anything on this officially being stated. I don't recall any statements from parents regarding it. However, little TP's interview would indicate that children were permitted to go to the bathroom and get drinks alone, without being supervised or tracked by adults. This could, of course, simply be a child's perception.

Video 1:

- I went downstairs, and that was the last time I saw him and I never did see him after that.

- And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Miss Porter's like it's alright calm down, calm down she's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she's like alright I'm gonna leave and she left.

Video 2 (reporter says TP saw Kyron around 8:45):

- And he walked by the hallway and I'm like, Hi, Kyron, and he's like, Hi. I'm gonna go see this cool one. Electric one. And I'm like, Alright, bye. And that's the last time I saw him. He never did make it back to class.

Video 1: http://video.aol.ca/video-detail/in...-of-kyron-horman/2091168039/?icid=VIDURVNWS08

Video 2: http://www.kptv.com/video/23842579/index.html

Article:

Classmate: 'I Hope My Best Friend Comes Back'
Kyron Horman Last Seen Friday Morning
POSTED: 7:06 am PDT June 9, 2010
UPDATED: 8:24 am PDT June 9, 2010

http://www.kptv.com/news/23842774/detail.html

I have a similar question. I saw on television, in one picture showing the classroom door, it appeared to have a sign on it that said "blend class 2-3".

If Kyron was still 7 at the end of the school year, it seems like he would have been one of the younger kids in his own grade. (My son is the same way, having a June birthday, and was Kyron's birthday all the way in Sept, so really one of the very youngest for 2nd grade?)

Was he in a class that included both 2nd and 3rd graders? In other words, in class with kids up to 2 years older, (or more, if anyone was a hold back).

Yes, it was blended, second and third grade:

We were given an inside look at Kyron's classroom here at Skyline Elementary. Inside Ms. Porter's second- and third-grade blended class we saw a glimpse into who this 7-year-old boy is

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95702034.html

My question is about the third polygraph. Kaine confirmed that Terri took the full poly for the third one. I'm trying to find a source reference for her having failed that third poly.

I've found two links so far, and neither say she failed it.

Again, I'm clear on the first and second polys, it's only the third I'm seeking a reference for her having specifically failed on.

Thanks!

Kaine: She took the first, went to take a second and walked out before the machine portion of the test could be administered, then went back 8-10 days later and completed a full test. This was information she shared openly with all friends, family, and law enforcement that were at the house at the time of the events.

http://www.katu.com/news/98654424.html

Q: Can you describe how Terri Horman handled the polygraph requests? I believe you have said to others that Terri walked out of a second polygraph, and then waited about 10 days before taking a third? Can you clarify this for us?

A: She fully cooperated and took the first polygraph then subsequently vented her failed results to all family, friends, and law enforcement at the house. A few days later she cooperated and went to take a second polygraph test but got up and walked out before the machine portion of the test could be administered... again by her own statement to family, friends, and law enforcement at the house ...She continually pushed back and refused to repeat the second test for several days (approx. 8-10) before going to take the test and then once again coming back to the house and venting to all listeners.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kaine_horman_describes_how_ter.html

When did TH feed the baby lunch? or did she? or did someone else?
Baby is pretty young for OTC medicine.
Is anyone demanding an answer at TH parents house?
Is there any survellience at TH parent's house as to who comes and goes?

When did Desiree get into town? Was it the day of Kyron's disappearance, or the day after?

I thought it was the day of, but I've seen references to it having been the day after.

TIA

My question is about the third polygraph. Kaine confirmed that Terri took the full poly for the third one. I'm trying to find a source reference for her having failed that third poly.
I've found two links so far, and neither say she failed it.

Again, I'm clear on the first and second polys, it's only the third I'm seeking a reference for her having specifically failed on.

Thanks!

Kaine: She took the first, went to take a second and walked out before the machine portion of the test could be administered, then went back 8-10 days later and completed a full test. This was information she shared openly with all friends, family, and law enforcement that were at the house at the time of the events.

http://www.katu.com/news/98654424.html

Q: Can you describe how Terri Horman handled the polygraph requests? I believe you have said to others that Terri walked out of a second polygraph, and then waited about 10 days before taking a third? Can you clarify this for us?

A: She fully cooperated and took the first polygraph then subsequently vented her failed results to all family, friends, and law enforcement at the house. A few days later she cooperated and went to take a second polygraph test but got up and walked out before the machine portion of the test could be administered... again by her own statement to family, friends, and law enforcement at the house ...She continually pushed back and refused to repeat the second test for several days (approx. 8-10) before going to take the test and then once again coming back to the house and venting to all listeners.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kaine_horman_describes_how_ter.html

In watching the raw video from the 7/8 KH and DY Q&A KH states that TH took two polys and she "has not passed those two polygraphs." This is a long video but you can find this part starting in the last 6:15 minutes. He does not specifically state 1st, 2nd, 3rd. He is following up on a question posed about TH not being truthful. I hope you find this useful. I'm new here... hopefully I replied in a useful way.

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Raw-Horman-parents-QA-98080844.html

In watching the raw video from the 7/8 KH and DY Q&A KH states that TH took two polys and she "has not passed those two polygraphs." This is a long video but you can find this part starting in the last 6:15 minutes. He does not specifically state 1st, 2nd, 3rd. He is following up on a question posed about TH not being truthful. I hope you find this useful. I'm new here... hopefully I replied in a useful way.

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Raw-Horman-parents-QA-98080844.html

Thanks. I caught that one. Since I posted I've found a lot more interviews. I still can't find one where Kaine says she failed. "not pass" isn't the same as fail, i.e, the third one could have been "inconclusive".

If you come across any others, if you could let me know, I'd appreciate it.

What date was the Dede Spicher flier distributed by LE? I found a few articles that refer to the flier having been distributed in past tense, and those articles are from Aug 10, a Tuesday. I found one article that says there was a spike in tips beginning Monday Aug 9 after the flier was distributed.

I wondered if the flier had been distributed over that weekend, but am unable to find anything to say exactly when it was distributed. A spike on Monday indicates to me that the tips may have started over the weekend based on flier distribution, and reached a noticeable point of 'spiking' on Monday.

I was even thinking that perhaps LE had distributed the flier on the Friday, hoping to catch people at home or in the area to give it to who might not be in the area or be home on other days of the week. In other words, trying to hit the area on the same day of the week - Friday - as Kyron went missing.

If anyone has a date of distribution, I'd appreciate it.

TIA

Was the 'cool electric project' ever ruled out as another child's exhibit at the Science Fair?

this may have been asked and answered...aside from the main entrance door ( come in and go out) did the other doors lock after you went out them ? In other words, could you go out those doors and they lock behind you.?

this may have been asked and answered...aside from the main entrance door ( come in and go out) did the other doors lock after you went out them ? In other words, could you go out those doors and they lock behind you.?

I believe that the two "monitored" doors, the main one and the portico one, were two-way doors. All other doors were locked, meaning you could go out but not get back in (without a key). Presumably this kept strangers from entering but permitted students, teachers, and staff to exit in case of emergency. So a child could leave by any of the unmonitored doors.

Where can I find photos of a) the event where the balloons were released and b) Kyron's vigil? I mean aside from the very few posted on the news sites?

When did the Horman's move to their current home? When did Kyron begin attending Skyline? If this was not his first year there, do we know if he participated in previous years' science fairs? Do we know if the security at the school was handled the same way in previous years (or at other large events?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back