Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...if she did this, I guess they decided not to charge her for it. JMO

Yeah, what's going on with that anyway? Did she really hire someone and if she did, don't they have enough to charge her with conspiracy to commit murder?

Yeah, what's going on with that anyway? Did she really hire someone and if she did, don't they have enough to charge her with conspiracy to commit murder?

I watched one case like this once and even when they had the woman on tape asking for the "hit", the LE said it was not enough until they also exchanged money...so I doubt very much this will ever come to anything, JMO.

So the stepmom is automatically to blame even though she's the only one who bothered showing up at his science fair, she left him at the school. If she was going to harm him why not do it at home? Or instruct him to walk to somewhere nearby after school to be picked up and kill him there?
She wanted the school to get the blame and that wouldn't have happened if she killed him at home or had him walk somewhere after school (she'd have in all probability had to give the school a note allowing him to walk somewhere upon dismissal...otherwise, the school would have put him on the bus as was his usual routine).

She wanted the school to get the blame and that wouldn't have happened if she killed him at home or had him walk somewhere after school (she'd have in all probability had to give the school a note allowing him to walk somewhere upon dismissal...otherwise, the school would have put him on the bus as was his usual routine).

Exactly.

The finger of guilt would undoubtedly point at her if she had killed Kyron at home,or in any situation where she was solely responsible for him. Having him disappear from school on a hectic morning created a lot of confusion. It was a really good cover.

if I was her I would have asked Terri to get a map, wear gloves, put an x where he is, and mail it or find a way to pass it on to someone that will give it to me. Anything!

I've wondered that myself. It must somehow all tie in to Kyron's disappearance somehow, and they are holding back for some reason. Or maybe it touches on some other big case, and they are sitting on what they have. There has to be a really good reason they haven't charged her yet for that crime. There was enough evidence for a judge to issue the RO originally, and to extend it, so we have to assume that LE had some kind of evidence that she did try to hire someone to kill Kaine at some point.

Tony Young is convinced that Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, and as an experienced and respected detective, he'd have pretty good insight, a well-developed gut instinct about crime, and about the behavior of guilty people. Plus he knows a lot of the details about Kyron's
disappearance that we don't. I trust his opinion.

Exactly.

The finger of guilt would undoubtedly point at her if she had killed Kyron at home,or in any situation where she was solely responsible for him. Having him disappear from school on a hectic morning created a lot of confusion. It was a really good cover.

You know, I go back and forth on whether planning to have Kyron disappear on a day where there was a lot of people and confusion on the school is actually a "good" plan or not. I mean, assuming this was planned and executed by TH, isn't it just as likely that having lots of people there means more of a chance of her being noticed leaving with Kyron? Or Kyron being noticed leaving on his own? At first I thought it was evidence of a crafty plan, but the more I think about it, the odds of having your criminal plan work out in that kind of situation seems about 50/50.

Sometimes I wonder if he's somehow still in that school, like that graduate student was (forgetting her name. Annie Le, maybe?). I know that's a very remote possibility, but anything seems possible at this point.

Sometimes I wonder if he's somehow still in that school, like that graduate student was (forgetting her name. Annie Le, maybe?). I know that's a very remote possibility, but anything seems possible at this point.

IIRC, LE turned that school inside out and upside down looking for him there, and on the immediate grounds.

IIRC, LE turned that school inside out and upside down looking for him there, and on the immediate grounds.

Also,there would have been odor from decomposition. Someone would've noticed that smell, because apparently it is very strong and cannot be ignored.

I believe Terri set it up because of the DR appt. confusion that she caused with the teacher. I think she wanted to get the teacher in trouble as well by having Kyron disappear from school.

The stepmom was not automatically to blame for me. And the reason why she was at the science fair, because that is what stay-at-home-mom's do. They are the ones that go to fairs, doctor's appts, grocery stores, etc. Dad's go to work and support the family. Sometimes, there are dad's out there that get to do both, but not always.

The stepmom became the person to blame when she failed the lie detector tests on muliple occasions. She was also the last person to see Kyron - always the best place to start on a missing person case. She also hired a hit-man to kill her husband. She also has a past behavior pattern of maniuplation and control. She also hired a criminal defense attorney and refused to talk to LE when her stories didn't add up. She also gave up her daughter without a fight because she didn't want to talk in a court of law.

Sorry, but this stepmom walks, talks, and is likely the duck in the room. JMHO

She didn't hire a hit man to kill her husband. Someone claimed that she tried to hire one, but when LE attempted to do a sting she called the cops to report it.

She didn't hire a hit man to kill her husband. Someone claimed that she tried to hire one, but when LE attempted to do a sting she called the cops to report it.

It's irrelevant if she did or did not try hire a hit man to knock off her husband. That is the hardest, most difficult situation to charge anyone with. You have to have a tape that records, no spells out, yes I want him/her dead at this time tomorrow or else, or if not that, screaming that at the top of their lungs in front of practically 50 million witnesses. Since it was neither, it might as well never happened (if it happen at all).

I know Kyron will be on these boards a long, long time. But I'm afraid always missing. I knew from the get go he would not be found. LE needs a body before they can even remotely start looking at Terri, and it's not going to happen.

Also,there would have been odor from decomposition. Someone would've noticed that smell, because apparently it is very strong and cannot be ignored.

I believe Terri set it up because of the DR appt. confusion that she caused with the teacher. I think she wanted to get the teacher in trouble as well by having Kyron disappear from school.

Yeah, I know it's not really a possibility. It's just the most direction solution to the puzzle of Kyron's disappearance in my mind, even though it's not actually possible.

As would most guilty people who are already suspected of abduction and/or murder. It was the sting that was stupid. And because she rejected the offer to off Kaine while she was under investigation doesn't negate the potential that she tried to hire someone to kill Kaine earlier.

There was enough proof that a judge saw fit to give Kaine the RO, and to keep her away from her baby for all this time. There must be some evidence of it. Judges don't give those orders on a whim.

There was enough proof that a judge saw fit to give Kaine the RO, and to keep her away from her baby for all this time. There must be some evidence of it. Judges don't give those orders on a whim.

There must be more to it. There is so much that makes no sense in this case, I have to believe that there is more to be known.

It's irrelevant if she did or did not try hire a hit man to knock off her husband. That is the hardest, most difficult situation to charge anyone with. You have to have a tape that records, no spells out, yes I want him/her dead at this time tomorrow or else, or if not that, screaming that at the top of their lungs in front of practically 50 million witnesses. Since it was neither, it might as well never happened (if it happen at all).

I know Kyron will be on these boards a long, long time. But I'm afraid always missing. I knew from the get go he would not be found. LE needs a body before they can even remotely start looking at Terri, and it's not going to happen.

It might be a few things but "irrelevant" isn't one of them.

The judge didn't think so either.

There is no evidence of it, if there was she would have been arrested.

The murder for hire allegation was made by some guy who went to the police claiming that she did, but when they tried to do a sting that would have gathered evidence to support his claim, she called the police instead, not knowing that the people in the sting WERE the police.

So, that means that the allegation is very likely bogus. Just some guy getting his 15 minutes, and of course, since everyone would like to arrest her for something/anything, they didnt question it too much. Stuff like that is far too convienent to close, so they leave it hanging open.

And, judges DO give those orders on a whim, as long as there is an open allegation and a situation like this, pretty much every judge is going to err on the side of caution. It is better safe than sorry. If the husband wanted to get separated from her, but not lose custody of his daughter in the process, his son suddenly and inexplicably dissappearing is a golden opportunity to do so. The sudden breakup of their marriage sure makes it look like he used that opportunity.

She did have a chance to help Kyron when he begged not to be brought back up to Portland. I'll never understand why she didn't take him seriously and look into WHY?

Because that's what little kids do!! My nieces who I am very very close with (and from different families) have begged for them to live with me many times before!

Please don't blame the victim.. She thought that was the best living arrangement for her child, and really... This sort of stuff is beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

The murder for hire allegation was made by some guy who went to the police claiming that she did, but when they tried to do a sting that would have gathered evidence to support his claim, she called the police instead, not knowing that the people in the sting WERE the police.

So, that means that the allegation is very likely bogus. Just some guy getting his 15 minutes, and of course, since everyone would like to arrest her for something/anything, they didnt question it too much. Stuff like that is far too convienent to close, so they leave it hanging open.

And, judges DO give those orders on a whim, as long as there is an open allegation and a situation like this, pretty much every judge is going to err on the side of caution. It is better safe than sorry. If the husband wanted to get separated from her, but not lose custody of his daughter in the process, his son suddenly and inexplicably dissappearing is a golden opportunity to do so. The sudden breakup of their marriage sure makes it look like he used that opportunity.

BBM

I believe the police went to him but other than this, ITA with your post.

Contrary to popular opinion....a Restraining Order is not easy to get without some legal reason to have one.....especially one that prohibits contact between a mother and a baby. You can't just go ask for one because you want one. And LE contacted Kaine and told him about the plot and advised him to get the baby and get out of the house. There was enough evidence that LE was concerned about their safety.
While there may not be enough evidence for a CRIMINAL case to move forward, a civil case is another matter. There has to be evidence to meet those civil standards. And if there wasn't, her attorneys would be fighting to get her some time with her child. They aren't....for a very good reason. They really can't raise too much of a stink about it.
Her silence, and her failure to fight for an opportunity to be a mother to her little girl means she has a lot to hide in both the civil and criminal cases.

I would NEVER in a million years, if I was innocent, allow anyone to keep me from my children. I would give up a house, cars, anything in a divorce....but not my children. Terri gave up Kiara to save herself.

BTW.....early on in the case, IIRC, it was reported that there were explicit text messages between the landscaper and Terri. LE has some evidence of an affair between the two at the very least. Her later behavior with Michael Cook, and the sexting, was apparently her modus operandi.

Terri is not some innocent housewife being railroaded by LE and a mean old judge in a bad mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcameo6