LA LA - Arabi, WhtFem 50-60, UP14672, Katrina victim, 'Joseph Kohn High School' chain, scar, Sep '05

BrownBear

Reaction score
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP14672

Demographics
Sex Female
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years) 50-60
Height 5' 3"(63 inches) , Measured
Weight Cannot Estimate

Circumstances

Date Body Found September 12, 2005
Location Arabi, Louisiana
County St. Bernard Parish
Circumstances of Recovery Katrina victim.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description

Hair Color White
Head Hair Description Medium 4-8"
Distinctive Physical Features
Scar/mark 4 1/2" scar in center of abdomen

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing white panties On the Body

Jewelry yellow metal chain metal /w Joseph Kohn High School On the Body

Arabi is a small town, and Joseph Kohn Jr High School was in New Orleans. This woman should be identifiable. What is really needed is a list of the missing from Katrina to work with.

Arabi is a small town, and Joseph Kohn Jr High School was in New Orleans. This woman should be identifiable. What is really needed is a list of the missing from Katrina to work with.

I know, I could only find two on NamUs who went missing just before Katrina

MP5949 Roy Allen Clark last known to be on a boat in Port Eads, Louisiana on August 28, 2005, attempting to leave the area before Hurricane Katrina hit; however, he has not been heard from since the hurricane.

MP74345 Louis Lopez
Last seen in the 500 block E. Louisiana State Drive, in Kenner, prior to Hurricane Katrina.

I can no longer find a list of Katrina missing (there used to be on one the Louisiana Health and Human Services website). I checked the LA missing persons repository, and couldn't find anyone reported missing who remotely matches her description during the months after Katrina. I wonder if she was missing before Katrina, or sadly maybe never reported missing at all.

Perhaps Joseph Kohn yearbooks would help, with a few years corresponding with the deceased woman’s age. Depending on the size of the school, a list could be generated. With a lot of checking, a much narrower list of possibilities might emerge. It is a lot of work though.

It would also be helpful to know where the woman was found, and whether she drifted to that location, or was deposited there by floodwaters. If her location implied that she lived or worked in Arabi, that too should narrow the possibilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back