LA LA - Sallie Reed, 22, Thibodaux, 19 Feb 1976

Years ago (2009) there was a family member on the LPJD thread, when Sallie was discussed as a possible match for her. The member name was BAMBILYNN. She only had two messages and was last seen on WS in 2010, so it looks like she is not active.

Bringing some text over.

"this is my grandma's sister.....her car was found abandoned in opelousas la, so im not sure if that is her......i just pray we can find her"

@BAMBILYNN Hi, I would like to invited you to come to this thread and share some more information about Sallie, if you can and want to.

Hi, I’m Sallie’s great niece. Reed is my mothers maiden name and she lived in the same home as Sallie when she disappeared. She took my paw’s car and they found it near a railroad track in Opelousas. We haven’t found or heard anything since then. I truly believe that the police did a poor job investigating and hardly even tried. I know she’s been missing for so long, but if anyone knows anything about where she could be now…

Hi, I’m Sallie’s great niece. Reed is my mothers maiden name and she lived in the same home as Sallie when she disappeared. She took my paw’s car and they found it near a railroad track in Opelousas. We haven’t found or heard anything since then. I truly believe that the police did a poor job investigating and hardly even tried. I know she’s been missing for so long, but if anyone knows anything about where she could be now…

Hi and welcome @mackenziehauryy Do I understand it right that Sallie was your mothers sister? Sorry for asking but what do you mean with paw's car? If it's a abbreviation where does it stand for?

Hi and welcome @mackenziehauryy Do I understand it right that Sallie was your mothers sister? Sorry for asking but what do you mean with paw's car? If it's a abbreviation where does it stand for?
I am Sallie Reed's neice. She lived with us (her sister and family) until the night she went missing. She was in her own car, not anyone else's car.

The gravestone of John Reed, jr says born on 9-22-1950...but according to the files and doing the math he must have been born in 1951 or his age (53 when he died) wasn't correct. Or am I confused?.....

FWIW Mary Mike Reed Hebert was born in 1917 and Sallie was born in 1953. Mary would have been 36 when she gave birth to Sallie. In those days that's quit old for having a child. When Sallie went missing in 1976, aged 22 yrs, her mother would have been 58 and maybe already divorced (once or twice)
Yes, John Reed was her brother and Mary Mike was her Mom.

1693300018273.jpg
Morgan City is near Thibodaux, en route to Opelousas... so I began to think of Robert Hohenberger, however, he was in California in 1976.
It would be great to know more about the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, and also about her routines, her friends, her hobbies...

Last edited:
This is a picture of the railroad tracks in Opelousas. I wonder where her car was found. It sounds like a car-jacking and the car dumped near the tracks.

1693302341147.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back