Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.09.17 - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's testimony, though enlightening, caused me a lot of confusion. Specifically as to who was where, and when? We had been led to believe that on the afternoon of July 3rd, Smich & Millard picked up LB at the subway. All three phones went to Maple Gate, where I thought they stayed until about 11:00 AM on July 4th when they headed to the lakeshore to dispose of the phone, then dropping Smich in Oakville, then Millard continuing to Waterloo. Today we learned about text messages between Millard and Smich during that time, giving the impression that they were not together. Anybody figure this out?

My only reasonable explanation is that Smich was elsewhere in the house and was simply they were simply communicating via text. Evidence of this may be when Millard leaves on the fourth and texts Smich that he "has left some dough on the table downstairs". This would seem to confirm that Smich was indeed still in the house. Again this is confusing because I was under the impression that he had left with Millard. This would however leave Smich alone to claim and rename the iPad.

Anyway, I wasn't really impresses with the crowns presentation. Chronologically it was all over the place. It was often unclear who was talking to who, and that was the opinion of the reporters that were actually in the courtroom. I can just imagine the confusion amongst the twelve members of the jury.

BBM - beginning to wonder if a certain level of confusion for the public is part of the strategy by the Crown, especially since the press was not allowed entry to the courtroom yesterday morning due to 'a scheduling conflict or confusion'. Yet the trial was in fact underway when the press entered.

There were no dates or no specific dates on some texts, rather a date range - example 3-5 July 2012. The judge has mentioned more than once to DM that it is up to the jury to infer what they will from the evidence. Suspect there is no date confusion as all with what the jury receives.

Could it be that everyone 'knows' that a member(s) of the jury is likely to 'peek' at news/comments on-line even if not allowed during the trial? Preventing the public from drawing/printing conclusions would then not sway a jury member to any conclusions?

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member