MA MA - Theresa Corley, 19, Bellingham, 4 December 1978

I've been reading about this for days. I am bothered by the disappearance of the man's shoe that Theresa had on when she allegedly fled the apartment. Nothing but her jeans and jacket found. I'm assuming this was to hide as much evidence as possible at that time. I'm no investigator, but the absence of these items and the fact that the police seemed to kind of question these boys lightly leads me to believe that there may be more than one person who knows who did this/who was involved. The fact that they have not been ruled out bothers me. Has there been an effort to get the guy who moved out of Mass. to submit to provide a DNA sample?
Vicki,

The questions you raise were not uncommon in the 1970s in a lot of small towns in Massachusetts when a crime occurred involving the “townies” and local police force.

Vicki,

The questions you raise were not uncommon in the 1970s in a lot of small towns in Massachusetts when a crime occurred involving the “townies” and local police force.
My name is Nikki. Right. I grew up in Woonsocket, RI at that time but was young enough to not be aware of all that was happening. I can't find anything regarding the results of trying to get the DNA of someone possibly involved who is now living in Florida. It seems to all go cold again. I did see a post that someone attached a link to the ABA about forcing someone to comply to provide DNA evidence and I am unable to find out where it went from there. Anyone know?

I've been reading about this for days. I am bothered by the disappearance of the man's shoe that Theresa had on when she allegedly fled the apartment. Nothing but her jeans and jacket found. I'm assuming this was to hide as much evidence as possible at that time. I'm no investigator, but the absence of these items and the fact that the police seemed to kind of question these boys lightly leads me to believe that there may be more than one person who knows who did this/who was involved. The fact that they have not been ruled out bothers me. Has there been an effort to get the guy who moved out of Mass. to submit to provide a DNA sample?

good point! I always feel really suspicious about these guys.

My name is Nikki. Right. I grew up in Woonsocket, RI at that time but was young enough to not be aware of all that was happening. I can't find anything regarding the results of trying to get the DNA of someone possibly involved who is now living in Florida. It seems to all go cold again. I did see a post that someone attached a link to the ABA about forcing someone to comply to provide DNA evidence and I am unable to find out where it went from there. Anyone know?
The fact that a POI would refuse to provide a DNA sample (after all these years) speaks for itself, imo. I hope LE has pressed the issue. If not, I'd wonder just how determined they really are to solve this...jmo

Last edited:
I'm wondering whether she was actually wearing the man's shoe (as in, it was put on by mistake), or fled the apartment clutching it (as evidence), because from there she tells the truckers who pick her up that she was assaulted-- if I've understood correctly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic
Back