Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the McCanns need "lawyers who have been involved since the beginning" unless they were afraid of being charged with something?

I was wondering the same thing about the lawyers, but I believe they have said it was to help them set up the trust and so on ...

I was wondering the same thing about the lawyers, but I believe they have said it was to help them set up the trust and so on ...

I had the same question too. Why were these lawyes needed. It is hard for me to believe that with all the connections these couple seems to have they were unable to get attorneys they know or just good samaritan attorneys to volunteer to do anywork needed in order to help find their missing child.

mjak

Maybe they do things differently there? How many attorneys do you need to set up a trust fund? And how much are they charging to "help" find a missing child?

attack

verb
1. to set upon in a forceful, violent, hostile, or aggressive way, with or without a weapon; begin fighting with: He attacked him with his bare hands.
2. to begin hostilities against; start an offensive against: to attack the enemy.
3. to blame or abuse violently or bitterly.
4. to direct unfavorable criticism against; criticize severely; argue with strongly: He attacked his opponent's statement.
5. to try to destroy, esp. with verbal abuse: to attack the mayor's reputation.
6. to set about (a task) or go to work on (a thing) vigorously: to attack housecleaning; to attack the hamburger hungrily.
7. (of disease, destructive agencies, etc.) to begin to affect.
–verb (used without object)
8. to make an attack; begin hostilities.
–noun
9. the act of attacking; onslaught; assault.
10. a military offensive against an enemy or enemy position.
11. Pathology. seizure by disease or illness: an attack of indigestion.
12. the beginning or initiating of any action; onset.
13. an aggressive move in a performance or contest.
14. the approach or manner of approach in beginning a musical phrase

I believe you are thinking, or meant to say......

criticism

noun
1. disapproval expressed by pointing out faults or shortcomings; "the senator received severe criticism from his opponent"
2. a serious examination and judgment of something; "constructive criticism is always appreciated"
3. a written evaluation of a work of literature

I don't mean to get caught up in semantics here, but I haven't seen anyone here 'attack' Madeleine's parents. Questions, critiques, opinions and theories have been presented here. Unfortunately, I have seen verbal, or rather, written 'attacks' made by large numbers of those supporting the McCanns. I will acknowledge that you are one of the more temperate individuals in expressing your disagreement and I appreciate that.

I hope, as much as you do and as much as anyone else out there does, that Madeleine can be safely returned. How this ordeal, if she is found alive, will affect her psychological development over her lifetime is a genuine concern. I would do a happy dance in the middle of my street if she was found. I would do it naked (EW! for my neighbors) if it meant her being returned sooner and alive.

And if or when she is found.... well, I will not stop having issue with the FACT that her parents left her and two younger siblings alone, night after night, to fend for themselves against things which go bump in the night. Children that age cannot speak for themselves. Someone -or many someones - need to speak out for them.

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed, if it will help, and hope that this newest development moves things to a successful and happy conclusion(although Skynews - and I have some issues with Skynews - is the only report of this that I can presently find). I will gladly eat my words with regard to my hypothesis if her parents are not involved in her disappearance. I will not, however, change my tune one whit about their culpability in contributing to her disappearance by leaving her to fend for herself. Nor will I change my thoughts on how passive and odd their personal 'search' has been and how very disturbing that has been to me.

But that is simply one woman's opinion.

Kat

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

... in the UK, where most of the support is, there is almost literally a blackout on news about Madeleine and her parents unless it's pro-McCann. Their faction is in control of the newspapers. Negative letters to the editor and news articles are either not posted at all or are pulled as soon as they go into the paper. They even have a government liaison handling the media....

I'd be interested to read about this further. Can you point me to the source?

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....me=yes&more_nodeId1=132393&contentPK=17781869

Funds being used to pay for, among other things, large legal fees.

"Brian Kennedy, Madeleine's great-uncle, told the Mercury: "The fund has gone up quite a bit in recent days.

"We are now beginning to pay out and there are some fairly large bills for expenses, such as legal fees for the lawyers who have been involved since the beginning.""

So that is the excuse they are using to validate where all the money is going, why are lawyers needed in this case at this stage. Totally gobsmacked.

Hi guineveer, welcome to WS.

I'd be interested to read about this further. Can you point me to the source?

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....me=yes&more_nodeId1=132393&contentPK=17781869

The article above isn't the point. Check out the reader comments underneath- the 5th from the bottom and 2nd from the top. There has been a widespread ban in much of the UK pertaining to any negative press about the McCanns, and what does make it through into print is viciously attacked by their supporters. (The newspaper type is difficult to read, but if you cut and paste into Word, it's much easier.)

Another website to check out is from an Australian writer who we nicknamed Aussie Mike and is popular here at our forum. He writes a column posing interesting questions about Madeleine's parents.

http://ionglobaltrends.blogspot.com/search/label/Madeleine%20McCann

A quote for you from Yahoo answers, courtesy of Aussie Mike:

Clarence Mitchell, the so called Mccann press officer is the director of the Government’s Media Monitoring Unit, is the reason behind the Media Gag, a government official on loan as a spin doctor to the Mccanns, gagging the social services.

The British taxpayer is paying for a media consultant to a private company with no charitable status. He is currently on secondment to the Foreign Office for the purpose of looking after the McCanns.

I think the Fund has become a Gravy Train. Any people who would otherwise be volunteers are now being paid.

I had the same question too. Why were these lawyes needed. It is hard for me to believe that with all the connections these couple seems to have they were unable to get attorneys they know or just good samaritan attorneys to volunteer to do anywork needed in order to help find their missing child.

mjak

I think the Fund has become a Gravy Train. Any people who would otherwise be volunteers are now being paid.

This is really upsetting to me. Why in the world would parents allow this maneuver? Maybe I am too emotional about missing children but I would be screaming from the top of my lungs for her return. Not ever worried about PR and lawyers, for Christs sake. Something isn't right. Recruiting money to pay off legal aid is in itself compromising.

Whew, I didn't think I was going to be able to get back in tonight.

Hey, Shazza, I just want to say that I enjoy your responses to Aussie Mike's blog so much. Keep the zingers coming.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1274401,00.html

Madeleine Police Cancel Summer Holidays

http://sosmaddie.blogspot.com/

The following is a translation of the original French version:

By telephone a few minutes ago, spokesman for Police Judicial, Oleg de Sousa, has confirmed that swoops are imminent. Another source, close to the investigation, has confirmed that reinforcements have been sent from Lisbon and we are expecting an important breakthrough this week on the hunt for the kidnappers.

The net seems to be tightening around those responsible for Madeleine McCann's abduction.

New suspects have been identified and are currently being traced in order to be interrogated by PJ agents.

Robert Murat, who lives 100 meters from where Madeleine McCann disappeared and who remains, for the moment, the only suspect in the affair, was seized while he slept and taken in for questioning again. PJ believes that the abduction was perpetrated by more than one person.

Investigators believe that Madeleine is still in Portugal, a belief shared by parents Gerry and Kate McCann.

The McCanns have confirmed that they feel reassured by the developments in the investigation. Inspector Oleg de Sousa, spokesperson for PJ, has again admitted to “SOS Madeleine” that it's possible that some witness statuses may change to that of "accused".

Please let this be the turning point in this investigation.

attack

verb
1. to set upon in a forceful, violent, hostile, or aggressive way, with or without a weapon; begin fighting with: He attacked him with his bare hands.
2. to begin hostilities against; start an offensive against: to attack the enemy.
3. to blame or abuse violently or bitterly.
4. to direct unfavorable criticism against; criticize severely; argue with strongly: He attacked his opponent's statement.
5. to try to destroy, esp. with verbal abuse: to attack the mayor's reputation.
6. to set about (a task) or go to work on (a thing) vigorously: to attack housecleaning; to attack the hamburger hungrily.
7. (of disease, destructive agencies, etc.) to begin to affect.
–verb (used without object)
8. to make an attack; begin hostilities.
–noun
9. the act of attacking; onslaught; assault.
10. a military offensive against an enemy or enemy position.
11. Pathology. seizure by disease or illness: an attack of indigestion.
12. the beginning or initiating of any action; onset.
13. an aggressive move in a performance or contest.
14. the approach or manner of approach in beginning a musical phrase

I believe you are thinking, or meant to say......

criticism

Kat
No, I meant exactly what I said....Attacked!!!!
While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and to play with the meaning of words to your hearts content.
I am also entitled to my opinion that the Mccanns are being unfairly attacked on this thread. :twocents:

No, I meant exactly what I said....Attacked!!!!
While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and to play with the meaning of words to your hearts content.
I am also entitled to my opinion that the Mccanns are being unfairly attacked on this thread. :twocents:
If that is how you see it april4sky then so be it, I personally dont think they are being attacked, they are being blamed for the disappearance of their daughter which is fact, and their actions are not that of parents with a missing child, they have been proven liars. I could go on and on but the facts speak for themselves, and stating them is not an attack.

Whew, I didn't think I was going to be able to get back in tonight.

Hey, Shazza, I just want to say that I enjoy your responses to Aussie Mike's blog so much. Keep the zingers coming.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1274401,00.html

Madeleine Police Cancel Summer Holidays

http://sosmaddie.blogspot.com/

The following is a translation of the original French version:

By telephone a few minutes ago, spokesman for Police Judicial, Oleg de Sousa, has confirmed that swoops are imminent. Another source, close to the investigation, has confirmed that reinforcements have been sent from Lisbon and we are expecting an important breakthrough this week on the hunt for the kidnappers.

The net seems to be tightening around those responsible for Madeleine McCann's abduction.

New suspects have been identified and are currently being traced in order to be interrogated by PJ agents.

Robert Murat, who lives 100 meters from where Madeleine McCann disappeared and who remains, for the moment, the only suspect in the affair, was seized while he slept and taken in for questioning again. PJ believes that the abduction was perpetrated by more than one person.

Investigators believe that Madeleine is still in Portugal, a belief shared by parents Gerry and Kate McCann.

The McCanns have confirmed that they feel reassured by the developments in the investigation. Inspector Oleg de Sousa, spokesperson for PJ, has again admitted to “SOS Madeleine” that it's possible that some witness statuses may change to that of "accused".
Am a big fan of Aussie Mike, he is so candid and doesnt beat around the bush, they need people like him in on the investigation.

I just hope that this latest development leads them to Madelaine.
Praying with all my might.

That would never happen as I would have never left my children alone, and would not act the same way the McCanns are acting. Yes we have been here before and agreed to disagree, so why bring the subject about attacking the parents up again, we know how you feel about that and respect your opinion.

Let me propose some examples to explain the way I feel about why the McCanns should be charged with neglect.

Last summer a 5-year-old boy who lives near me drowned in his backyard swimming pool. His family and some friends had used the pool during the afternoon, and the last person out the fence forgot to latch the gate. Little Jason was playing outside after dinner and fell in. He was discovered several hours later. His parents were questioned by the police, and CPS investigated. Because they had tried to follow safety precautions, no charges were filed, nor were their remaining children removed from their care. However, they were chastised about the importance of making sure the pool gate was locked against small children getting inside. As tragic as it is, I think LE and CPS made the right decision because it was an unfortunate accident.

Second example-

Several years ago a young mother in my sister's town was arrested for child neglect. She had spent the morning running errands around town and returned to her apartment with her baby who was sound asleep. She put the baby down for a nap and shortly afterwards discovered she'd forgotten to stop by the store for groceries. Instead of waking up her daughter, she decided to pop down to the corner market and leave her sleeping.
Unfortunately for her, a neighbor had observed her arriving home and watched her leave without the child. Neighbor also knew the mother and baby were alone in their apartment (no sitter). So around a half-hour after Mom goes out the baby woke up and started to cry. Neighbor heard the crying and called 9-1-1. The police showed up and arrested the mother when she returned to the apartment. I believe she was allowed to plead down in charges and received a few days of jail time, community service and a fine. But it took her over a year to get her child back from CPS custody, (the baby had been living with the mother's sister), and she d a lot to prove before the baby came home. As the DA pointed out, anything could've happened- a fire, falling out of her crib or someone breaking in and kidnapping the little girl.

Third examples,

Over the past couple of years there have been several children who disappeared at night and were later found murdered. In some cases they know who did it, and some they don't. But I can tell you that when the parents make drastic mistakes which "cause" these disappearances, they come in for a lot of so-called harsh criticism. One parent invited a harmless-looking transient to stay the night with his family, and the next day the "guest" kidnapped, molested and murdered their daughter. Another parent didn't think anything was wrong with leaving his little one asleep on the living room couch while the father was in bed upstairs and the mother worked nights. That child either wandered outside, let someone in or was kidnapped. In both cases, CPS intervened because the parents made errors in judgment that had dire consequences for their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe