Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

OMAMA bbm above "weird witness" is a very kind understatement when it came to that "estate attorney." The defense intended, IMO, to add credence to the "fairy tale of Sievers not having any financial problems." Ha! It backfired. She said she was associated with a group of attorneys who consult with clients with net worth of at least 25 million dollars. Maybe so, but she won't be for long after listening to her disjointed speech, facial angst and failure to get to the point!! The point is, the Sievers did not have an "estate problem" because they did not have any money.... unless she suddenly died and the insurance proceeds (over 5 million dollars as I recall) were paid into the estate. And, I'll be darned.....guess what happened after MS consulted with her???? Teresa is suddenly killed and the insurance proceeds now fund an estate and provide a handsome annual income for the slovenly surviving spouse!!! (What a coincidence??...and we all know how sleuths feel about coincidences, huh?)
She was actually a better witness for the prosecutors and I am sure Mr. Hunter and Ms. Ross could not believe how beneficial it was for their case for Mummert to keep asking questions of this horrible witness. :D:D:D
Then again (because I try to look at both sides:rolleyes:) the witness, if she was uncomfortable with having to testify in the murder trial of her own physician....it could explain the "angst and or weirdness" of her answers.
My feeling of weird was meaning that I have never seen an expressive estate lawyer like her. Perhaps it was her after work hours personal demeanor but she seemed too chipper and was sugar coating the possibility of future expansion of T's practice way too much. It felt like she was coached in her answers... JMO

Much Ado About Nothing

I don't think the defense has anything to stand on. This two-page letter was written back in August of 2015. Pieces of the puzzle were just beginning to formulate. I would expect that Michele, having been close friends with Teresa, would have relayed her support to Mark in relation to the care of the girls. That is the least a normal friend would do. I am sure even strangers were offering Mark help with the girls, pets, or anything they could possibly do. If Mr. & Mrs. P were beginning to suspect anything, then it would have been crucial to keep relations going, for the sake of the girls, in case the girls needed to be rescued for their own safety, from Mark.

This August 2015 letter is much ado about nothing, in my book. Just plain human consideration. The defense is grasping at straws. And poor Jenny hasn't seen the light. She is either in denial of something so horrific being orchestrated by her step-son, or Mark still has her totally bamboozled with his lies.

The thing that really did it for me: When MS and CWW were in the same courtroom, in close proximity to each other, (shortly after MS had been arrested) ; If MS had been truly innocent, regardless of how many burly cops he had on top of him, and regardless of how he was instructed to behave in front of the court by his lawyers, I would've expected MS to FLY to CWW and tear every ounce of flesh from his bones with his teeth! Instead.....he did nothing.

Last edited:
I read "the letter" in question. (Froze the frames and enlarged from the news story. I can type most of the 2 page letter for you to read....AND IF ALLOWED BY @beach.) I think you will be so moved by the absolutely selfless efforts this woman was willing to make in order to care for Teresa's daughters. (I came away with so much sadness. She was being a good and loyal friend to Teresa. I'm thinking MS knew the noose was tightening and he used this kind couple again! He played on their concern for the girls. Plain and simple.) NEVER ONCE did Mrs.P ever write the words "we feel" or "my husband thinks or "feels the same" as his wife feels. The letter is absolutely gut wrenching in that Mrs. P was willing to do what ever she needed to do in order to take care of Teresa's children because she was asked. (I remember those months after Teresa's murder and wondering if the girls would be safe while LE was compiling evidence on the case. I know many sleuths were also worried about the girls' safety, too.) There is nothing sinister, contradicting or revealing in the letter!! It was because Mrs. P was close to Teresa and worried about the girls. Apparently MS made a comment/request to Dr. P (right around the time CurtisWW was arrested), about taking care of the girls, when and if he was arrested. Dr. P already stated he and his wife were concerned about the girls.....so that is not a contradiction. I think MS was getting a tad bit worried since his "lifelong friend, brother-from-another-mother, evil doppleganger" was under intense scrutiny my detectives, the hawks were circling, and it was just a matter of time before CWW was going to be arrested. The letter from Mrs.P was written Aug 15, 2015 in response to a request made by MS in August 2015. Oh well, just goes to show you just how "intuitive" MS must be... Curtis Wayne Wright was arrested, a mere 12 days later, Aug 27, 2015! (Wonder if we'll ever get the details of his short-lived attempt to speed out of the area?) Of course Mrs.P said (paraphrasing) "unwavering support ","I have confidence in you", etc, etc, etc. (Carrie Kain already related how everyone had to agree with MarkS, or else he would cut off communication. Mark S did not/does not like anyone to disagree with him!)
I sure would have liked to have read/heard the phone calls between MS and CWW in the weeks just before his arrest at the end of August. Bettcha there were a lot of "O's" being thrown around, as in "Oh, NO! Oh, NO!"
Bottom line, the letter doesn't contradict anything DrP said. IMO it is a farcical reach. Good night, see y'all in the morning.

Last edited:
Much Ado About Nothing

I don't think the defense has anything to stand on. This two-page letter was written back in August of 2015. Pieces of the puzzle were just beginning to formulate. I would expect that Michele, having been close friends with Teresa, would have relayed her support to Mark in relation to the care of the girls. That is the least a normal friend would do. I am sure even strangers were offering Mark help with the girls, pets, or anything they could possibly do. If Mr. & Mrs. P were beginning to suspect anything, then it would have been crucial to keep relations going, for the sake of the girls, in case the girls needed to be rescued for their own safety, from Mark.

This August 2015 letter is much ado about nothing, in my book. Just plain human consideration. The defense is grasping at straws. And poor Jenny hasn't seen the light. She is either in denial of something so horrific being orchestrated by her step-son, or Mark still has her totally bamboozled with his lies.

The thing that really did it for me: When MS and CWW were in the same courtroom, in close proximity to each other, (shortly after MS had been arrested) ; If MS had been truly innocent, regardless of how many burly cops he had on top of him, and regardless of how he was instructed to behave in front of the court by his lawyers, I would've expected MS to FLY to CWW and tear every ounce of flesh from his bones with his teeth! Instead.....he did nothing.
ARACHNE 1:):):) You described the situation perfectly! Great insight and always far less "wordy" than my post, of course.

ARACHNE 1:):):) You described the situation perfectly! Great insight and always far less "wordy" than my post, of course.

Are you kidding me? I struggle to put my thoughts in print, due to mild brain damage I suffered from a heat stroke. It is torturous, but I accept the challege. I enjoy the opportunity given to me by Websleuths. I always look forward to reading your posts, as they are always kind, with a sense of humor. I'm guessing you are a professional writer, as your words are always fluid and their intentions are easy to digest. Thank you for all you do, for all of us.

I read "the letter" in question. (Froze the frames and enlarged from the news story. I can type most of the 2 page letter for you to read....AND IF ALLOWED BY @beach.) I think you will be so moved by the absolutely selfless efforts this woman was willing to make in order to care for Teresa's daughters. (I came away with so much sadness. She was being a good and loyal friend to Teresa. I'm thinking MS knew the noose was tightening and he used this kind couple again! He played on their concern for the girls. Plain and simple.) NEVER ONCE did Mrs.P ever write the words "we feel" or "my husband thinks or "feels the same" as his wife feels. The letter is absolutely gut wrenching in that Mrs. P was willing to do what ever she needed to do in order to take care of Teresa's children because she was asked. (I remember those months after Teresa's murder and wondering if the girls would be safe while LE was compiling evidence on the case. I know many sleuths were also worried about the girls' safety, too.) There is nothing sinister, contradicting or revealing in the letter!! It was because Mrs. P was close to Teresa and worried about the girls. Apparently MS made a comment/request to Dr. P (right around the time CurtisWW was arrested), about taking care of the girls, when and if he was arrested. Dr. P already stated he and his wife were concerned about the girls.....so that is not a contradiction. I think MS was getting a tad bit worried since his "lifelong friend, brother-from-another-mother, evil doppleganger" was under intense scrutiny my detectives, the hawks were circling, and it was just a matter of time before CWW was going to be arrested. The letter from Mrs.P was written Aug 15, 2015 in response to a request made by MS in August 2015. Oh well, just goes to show you just how "intuitive" MS must be... Curtis Wayne Wright was arrested, a mere 12 days later, Aug 27, 2015! (Wonder if we'll ever get the details of his short-lived attempt to speed out of the area?) Of course Mrs.P said (paraphrasing) "unwavering support ","I have confidence in you", etc, etc, etc. (Carrie Kain already related how everyone had to agree with MarkS, or else he would cut off communication. Mark S did not/does not like anyone to disagree with him!)
I sure would have liked to have read/heard the phone calls between MS and CWW in the weeks just before his arrest at the end of August. Bettcha there were a lot of "O's" being thrown around, as in "Oh, NO! Oh, NO!"
Bottom line, the letter doesn't contradict anything DrP said. IMO it is a farcical reach. Good night, see y'all in the morning.
If you're allowed I'd love to see what you can make of the letter. I could only make out the top third-ish of page one.

In case anyone missed it @Oregonmama found Dr. P's third deposition taken between JRR's and MS's trials:

Jimmy Ray Rodgers Sentenced to LIFE IN PRISON

Are you kidding me? I struggle to put my thoughts in print, due to mild brain damage I suffered from a heat stroke. It is torturous, but I accept the challege. I enjoy the opportunity given to me by Websleuths. I always look forward to reading your posts, as they are always kind, with a sense of humor. I'm guessing you are a professional writer, as your words are always fluid and their intentions are easy to digest. Thank you for all you do, for all of us.
ARACHNE1... (I wondered which one of us was going to fall asleep first as we were "the late night posters" on this thread, Friday. My secret is the "one hour edit button" and no more PUI's, ie, "Posting Under the Influence." The second glass of wine makes me a little testy;))
But I digress. MrsP's letter was the ultimate supplication for the safety of the girls. I read nothing but concern, Motherly love and a marvelous woman willing to do anything to keep the channel of communications open in an increasingly fearful situation. Rumors were getting louder, MS getting paranoid, and closing off anyone who dared to disagree with him.
I have read the letter many times as I retyped her words....and dhaaang...I couldn't help shake the thought this is exactly how a "trained hostage negotiator" would talk to a perp, coaxing them off a ledge or making sure the hostages will be safe and peaceful resolution found to end the crisis:
I understand your feelings... (your crazy *advertiser censored* feelings are validated.)
I feel the same way, too...(mirroring his emotions)
I am here for you... (supplication and bonding)
Never, never mention the crime ie, ("Teresa was murdered" but she never mentions the words crime, criminal, guilt etc.)
How can I help you.? ... (make perp feel in control of choices)
We have plenty of options.... (it doesn't have to end badly)

Anyway, it was absolutely amazing!! I think there were many unsung heroes who worked tirelessly to keep those children safe.
BTW...I read DrP's deposition, all 108 pages in one night and wrote 6 pages of notes & thoughts about its content. What was noteworthy for me, was DrP's insistence at meeting at the beach when dealing with Mark Sievers.. hmmmm, the beach would allow for a public and open area, easy surveillance, beach wear makes it harder to conceal a weapon and definitely cut the escape routes in half! (Unless MS is an exceptionally fast swimmer.:D:D)

Last edited:
ARACHNE1... (I wondered which one of us was going to fall asleep first as we were "the late night posters" on this thread, Friday. My secret is the "one hour edit button" and no more PUI's, ie, "Posting Under the Influence." The second glass of wine mteresa's love for her daughtersakes me a little testy;))
But I digress. MrsP's letter was the ultimate supplication for the safety of the girls I read nothing but concern, Motherly love and a marvelous woman willing to do anything to keep the channel of communications open in an increasingly fearful situation. Rumors were getting louder, MS getting paranoid, and closing off anyone who dared to disagree with him.
I have read the letter many times as I retyped her words....and dhaaang...I couldn't help shake the thought this is exactly how a "trained hostage negotiator" would talk to a perp, coaxing them off a ledge or making sure the hostages will be safe and peaceful resolution found to end the crisis:
I understand your feelings... (your crazy *advertiser censored* feelings are validated.)
Never, never mention the crime ie, ("Teresa was murdered" but she never mentions the words crime, criminal, guilt etc.)

Anyway, it was absolutely amazing!! I think there were many unsung heroes who worked tirelessly to keep those children safe.
BTW...I read DrP's deposition, all 108 pages in one night and wrote 6 pages of notes & thoughts about its content. What was noteworthy for me, was DrP's insistence at meeting at the beach when dealing with Mark Sievers.. hmmmm, the beach would allow for a public and open area, easy surveillance, beach wear makes it harder to conceal a weapon and definitely cut the escape routes in half! (Unless MS is an exceptionally fast swimmer.:D:D)
I'm definitely viewing Mrs P going to the beach with Mark in a different light now.

ARACHNE1... (I wondered which one of us was going to fall asleep first as we were "the late night posters" on this thread, Friday. My secret is the "one hour edit button" and no more PUI's, ie, "Posting Under the Influence." The second glass of wine makes me a little testy;))
But I digress. MrsP's letter was the ultimate supplication for the safety of the girls. I read nothing but concern, Motherly love and a marvelous woman willing to do anything to keep the channel of communications open in an increasingly fearful situation. Rumors were getting louder, MS getting paranoid, and closing off anyone who dared to disagree with him.

Ha! I'm an insomniac, and as such--I have no pattern! I should make a resolution to drink more of the red stuff this year--it's good for the platelets, after all!

Yet, another brilliant psychological synopsis by you, IQ!

When I first heard that MS was MIA for 4 hours, I knew that some other crisis was underfoot. The Ps were super-brave to engage this psycopath. I am sure those 4 hours were excruciating for them. They most likely did not want to meet with him, as they feared MS, and knew he was unpredictable. They just HAD to do it; for Teresa, for the girls, for Justice. God bless them for their efforts!

I'm definitely viewing Mrs P going to the beach with Mark in a different light now.

Taking a line from my favorite band, Earth, Wind, and Fire-- Life ain't always what it seems, oh yeah. Oh, yeah!

Not to worry, LB. We were all wondering about what other twists and turns this story could bring. And we're still not through with what else may come of this, in relation to murder(s)

Hope none of the demons can watch the marvelous quarterback, Patrick Mahomes of the Kansas City Chiefs on the telly! 28-17, so far. We like Ryan Tannehill, as well, with the Tennessee Titans, as he used to play for Miami.

Final: TN 24 - KC 35

Last edited:
As far as his demeanor. He seemed happy go lucky I know I looked silly saying he was whistling but he was.. Typical picture... Mark with ear buds in and a smile on his face. I do not know if it was a facade or what. This went on until things started getting heavy. Then he seemed IMO to be extremely aggressive and would do things to try to intimidate, I do not scare easily but he made me nervous several times until I decided that was his intention and that I would not allow him to make me nervous. My husband called him after his last intimidation stunt and let him know we would call LE every time that he showed up at the office if he continued to do this.
As for the gun incident.... Fun fact... He was an owner and he has the right to carry guns. I did not see him directly for a LONG time.
He was happy go lucky like it never happened. IMO as bizarre as this sounds it is what it is.
BBM above:
Something about MS suggesting to CWW, as per his testimony in court, shoot Teresa as she was leaving the office building sounded so familiar. ie, I wasn't shocked at the suggestion because I recalled there was an incident in which MS pulled a gun on a female in the back stairwell as she exited the building. WHO DOES SOMETHING LIKE THAT???? Was that another one of MS's "dry runs" as he developed his scheme? Gosh, who knows what was going on in that diabolical mind? We already heard about him doing odd things on the roof. We already heard about him suddenly standing, uninvited, in his neighbors back yard. It makes me wonder just how long and how many scenarios he went through in developing his evil plan. No matter what is produced in his appeal, it can never undo the evidence of the presented on the burner phones!
To this day, as far as I know, there has been no reason given by the defense for the use of the burner phones. Perhaps I missed a reason the defense gave for the phones? Btw... I could have missed it, but I don't think so.

BBM above:
Something about MS suggesting to CWW, as per his testimony in court, shoot Teresa as she was leaving the office building sounded so familiar. ie, I wasn't shocked at the suggestion because I recalled there was an incident in which MS pulled a gun on a female in the back stairwell as she exited the building. WHO DOES SOMETHING LIKE THAT???? Was that another one of MS's "dry runs" as he developed his scheme? Gosh, who knows what was going on in that diabolical mind? We already heard about him doing odd things on the roof. We already heard about him suddenly standing, uninvited, in his neighbors back yard. It makes me wonder just how long and how many scenarios he went through in developing his evil plan. No matter what is produced in his appeal, it can never undo the evidence of the presented on the burner phones!
To this day, as far as I know, there has been no reason given by the defense for the use of the burner phones. Perhaps I missed a reason the defense gave for the phones? Btw... I could have missed it, but I don't think so.

No, IQ. I don't think you ever miss a thing! And you're right. The pings don't lie, and no alternative scenario was ever offered by defense. Because, there is none. But you just reminded me of Curtis continually reiterating in his testimonies that he is a felon, and he is not allowed to own a gun, and he makes it a point to stay away from guns (which is why he uses hammers). So how did he intend to "shoot" Teresa at the Arcos building, and anybody else that would happen to be with her, if he didn't have a gun? Blooper! And whatever happened to that gun that someone took away from AW, because she might use it on herself? Was that CWW's scratched-off gun? Why was someone scared AW would use it on herself? Was CWW planning on making AW disappear? Possibilities exist, since nothing is sacred here.

Another thing that popped into my mind, since I can't sleep is...during Mark's convo with Dr.P on the eve of her brutal murder, I think it was circa 7:30-8:00pm, and after Bonnie's last visit: At no point did Mark point out to Dr.P that the alarm was not set, that Bonnie was having trouble setting it, and that he had concerns about his wife's safety. Mark didn't ask Dr. P to meet Teresa at the airport, nor to meet her at the house. As far as I recollect, and I don't know if this was ever asked of the girls during the last time they face-timed her and prayed : Did anybody hear Mark remind Teresa that the alarm was not working? "And don't forget, hon. The alarm isn't working. I've already spoken to Dr.P, and he said no problem at all, he'll follow you from the airport, or he'll meet you at the house. Just give him a call, because THE ALARM IS NOT WORKING, and I know how terrified you are to be in that house alone. Make sure Dr. P checks every room and every closet, and under the beds". No. I'm pretty sure daddy didn't say any of those things, at all.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back