MD MD- Baltimore, BlkMale, 50-90, UP2705, vacant building, lottery tickets, hospital bracelet with name James F. Johnson and other info. Feb 1998.

cheemsg

Reaction score

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Demographics​

Biological Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 90
Estimated Age Range (Years): 50-90
Estimated Year of Death: 1996
Estimated PMI: Years
Height: 5' 5"(65 inches) , Estimated

Circumstances​

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: February 24, 1998
NamUs Case Created: October 12, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed: October 13, 2008

Location Found Map

County: Baltimore City
Circumstances of Recovery: Subject found in vacant building by work crew.

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Clothing and Accessories​

Lottery tickets in pocket dated 5/2/1988/ Plastic hospital bracelet with "James F. Johnson" 1-(unreadable) 25, Dr Gayoso Room 426B Phone number 410-744-3950

Gray nylon jacket, tan shirt, green sweater, tan pants, tan corduroy pants, brown belt and Green socks

I guess he was transient and in hospital shortly before he passed away.
There are records for an El. Gayoso who practised Internal Medicine in Baltimore. Quite certainly his doctor. Practised in st joseph medical center in baltimore. this doctor passed in 2001, phone nr. on UIDs bracelet is also his number.
Why cant the UID be idd by the name on the bracelet? So solveable.

Last edited:
I guess he was transient and in hospital shortly before he passed away.
There are records for an El. Gayoso who practised Internal Medicine in Baltimore. Quite certainly his doctor. Practised in st joseph medical center in baltimore. this doctor passed in 2001, phone nr. on UIDs bracelet is also his number.
Why cant the UID be idd by the name on the bracelet? So solveable.
I agree that this solveable. It's likely he was indeed a patient of Dr. Gayoso so his medical records should have been available. If someone goes to the ER and they don't have a regular doctor, would the staff doctor's name be put on their bracelet? I'm thinking not likely as there may a group of doctors rotating during that time. The 1... 25 could indicate a date of birth or medical records/chart number.

He was found in 1998 and his death is estimated to be 2 years prior, 1996. However, the lottery tickets were almost 10 years old. They would have been useless after about a year. Maybe they were his lucky numbers or a draw when he was very close to winning the jackpot? What's the chances they are some typos with some dates associated with his case?

If someone goes to the ER and they don't have a regular doctor, would the staff doctor's name be put on their bracelet?
If he was admitted to the medical ward, it would be the internist or hospitalist on duty.
I wonder if this gentleman had such a common name that they can't figure out which James F. Johnson out of hundreds upon hundreds he was. If he had no ID on him they probably can't search him.

From his Doe Network profile:

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Healed right cheek fracture. Old healed fracture or torn ligament of the right femur.

Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.

Circumstances of Discovery The victim's skeletal remains were found by a work crew in a vacant building at 1914 Edmondson Avenue in Baltimore.

Ill see if this man haves a Census record even tho it says his PMI is years I may be able to find him in a very old census ngl.. I’ll see what I come up with I look back and saw the sate for the lottery tickets for 5/2/1988 so maybe he was dead after that date (maybe incase he died the same day) which actually helps me determine the census okay did some more now this is kinda helpful I suspect that the 1(unreadable) 25 is his birthday it’s cause the lottery ticket and that date does not add up
So if I am kinda right his birthday would be 1-0(0)-25 most bands ik have birthdates some May not (did some more digging the address was last brought June 29 1982) I csnt find who bought it nor does it have info on who did? I did do some searching I got a man born in Ohio and another born in Indiana my first two search’s at the top which are the best results? Which makes me think this man wasn’t born in Maryland

Last edited:
If that was his birthday he would be 73 at his time of death which fits the age range 50-90

Timelines (From what I got)
Born 1 - ?? - 1925 (POssibily could be find in a 1930,1940 or 1950 census)
May 4th 1982 (Elmo Gayoso Company is built/available)
1914 Edmondson Building was Buyed June 29 1982
Lottery Tickets Purchase May, 2 1988
Body found Feb.24.1998 (73) at age of death
I'm not sure if this is right please correct me if I am wrong But this should be easy to solve if we can find a man who matches his Info in a census for 1930-1950
Now most likey based on the PMi He could've went to the doctor between 1982-1996
(I wanna say 1996 or 1995) Some people do take off their bracelet once they leave the hospital (Some) So Maybe he didn't get a chance to and died? not sure I'm going to go back today and see if I can find him
(I'll be doing like the people whho I find in another message)

Last edited:
James Johnson Born 1925 Parents Thomas and Helen Johnson In south Carolina With 9 siblings (If I counted correctly)
James Johnson Born 1925 Maryland Parents Henry Johnson and Susanna Johnson
James Johnson Born 1925 Maryland Parents (MAYBE: Walter Johnson and Rosa Johnson) (These could be him not 100% Sure) I don't think there going to give us anymore info besides the one thats available online (if someone would like to try they could) They are loads of James Johnson info I have does shorten down but not enough really (Since I don't know These follows James Johnson could not be born on January 1925 as I couldn't find their Month of birth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861
Back