Found Deceased MD - Malachi Lawson, 4, *autistic*, Baltimore, 1 August 2019 *Arrests*

According to charging documents, Malachi Lawson suffered severe burns after a scalding hot bath. Concerned that the boy might be taken from them or that they may be charged, the women tried to treat the severe burns themselves for more than a week.

The burns were so bad, Malachi's skin was allegedly floating in the bathwater when they pulled him from the tub, according to the charging documents.

But police tested the water temperature at the Lawsons' home in the 1800 block of North Spring Street Saturday and the temperature never got above lukewarm.

Nine days after the bath, Alicia Lawson found Malachi Lawson unresponsive. That's when she wrapped her son in a blanket, took a Lyft to a dumpster, and tossed him in the dumpster inside a trash bag.

Shatika said she placed Malachi into the tub of water, but neither woman sought medical attention for Malachi during the 10 days he was allegedly injured, according to court documents. Instead seeking to hide his injuries for the sake of their own wellbeing, which resulted in his death."

Alicia Lawson, who pleaded guilty in 2021, was sentenced to Life, suspend all but 30 years, and five years of probation.

NSRAMOFAYFAZ5PYQJCEMZL2AP4.jpg
“I’m going to mourn about him forever,” Lawson, 44, said at her sentencing on a charge of child abuse resulting in death on Wednesday at the Clarence M. Mitchell Jr. Courthouse in Baltimore. “He was a part of me: my morning, noon and night.”

The prosecution said Lawson changed her story multiple times placing the blame on her co-defendant, Alicia Lawson, 29.

The prosecution said that Shateka was just as responsible and as equal a parent as Alicia, the biological mother, for the death.

Defense attorney Roya Hanna, asked the court for a lesser sentence of life, suspending all but 18 years, claiming that Shateka wasn’t intellectually capable of understanding what was happening. However, the court denied the motion.

The judge told Shateka that she should have taken the child to get medical help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back