Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - how does this work? If the forensics against A & R are no good, the forensics against RG are no good. There is other evidence against RG, but his forensics were conducted at the same time A & R's were, so if these tests are no good for one, they are no good for all.

I guess they are just confirmed because RG's appeals are over? I would think if the forensics agains A & R are thrown out, then RG should appeal to the Supreme Court and have the forensics against him thrown out? Maybe get a new trial?

Just jumping off your post OGirl...

Salem
Exactly. His lawyers have already announced they would request a reopening of his case would that happen.

Okay - how does this work? If the forensics against A & R are no good, the forensics against RG are no good. There is other evidence against RG, but his forensics were conducted at the same time A & R's were, so if these tests are no good for one, they are no good for all.

I guess they are just confirmed because RG's appeals are over? I would think if the forensics agains A & R are thrown out, then RG should appeal to the Supreme Court and have the forensics against him thrown out? Maybe get a new trial?

Salem

I think that RG's foresics are considered confirmed because they were never contested.

Rudy opted for a fast track trial that provided for limited defense and as a result an automatic 1/3 reduction in sentence.

Rudy may indeed ask for a new appeal, or at least have the forensics against him be reexamined. One problem for him is that there is fingerprint and shoeprint evidence against him -- not just DNA), and he also has admitted to being in the apartment.

It seems to me that the pillow over the face is a mistranslation of the statements that AK gave overnight Nov. 5-6 2007, right before her arrest. In those statements, AK changed her account of her movements (that she was at RS' apartment the entire evening) to say that she ment her boss at the apartment because the bar she worked at was closed. She then said that her boss, Patrick Lumumba, want into Meredith's bedroom with her while Amanda stayed in the kitchen, and she vaguely remembered him killing her. I have linked to a site to download both statements in a previous post.

Amanda retratacted these statement in a note 1 pm that afternoon and continued to maintain that she was at RS's apartment since then.

Edited to add: If you are in the US, 20/20 will be doing a story on the case tonight. I expect that they will have a pro-innocence slant but it will probably be a good primer on the basics of the case.

To see the not-guilty arguments, I recommend Injustice in Perugia.

Pro-guilty arguments can be seen at Perugia Murder File. This site split into two a few months back, but they have similar information. Link here: PMF.org or PMF.net

You rock! I've been trying to follow it a day late and a dollar short It's a very confusing case and since I follow, usually, trials very close... everyone has been asking my opinion, which I have yet to form. So I've been doing homework this week preparing for the verdict. Again, thanks so much!~

You rock! I've been trying to follow it a day late and a dollar short It's a very confusing case and since I follow, usually, trials very close... everyone has been asking my opinion, which I have yet to form. So I've been doing homework this week preparing for the verdict. Again, thanks so much!~

You're welcome... and

Welcome to the thread!
:welcome:

Please ask any questions you have. There are a lot of well-versed people here.

Salem

That. That would be up to him and his lawyers to deal with if A & R's are thrown out.
I believe the defense and the independent experts have refuted all forensic evidence the Prosecution introduced against A & R.
That is my belief, others believe what they want.:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member