MI - Man sues Olive Garden alleging there was a rat's foot in his minestrone

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
A Michigan man is suing Olive Garden, alleging that he found a rat’s foot in a bite of minestrone soup.

According to the complaint, filed Friday in Macomb County against the restaurant and an LLC in Michigan called Olive Garden Holdings, Thomas Howie went out to dinner with friends in March at a restaurant in Warren, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit.

Howie, who lives in nearby Oakland County, ordered minestrone soup, according to the lawsuit, then felt a stabbing pain from a sharp object that hooked in his cheek as he tried to swallow a spoonful.

When he spat the food into a napkin, the complaint says, he saw a hairy, clawed rodent foot, which prompted him to vomit...

Not buying this for a second. Would have to be intentionally put in there for this to happen.

Not going to be surprised if they find that this guy has a history of filing cheesy (no pun intended) lawsuits like this.

Not buying this for a second. Would have to be intentionally put in there for this to happen.

Not going to be surprised if they find that this guy has a history of filing cheesy (no pun intended) lawsuits like this.
LOL! Thanks for the laugh :D

I'm a bit skeptical about this entire episode. I hope inspectors were brought in to see if there are telltale signs of rat infestation in the restaurant. If not, it's likely a "cheesy" claim. JMO

Last edited:
LOL! Thanks for the laugh :D

I'm a bit skeptical about this entire episode. I hope inspectors were brought in to see if there are telltale signs of rat infestation in the restaurant. If not, it's likely a "cheesy" claim. JMO
You're welcome:)

From what I read, they already inspected the restaurant and found no evidence of insect or rodent problems.

The fact that he was only asking for $25K smacks of a con man and his attorney looking to get a quick and easy payout from a large corporation.

You're welcome:)

From what I read, they already inspected the restaurant and found no evidence of insect or rodent problems.

The fact that he was only asking for $25K smacks of a con man and his attorney looking to get a quick and easy payout from a large corporation.
Maybe the guy carries around a severed rat's foot key ring as a good luck charm and decided, "Today is my lucky day!"

Last edited:

Olive Garden rat soup? Wisconsin man Thomas Howie claims he bit into a RAT'S FOOT while eating bowl of minestrone soup from restaurant​

• Thomas Howie, 54, says he was at dinner with friends at the eatery's Warren, Michigan, location on March 11 when he made the unsettling discovery
  • While talking to his companions and not looking at the food, he said he felt a sharp object 'stab' his cheek and was left horrified when he spit out the spoonful
  • The culprit, he said, was a rat claw - he filed suit August 18 demanding more than $75,000 in damages

This is right around the block from me and this is the first I've heard of this. I hope this is not true as that would be really gross. I don't believe they make any of their soups or sauces fresh though so if anything, it would have been from the manufacturer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb
Back