MI MI - Temperance, UnkSex&Race UP75236, UnkAge, partial remains recovered, possible name: Clayton Iott, Feb'19

Romulus

Reaction score
Unidentified Person/NamUs #UP75236
Unsure, Uncertain
Date Body Found: February 6, 2019
Location Found: Temperance, Michigan
Estimated Age Range--
Possible First Name: Clayton
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name: Iott

Circumstances of Recovery: Partial Remains recovered

They don't know the sex or the race but they have a possible name? That's odd. Maybe ID found nearby? Partial remains could mean not enough to determine sex by remains alone, but DNA would tell them.

There are a couple of people with that name that I can find but I don't think any can be this person. There was someone with that name who died in Monroe, Michigan in 1991. Monroe is just a 20 minute drive from Temperance. Maybe this could be his son/nephew/other relative? Or someone who had his ID for some reason? Or maybe Clayton's ID just happened to be nearby and it's a red herring.

Correction for the title; it's Clayton IOTT with an i. There is an old man named Clayton Iott who died in Monroe County, MI in 1991, and I wonder if they think his remains got swept out of his grave or something.

Clayton C. Iott (1898-1991) | WikiTree FREE Family Tree
That's who I found too. You could be right, I've read that they struggle to get DNA from remains that have been embalmed. That could be why they haven't been able to compare the remains to Clayton or test for male/female.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back