MI - Two children killed when drunk driver crashes into birthday party - April 21, 2024

Female suspect is a high-profile individual in the local community is my guess.
I’ve been following this case, and I am reminded of a vehicular crime back ten years ago where I lived. A woman ran over a police bicycle officer, left the scene of the accident, and a week later her attorney provided information that she was the person who hit the officer and fled the scene.

She was suspected of being under the influence at the time of the accident but since she fled the scene and didn’t turn herself in for a week there was no way of course to prove it.

She received no jail time for hit and run, which resulted in the death of the officer, and fleeing the scene.

How strange they didn't use this money to find her a good rehab centre before she allegedly hit the bottom.

Alcoholism is difficult to combat without help.

How is she going to keep off alcohol during on bail?

At least, in jail she might have got some therapy and detox.
Medical staff would keep an eye on her.

It seems to me she is in the grip of long-term addiction.

ALLEGEDLY!!!

JMO
Someone can have all the money and resources available, but in the end it’s up to them to stop. Maybe she’s gone to rehab before? Sad all the way around.

Someone can have all the money and resources available, but in the end it’s up to them to stop. Maybe she’s gone to rehab before? Sad all the way around.

I guess she will get "free rehab" in the years to come.
Maaaaany years.
Judging by her age, it might be lifetime rehab.

Pity it will be too late for innocent victims :(

JMO

MONROE, Mich. (FOX 2) - The 66-year-old Monroe County woman charged in the deaths of two siblings that prosecutors allege happened because she was drunk was in court for a probable cause conference Tuesday morning.

Marshella Chidester of Newport waived her right to the 21-day rule to have her preliminary exam scheduled. Her attorney said the amount of discovery in the case would require more time to prepare for the appearance.

The exam date was scheduled for June 27 at 8:20 a.m.

The prosecution said it could take a day, maybe more to get through the exam. Defense attorney Bill Colovos said he may also call two witnesses for the exam...

Photos released of the immediate aftermath of the Swan Boat Club crash that killed two children and left nearly a dozen more people injured show a scene that victims said looks "like a bomb went off," the civil attorney representing the victims said Wednesday.

Detroit attorney Jon Marko added seven victims to the lawsuit he filed last week representing the victims of the crash, joining Mariah Dodds and her son, the mother and brother of the two children who died in the crash. Dodds' two children, 4-year-old Zayn Phillips and 8-year-old Alanah Phillips, were killed in the crash.

Some crash victims thought that a bomb had been planted in the club because of the force the car had when it went through the wall, landing 25 feet into the building, Marko said during a virtual press conference.

"It does look like a bomb went off (in the boat club)," Marko said. "If I showed these photos to you without any context and you saw the devastation and wreckage..., it looks like a bomb went off."...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back