MI MI - Victor Credland, 28, Bedford Township, 14 February 1974

Tuck

Reaction score
*Some of this information is taken from an unverified source, and will be italicised accordingly.

Name - Victor Vaughn Bruce Credland

Last Seen -
02/14/1974

Missing From -
Temperance (Monroe County) or Hancock (Houghton County)

Age -

Race -
White

Sex -
Male

Hair Color -
Brown (crew cut-flat top)

Eye Color -
Brown

Height -

Weight -

Medical Details -
Missing distal half of index finger on the right hand.

Clothing -
N/A

Circumstances - According to the Namus file, the missing person was last seen at a residence he was staying at in Temperance (within the confines of Bedford Township), with foul play strongly suspected as the cause of his demise.

The alternate source states that he is originally from the Chatham - Eben Junction area of Alger County, which is much closer to the Hancock location which the second source mentions as his location of disappearance. This source suggests that he disappeared in the Hancock area, but that the missing person report was filed in Temperance, which is possible as both parents were originally from the Alger area according to marriage records (which is comparatively far closer to Bedford Township than Hancock), and the missing persons last known address was in the township. The source also states that he was a merchant marine at the time of disappearance, and was unmarried with no children.

This source appeared on an ancestry website in 2001, which is correlative with someone searching for him as is the presence of a DNA submission on his Namus file. The source states that he had intentions to move to Australia to start a new life, which poses a discrepancy regarding the ruling of foul play.

Sources -
http://www.inyourgenes.com.au/ancestor_locator.htm#view

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21910/7

According to the genealogy link above Victor went to Eben High School in Eben Junction, MI. Can anyone find a yearbook photo? I struck out with Ancestry. I can't find any records on him at all except that he is in a family tree created on Ancestry. The tree says "Unknown" for his death.

Victor Vaughn Bruce Credland

Last seen alive: February 13, 1974 at 07:45

Circumstances: Credland was last seen at a residence he was staying at in Bedford Twp. It is believed that there was foul play involved in his disappearance.

First Name: Victor Vaughn
Middle Name: Vaughn
Last Name: Credland
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 28
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 70.0
Weight: 160.0
State: Michigan
County: Monroe
Appearance
Hair: Brown
Head Hair: Crew cut-flat top
Eye: Brown
Clothing and Accessories
Transportation

Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: 300 Series
Year: 1965
Vehicle Color: Green
Tag Type: Passenger autom
Tag Number: BKT819
Tag State: Michigan
Expiration Year: 1973

LINK:

Victor Vaughn Credland - Michigan Missing Person Directory

What made them suspect that there was foul playing involved? I wonder if there is some testimony from the last people that saw him

This is a relative of mine through my father. They were cousins. My father referred to him as "Vaughn", I'm not sure if thats the name he went by, but I never heard "Victor" until I searched for him online. He went missing in lower Michigan (Bedford Township), not Hancock. My father told me that Vaughn's family had hired a private detective but he was never located.

This is a relative of mine through my father. They were cousins. My father referred to him as "Vaughn", I'm not sure if thats the name he went by, but I never heard "Victor" until I searched for him online. He went missing in lower Michigan (Bedford Township), not Hancock. My father told me that Vaughn's family had hired a private detective but he was never located.

Does your father have any other information? Any photo of him?

Does your father have any other information? Any photo of him?

Not that I am aware of. I am planning on contacting relatives on that side of the family to do more research. I do know that there is still a detective who is assigned this investigation in Bedford Township. I know Vaughn was a merchant marine, this information is correct so there should be records there. I also know he went missing one night from his apartment and was never seen again (no reports) I’m not sure why foul play was suspected above other causes but am planning to talk with the detective in charge of the case.

This person isn’t on doe network so I don’t know if they have a dna sample - do you know @PumaCat ?

This person isn’t on doe network so I don’t know if they have a dna sample - do you know @PumaCat ?

I'm sure Vaughn doesn't have a DNA sample available, given the year of his disappearance. However, I know relatives on my father's side have summitted samples to genealogy sites(these would also be Vaughn's 1st cousins). I'm wondering about the unidentified John Doe listed above; is it possible there is a viable sample from this person?

I'm sure Vaughn doesn't have a DNA sample available, given the year of his disappearance. However, I know relatives on my father's side have summitted samples to genealogy sites(these would also be Vaughn's 1st cousins). I'm wondering about the unidentified John Doe listed above; is it possible there is a viable sample from this person?
No way to tell anymore, they have cut us off from so much info. If you submit the match to namus you might find out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal
Back