CANADA Michael McGray - serial killer in Nova Scotia

Snoopster

Reaction score
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...erial-killer-brenda-way-glen-assoun-1.5209623

After his arrest for the deaths of Moncton woman Joan Hicks and her 11-year old daughter in 1997, McGray began to speak to police and media about additional killings he committed, stretching back over a decade and spanning the country.

As confessions continued, he alternatively claimed to have killed anywhere between 12 and 16 people, though was only ever convicted of seven.

I couldn't find a thread for this guy. He came to media attention again this week, as he is a possible suspect in a case where someone else spent 17 years in prison before being declared innocent. Michael McGray is one of the main other suspects in the case.

McGray often spoke of an "urge to kill," in interviews, one that he said had existed since he was a child, and wouldn't cease after imprisonment.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...erial-killer-brenda-way-glen-assoun-1.5209623

Known victims:
- 1985: Elizabeth Gail Tucker (17 yo). Hitchhiker in Nova Scotia.
- 1987: Mark Hicks stabbing death. New Brunswick.
- 1991: two men in Montreal while on weekend pass from prison. (Robert Assaly and Gaetan Ethier)
- 1997: Joan Hicks and her 11 yo daughter, Nina. Moncton, NB.
- 2010: Jeremy Phillips (33 yo). Cellmate who he strangled to death.

"I wish I could say I felt bad for the victims because that's what society wants to hear, but I don't," he told CBC News in 2000. "There's no emotion at all."

Michael Wayne McGray - Wikipedia

Suspect in:
- 1990 Leah Sousa (13), Cumberland Beach, Ontario. Leah's mother was also injured in the attack.
- 1995 Brenda Way murder. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. [Glen Assoun originally charged, spent 17 years in prison, but now declared innocent.]

I am sure there are other details and possible cases. I'm looking to others to add other possible victims and correct any mistakes that I've made.

wow why would anyone convicted of two murders be given a weekend pass? what a monster

Won't cop to killing an 11 yr old. Like Bundy, probably doesn't want to be seen as a child killer.

I've been listening the CBC "Undercover" podcast. RCMP and Halifax Police went to great lengths to destroy evidence implicating McGray. Assoun spent 20 years in jail. The info needed to release him was available about 9 years earlier but ignored then destroyed.

No wonder people are calling for a Public inquiry into the Portapique mass murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grace55
Back