Miley Cyrus - what the heck happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is there if he were less dressed (and there have been plenty of male performers that have and done gyrations) and doing some of that kind of stuff, this thread nor the stories about it would be happening.

This isn't anything new. People seem to forget Madonna and her 'erotica' album. Does it matter if the person has talent?

What's interesting to me is this did exactly what was expected, people talking about it. She really is not that great of a singer or a dancer, heck I don't even think she looks all that, but yet here we are talking about Miley Cyrus. Nobody is going to care in a week.

So you are arguing here that no matter what a man does on stage, nobody would discuss it? Sucks to be a male performer, if that is true.

I wasn't crazy about it the first 1000 times I heard it, but its one of those songs that refuse to leave your head!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

I know!!! :floorlaugh: Hey hey hey... la la la, hey hey hey. STOP IT!!!! :floorlaugh:

So you are arguing here that no matter what a man does on stage, nobody would discuss it? Sucks to be a male performer, if that is true.

Not to this extent. You think a male performer who does something like that (think Usher for example) and there are stories on what kind of bad example he is setting for young boys? I don't think so.

Seriously? He isn't the one in plastic underwear dancing with tongue hanging out like a dog's. And shouldn't she be "enjoying" herself in a privacy of her home instead of on stage?

So your objection is that she wore an outfit that covers more than many bikinis, and sticks her tongue out? Not what she was acting out?

Not to this extent. You think a male performer who does something like that (think Usher for example) and there are stories on what kind of bad example he is setting for young boys? I don't think so.

Usher? Did he ever go on stage in plastic underwear?

I know!!! :floorlaugh: Hey hey hey... la la la, hey hey hey. STOP IT!!!! :floorlaugh:

I admit i am a sucker for any song/production/whatever that Pharrell is involved with. :heartluv: So Blurred Lines and Get Lucky, the two most overplayed songs of the summer, have been stuck in my head perpetually for about four months. :help:

I admit i am a sucker for any song/production/whatever that Pharrell is involved with. :heartluv: So Blurred Lines and Get Lucky, the two most overplayed songs of the summer, have been stuck in my head perpetually for about four months. :help:

:floorlaugh: I hear you.

OT, but has there ever been a male singer that did a live televised performance wearing nothing but tight booty underwear while grinding the air & simulating masturbation? I've never seen it, but if I ever did, id PUKE! Ew.

Yes, absolutely, I hate plastic underwear.

Ok I was being facetious, so ill ask if you can clarify, because you've brought up the "plastic underwear" a few times. What's horrible about it? Is it because its plastic? Is it because you think it looks like underwear? Because, I mean, I've seen quite a few bathing suits that are more revealing than the bottoms she was wearing.

For that matter, Gaga was wearing what was arguably a more revealing outfit than Miley. So why isn't she getting the hate?

IMO it's the sexual nature of Miley's performance that everyone is objecting to. Which is very problematic, because why should she be shamed for acting like a woman who enjoys sex, and the men don't?

OT, but has there ever been a male singer that did a live televised performance wearing nothing but tight booty underwear while grinding the air & simulating masturbation? I've never seen it, but if I ever did, id PUKE! Ew.

Well people thought Elvis Presley was even though he was dressed. It was a scandal that he went on Ed Sullivan

Prince, throughout the 80s, and well into the 90s. I've always been a huge fan of his, and I have some old VHS recordings of some raunchy concerts. maybe not in booty underwear, ALTHOUGH, come to think of it, the cover of his 1980ish Dirty Mind album has him in bikini underwear. video might as well, been a long time since I have seen it (and he is notoriously tight with his music on YouTube, so would probably be futile searching for it).

Just for reference, has the album pic:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Mind"]Dirty Mind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

OH, BINGO... Love it... Prince's Dirty Mind video. bikini underwear and legwarmers. not sure if simulated masturbstion though lol:

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdld8c_dirty-mind_people"]dirty mind - Video Dailymotion[/ame]

Red Hot Chili Peppers come to mind. So does Russell Brand exposing himself.

At the end of the day it was a vulgar display, no matter who did it. Whatever happened to classy seduction? This generation seems to have forgotten the value of mystery and unattainability and glamour.

I do believe Miley is desperate. She can't sing, she can't dance, she can't write songs, she can't act and she isn't beautiful by Hollywood standards. Heck - she isn't even pretty IMO. She may last awhile in entertainment. But not too long. She just doesn't have it going on.

Agree, it was a desperate attempt at staying relevant.

It was most unfortunate to watch, poor thing can't dance or sing. You're right, she's not pretty either. It's really a shame she feels the need to stoop so low.

Salena Gomez keeping it classy...take notes Miley!

Actually I think Miley has a pretty good voice. Here is her cover of Dolly Parton's "Jolene", for instance:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw"]Miley Cyrus - The Backyard Sessions - "Jolene" - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer