Missouri, St. Louis - Teenage girl critically injured after brutal fight with another female teen near Hazelwood East High School, 8 March 2024

absolutely not. I am simply saying that knowing KG was not simply a bystander who got jumped and attacked but rather an active participant who had been suspended from school the day prior due to fighting makes me reconsider the accused family's statements about neither girl being who they were initially painted in the press to be.

Do I still think the accused should be charged as an adult? YES

Do I now believe that some of the mitigators her family suggests exist do indeed exist? Also yes.

Do I believe their claims their daughter's actions were self defense? Nope, not by a long shot.

Do I hope KG recovers fully. Yes.

Do I think she is a perfect angel send down from the heavens? Probably not.

Do I think the accused is some out of control monster with no redeeming qualities? also probably not.

Do I think lots of poor decisions were made that day by all the young people present that will affect many lives? yes.

Do I think the justice system will sort this? Yes.

all of this is JMO.
Did Kaylee allegedly fight this attacker the day before? (I have my doubts.) Also, this wasn't a fight, imo. It was a full fledged assault. So, wonder what the actual events were of the day before? The school seems to be using the term "fight" rather loosely. AMOO

I do hope that the other participants and spectators face charges as well, although I feel they will likely all be charged as juveniles, if charged at all. While deplorable, their actions do not rise to nearly the level of the female who was engaged in the attack on KG. I still believe she will, and should be, charged as an adult. I do think the others certainly played a role in making the attack on KG much more severe than it may otherwise have been, merely by being there, an audience, egging them on, complete with videographer, not to mention engaging in simultaneous fights. I hope that they have all received lengthy suspensions from school. JMO

Last edited:
I do hope that the other participants and spectators face charges as well, although I feel they will likely all be charged as juveniles, if charged at all. While deplorable, their actions do not rise to nearly the level of the female who was engaged in the attack on KG. I still believe she will, and should be, charged as an adult. I do think the others certainly played a role in making the attack on KG much more severe than it may otherwise have been, merely by being there, an audience, egging them on, complete with videographer, not to mention engaging in simultaneous fights. I hope that they have all received lengthy suspensions from school. JMO
It is unclear what is going on here. Are they seeking to charge other kids for just fighting in general as seen on the video released or these charged related to Kaylee? We just don't know. I do think that in light of the AG stance and the school response that there is a LOT more going on here.

Charges Against Others?
@sds71 Thanks for your post w link, I'm quoting here:
"The eight other individuals are being referred to the court for consideration of assault charges, though it is unclear if these are first-degree assault charges or a less serious category.*

Do the assault chgs relate to actions of several teens who -
- were initially only bystanders/spectators, who then
moved closer to "main fight" to aid, intervene, or stop it, or
- participated in SIDE fights occurring AFTER "main fight"?

What a mess.

ETA: @PrairieWind ^^^ = My question too.

@SteveP Not sure what the spectators-only-at-the-fight could be charged w, unless they somehow participated in arranging, planning, organizing the "main fight."

Last edited:
Charges Against Others?

@sds71 Thanks for your post w link, I'm quoting here:
"The eight other individuals are being referred to the court for consideration of assault charges, though it is unclear if these are first-degree assault charges or a less serious category.*

Do the assault chgs relate to actions of several teens who -
- were initially only bystanders/spectators, who then
moved closer to "main fight" to aid, intervene, or stop it, or
- participated in SIDE fights occurring AFTER "main fight"?

What a mess.

ETA: @PrairieWind
This is only my opinion, and entirely my opinion, but an earlier article referenced two rival groups of teens at the high school, with at least a couple engaged in a fight at school the previous day, one allegedly KG, and the likely supposition would be that each of the two individuals, KG and MD, were in opposing groups, and friends of each went along to what, I believe, most of us think was an arranged, planned brawl, that was likely a continuation of or retaliation for the events of the day before. Even if the others were initially there to only watch, I sense that there was enough bad blood between the opposing groups, that all were prepared for, and likely expecting a fight. Once KG was down and MD had a clear advantage, another girl, behind MD, attempted to pull her off of KG, and was taken on by a couple more teens there, and they began to scuffle, which seemed to trigger several of the others there to begin to fight one another, although none of them seemed to be directly involved in the KG/MD brawl. It was indeed a mess. In the entire video, I saw maybe only a couple of teens that never appeared to be fighting, and all those who were engaged in fighting, plus the one who shouted "get her *advertiser censored** Kaylee" early on, should face appropriate charges, as well as the one who shot the video, likely for the purpose of putting it on social media to get clicks. While the video was obviously gotten by LE, she clearly was recording it for entertainment purposes, as she is seen on video, immediately before the brawl began, saying, "let me get a good angle". JMO

Last edited:
This is only my opinion, and entirely my opinion, but an earlier article referenced two rival groups of teens at the high school, with at least a couple engaged in a fight at school the previous day, one allegedly KG, and the likely supposition would be that each of the two individuals, KG and MD, were in opposing groups, and friends of each went along to what, I believe, most of us think was an arranged, planned brawl, that was likely a continuation of or retaliation for the events of the day before. Even if the others were initially there to only watch, I sense that there was enough bad blood between the opposing groups, that all were prepared for, and likely expecting a fight. Once KG was down and MD had a clear advantage, another girl, behind MD, attempted to pull her off of KG, and was taken on by a couple more teens there, and they began to scuffle, which seemed to trigger several of the others there to begin to fight one another, although none of them seemed to be directly involved in the KG/MD brawl. It was indeed a mess. In the entire video, I only ever saw two teens that never appeared to be fighting, and all those who were engaged in fighting, plus the one who shouted "get her *advertiser censored** Kaylee" early on, should face appropriate charges, as well as the one who shot the video, likely for the purpose of putting it on social media to get clicks. While the video was obviously gotten by LE, she clearly was recording it for entertainment purposes, as she is seen on video, immediately before the brawl began, saying, "let me get a good angle". JMO
@SteveP TY for your explanation.
"I only ever saw two teens that never appeared to be fighting, and all those who were engaged in fighting,..."
Thanks for noting this. I had a hard time keeping track.

"the one who shot the video, likely for the purpose of putting it on social media to get clicks."
A possible charge would be ____?

@SteveP TY for your explanation.
"I only ever saw two teens that never appeared to be fighting, and all those who were engaged in fighting,..."
Thanks for noting this. I had a hard time keeping track.

"the one who shot the video, likely for the purpose of putting it on social media to get clicks."
A possible charge would be ____?
Probably nothing, honestly. But it certainly will put them under public scrutiny, and in the uncomfortable position of being a known witness, who will most definitely be called to testify in any trial, and will most surely be asked, "why did you keep recording instead of using your phone to call 911". I do realize it is not illegal to record a public fight, under most circumstances, but this was not just some random brawl that she happened upon and started recording. I don't know if that makes any legal difference or not. JMO

Last edited:
  • Kaylee Gain's high school has refused to hand over records to the Missouri Attorney General
The state law requires public body records to be open to the public, and that a request cannot be ignored or avoided by the other party.

She (Kaylee) suffered a skull fracture and frontal lobe damage during the brawl that was caught on camera near her high school.
Parenthesis mine.

Why are they protecting this vicious attacker ?
Revolting.
Omo.

IMHO, given the extent and brutality of the attack I believe the attacker was there for retaliation. I believe she was hyped up; therefore, she deserves to be charged as an adult. I think there was a "form" of premeditation here.

IANAL, but the information about the fight the previous day; could this possibly actually hurt the attacker's defense in that it shows a level of premeditation??

I will be honest, early on I went down the social media rabbit hole and I saw the previous day's fight video. It is at the school - hence someone being suspended. The video is shot from a little father away, and you can only see the back of one girl as she has another girl on the ground. I have read more than I care to about this situation from the social media stir. There is a girl in the hospital who has been fighting for her life and there are plenty of adults that do not seem to grasp the serious nature of the situation IMVHO

This is only my opinion, and entirely my opinion, but an earlier article referenced two rival groups of teens at the high school, with at least a couple engaged in a fight at school the previous day, one allegedly KG, and the likely supposition would be that each of the two individuals, KG and MD, were in opposing groups, and friends of each went along to what, I believe, most of us think was an arranged, planned brawl, that was likely a continuation of or retaliation for the events of the day before. Even if the others were initially there to only watch, I sense that there was enough bad blood between the opposing groups, that all were prepared for, and likely expecting a fight. Once KG was down and MD had a clear advantage, another girl, behind MD, attempted to pull her off of KG, and was taken on by a couple more teens there, and they began to scuffle, which seemed to trigger several of the others there to begin to fight one another, although none of them seemed to be directly involved in the KG/MD brawl. It was indeed a mess. In the entire video, I saw maybe only a couple of teens that never appeared to be fighting, and all those who were engaged in fighting, plus the one who shouted "get her *advertiser censored** Kaylee" early on, should face appropriate charges, as well as the one who shot the video, likely for the purpose of putting it on social media to get clicks. While the video was obviously gotten by LE, she clearly was recording it for entertainment purposes, as she is seen on video, immediately before the brawl began, saying, "let me get a good angle". JMO
What do you think the person taking the video should be charged with? I dont see a crime there.

What do you think the person taking the video should be charged with? I dont see a crime there.
In a follow-up post, I admitted that they likely cannot be charged, as, in and of itself, it isn't a crime to video the public brawl. But she didn't just happen upon it. I feel like she participated in a planned fight, though I know that she will not face charges. JMO

Last edited:
  • Kaylee Gain's high school has refused to hand over records to the Missouri Attorney General
The state law requires public body records to be open to the public, and that a request cannot be ignored or avoided by the other party.

She (Kaylee) suffered a skull fracture and frontal lobe damage during the brawl that was caught on camera near her high school.
Parenthesis mine.

Revolting.
Omo.

Perhaps it's not MD they are protecting but themselves? They clearly know much more about the situation and the parties involved than we do, maybe their records will show that they failed to step in a deal with things when they should have?.

IMO, this tragic fight ended in a life changing way. The aggressor didn’t just stop after she ‘won’ the fight, she continued to decimate KG’s skull into the concrete multiple times. KG had both a broken skull (back) as well as frontal lobe damage, from the explosive overkill on her aggressor’s part. Based on the video her skull was shaken back and forth multiple times.

IMO, don’t tell me the magnitude of this fight had anything to do with race. It boiled down to a disagreement between friend groups with the aggressor having a distinct physical size advantage over KG as well as an extremely violent anger issue that is completely unjustifiable.

In retrospect, I am glad someone captured this assault on video. The video will someday speak VOLUMES to a jury.

Sadly, each day KG remains in a coma her chances of meaningful recovery diminish.

Again, prayers for Kaylee and her family. I am really just angry and sad right now.

JMO

Parenthesis mine.

Revolting.
Omo.

School is not protecting anyone over another. These student records are protected by FERPA-- a federal law. All students have a right to privacy. If anyone wants to bridge that they have to argue it in court.

<modsnip>

"The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education." Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Last edited by a moderator:
School is not protecting anyone over another. These student records are protected by FERPA-- a federal law. All students have a right to privacy. If anyone wants to bridge that they have to argue it in court.

<modsnip>

"The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education." Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Yes, however -- wouldn't the MO Atty. General override that ?
Thanks for the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it not accessory or contributing to the delinquency or some such thing? The one videotaping is prepared to video a crime before it starts and in progress. There should be some kind of charge. MOO.
Idk if there are charges that can be applicable.
Good point to make, though.
All of the cellphone vids taken that day will be crucial, imo.
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back