Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is a question for people that I can’t figure out.

If this was a Robert Cox or somebody of his ilk why would you not take the money in the purses?
Unless they never looked or were in a BIG hurry .. but that’s the problem with GJ1& GJ2 they were convicted several times of stealing . They aren’t leaving that cash behind if they saw it .

Unless they never looked or were in a BIG hurry .. but that’s the problem with GJ1& GJ2 they were convicted several times of stealing . They aren’t leaving that cash behind if they saw it .

Yep as the purses were lined up so somebody stuck all then purses together as Sherrills purse would not of been with the girls unless somebody went though them.

So the money had to be deliberately left behind but a Robert Cox for example isn’t going to care about tricking the police. He would take the money regardless and so would others of his ilk IMO.

Possibly the perps accidentally left the purses behind.

As in, "You idiots! You forgot the purses?!!"
Idiots: "Ooops!"

You don’t line them up like that and then forget about them IMO. Also let’s not forget Sherrill was a chain smoker and would take her cigarettes room to room with her so they wasn’t in her bedroom as they would normally be they was on the side in the living room/kitchen. Bartt said that was highly unusual and so we have the question of was somebody let in and a discussion took place?

So. How do you guys do this? Do you have favorite theories and rank them? Or are you completely baffled and maintain a "blank slate" approach? If the former, I'd love to see your list of favorites. If the latter, is this because of so much thinking about 3MW that you just erase the board and start over? (I got like this regarding Jack the Ripper, then arrived back at square one: Montague John Druitt.)

I’ll bite . Which of the 12 suspects were professional hit men ?
There have never been official "suspects" in this case. LE has never announced them as such. Neither have there been named persons of interest. Nor arrests, which brings me back to my point, and reinforces it.

Really? Who?
I see the phrase "Cox became a person of interest to Springfield police" when I google, but nowhere do I find "Springfield police named Cox as a person of interest." Did they ever? The two examples above aren't the same thing at all. One is a phrase in someone's book; the other would be an official SPD press release. (As always, I could be missing something.)

I see the phrase "Cox became a person of interest to Springfield police" when I google, but nowhere do I find "Springfield police named Cox as a person of interest." Did they ever? The two examples above aren't the same thing at all. One is a phrase in someone's book; the other would be an official SPD press release. (As always, I could be missing something.)
"Through investigation Cox became a person of interest with this case," said Springfield Police Sgt. Todd King. Crime Watch Daily
You're right though, he was never named as one at the time. He's about the only one who gets that much. And there haven't been any named suspects.

Yep as the purses were lined up so somebody stuck all then purses together as Sherrills purse would not of been with the girls unless somebody went though them.

So the money had to be deliberately left behind but a Robert Cox for example isn’t going to care about tricking the police. He would take the money regardless and so would others of his ilk IMO.

My opinion is that the purses were lined up after the car keys were removed and replaced to move the cars. As to the money being left behind it may be that there was concern that DNA evidence would be left behind. That is my experience when trying to rummage through my wife’s purse. Time was of the essence.

I believe that there were three individuals involved as I previously stated. The most important thing is who could have been trusted enough to open the door at that late hour.

Of course it could have been a cop. That would be highly probable if the rumors that cops were drug skimming were true.

Last edited:
There have never been official "suspects" in this case. LE has never announced them as such. Neither have there been named persons of interest. Nor arrests, which brings me back to my point, and reinforces it.
Chillicothe (Mo.) Constitution-Tribune
November 13, 1995
Springfield, MO, (AP)- A group of veteran detectives who have reviewed the 1992 disappearance of three women has reached the same conclusions as police did.

The three women –Sherrill Levitt, her daughter Suzanne Streeter and Streeter’s classmate Stacy McCall- all were apparently abducted from Levitt’s home in June 1992.

The Missouri Violent Crime Support Unit has finished reviewing the case files, and close to 30 leads will be re-examined, said police Capt. Darrell Crick.

The support unit and Springfield investigators agreed that the motive was sexual assault, rather than drug dealing. They also agreed on the same list of suspects, although the two groups ranked them differently on a scale of suspicion.

Police stopped working the case full time last spring, and the list of suspects still stands at about 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann