Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take some offense to this, because Janis gave 27 years and still does to this case. She’s the reason it gets ANY attention. She worked so hard her whole life on this case with One Missing Link.

Stu and Janis are both in bad health, so I would give them a break. They need time for themselves.

Bartt has had it rough too. The media and SPD abandoned him early and drove a big wedge between the families. He runs a blog and posts on several Facebook pages, what else is he supposed to do? He maintains contact with SPD last I heard.

I clearly said “Again” in my post. Where did I imply back in the day they didn’t do more?

It’s 2018 and if it was my child I would want closure before I died.

How about hire private detectives as SPD obviously are not capable of solving it?

Set up a go fund me page if money is a issue , I would happily donate and I am sure many other people would as well. Reach out to local tv company’s and see if they will do anything on the women’s story. Look at Amazon Prime and Netflix this is right up their alley for a crime show. So many ways to now get bigger exposure.

I still believe that it all started out as an assault on Sherrill who was expected to be, and was, home alone. The girls were collateral damage who only made the mistake of looking for a less crowded place to sleep after a LONG night. A single perp to start with possible help disposing of the bodies.

I still believe that it all started out as an assault on Sherrill who was expected to be, and was, home alone. The girls were collateral damage who only made the mistake of looking for a less crowded place to sleep after a LONG night. A single perp to start with possible help disposing of the bodies.

Apart from there is no proof any kind of a assault took place with Sherill before the young women got home. Why was there no signs of a struggle or rape or anything in her bedroom?

I think if Sherill had been the intended target she would of been found dead or badly injured in her bed when the girls got home.

I clearly said “Again” in my post. Where did I imply back in the day they didn’t do more?

It’s 2018 and if it was my child I would want closure before I died.

How about hire private detectives as SPD obviously are not capable of solving it?

Set up a go fund me page if money is a issue , I would happily donate and I am sure many other people would as well. Reach out to local tv company’s and see if they will do anything on the women’s story. Look at Amazon Prime and Netflix this is right up their alley for a crime show. So many ways to now get bigger exposure.
They've featured this on four crime shows over the last 2 decades. It's produced one influential tip: Robert Craig Cox from Steve Zellers. Other than that? Zilch.

I believe they have and do work with PIs. At least I was told that by people close to the victims' families.

I don't think money is an issue. A $147k reward isn't even enough to drive someone out of hiding. This one goes deep.

I keep going back to Apco. What got Sherrill out of the house? If your theory is true, I assume you're discounting Apco sighting?

I keep going back to Apco. What got Sherrill out of the house? If your theory is true, I assume you're discounting Apco sighting?

Absolutely. A mistake, a different night, trying to help, an attention getting lie, I don't know. I think it's been discounted by LE as well but I'm certain I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

Absolutely. A mistake, a different night, trying to help, an attention getting lie, I don't know. I think it's been discounted by LE as well but I'm certain I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.
I don't see why he's seeking attention. LE never fully discounted it. They kept the sighting as part of the official timeline. I do believe George's was discounted by Allen Neal on Disappeared. With Apco, he gets 10 customers a night, and I see no incentive to lying.

But I like your angle over most.

Do people feel there is any truth in them being buried in Cassville?

It seemed to fit in with some of the earlier clues the detectives got which is why they was eager to search there.

Apart from there is no proof any kind of a assault took place with Sherill before the young women got home. Why was there no signs of a struggle or rape or anything in her bedroom?

I think if Sherill had been the intended target she would of been found dead or badly injured in her bed when the girls got home.

We have no idea when the interaction began, time wise. You're assuming it started earlier in the night when it could have began a short time before the girls arrived.

Reactions: OEJ
We have no idea when the interaction began, time wise. You're assuming it started earlier in the night when it could have began a short time before the girls arrived.

I’m assuming it started after the young women got home due to the fact that they both got ready for bed.

Sherill as far as I was aware was not aware they were going to be home that night (please correct me if this is wrong) so it would make sense that she would of gotten out of bed when the girls got home. Sherills cigarettes were on the side and not in the bedroom which Bart said was unusual as she would take them to whichever room she was in so that to me indicates she got up when the young women got home and they probably spoke about the evening before they settled back into bed. If a stranger was in that house then the girls wouldn’t of been able to get ready for bed as you also had the Yorkie terrier who would of alerted to something being wrong.

You also have Suzie’s blind being proped open as if to suggest she looked outside to see who was out there.

It started for the girls after they got there. The subject could have been with Sherrill in her bedroom when they got there. The blinds could have been peeked out of another time or even by the dog, who knows?

I agree with this sentiment.

Facts only. Ask questions but don’t assume.
ok
so assumptions about drugs..bikies and loose connections etc you no longer support?
I have no problem with what anybody brings to the table including the theories as above that I don't support.

a stagnant case stuck in the ice ages deserves fresh eyes and fresh perspectives because it clearly isn't getting anywhere with the status quo.

if something is completely left field it wont stick simple as that.

Do people think the cops were wrong about Garrison knowing anything valuable?

If not, then how did Garrison meet Levitt/Streeter? As James Wright (FBI) said the perp(s) knew the victim.

Which would make sense as no forced entry as I refuse to believe a single mum who was security conscious would open the door in the middle of the night to somebody knocking on the door.

On the other hand if it was somebody Suzie knew then of course you would open the door.

ok
so assumptions about drugs..bikies and loose connections etc
1. What assumptions have I made about drugs? Capt. Tony Glenn said the women experimented with drugs but did nothing hardcore. It's in the papers. Doing drugs was never an issue. Where the drugs came from, well that was a concern to me investigating this. As it should be for anyone else.

2. Bikies? I assume you mean GGMC? How is there a loose connection when Mike said he dated a Goose daughter and Steve Garrison is a known outlaw biker with similar ties? How is that "loose?" Not being argumentative but please explain if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann