MN MN - Deanna Marie Joy, 21, Maplewood, July 1994

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Deanna Marie Joy – The Charley Project

Deanna Marie Joy
  • joy_deanna.jpg
  • joy_deanna2.jpg
Joy, circa 1994

• Missing Since07/01/1994
  • Missing FromMaplewood, Minnesota
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth03/12/1973 (46)
  • Age21 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6, 125 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Joy has scars on her abdomen, upper right arm and left knee; one of those scars is cross-shaped.
Details of Disappearance
Joy was last seen in Maplewood, Minnesota at 6:00 p.m. on July 1, 1994. She told a friend she was going to meet with a new male acquaintance who would show her a car she was considering buying. She has never been heard from again.

Joy was born and raised on the East Coast of the U.S. She lived with her aunt and other relatives in New Jersey after her mother died when she was thirteen. At the time of her disappearance, Joy lived alone and her toddler son lived with his father. She worked as a convenience store clerk up until about two weeks before she vanished.

Authorities stated they believed she'd left of her own accord, possibly to go back to the East Coast, but her aunt doubted this theory. Joy's aunt stated her niece left money behind in a trust fund and never touched it. She also left $350 in her checking account and all her belongings, including her two pet cats, behind at her apartment; only her keys were missing.

The circumstances of Joy's disappearance are unclear; her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Maplewood Police Department 651-249-2600
Source Information

NAT_13028_1.jpg A relative of mine has been missing since 1994. She is on Namus, Charley Doe and a few other sites, although the state of Minnesota does not have her on their list of missing persons.
Deanna Joy was last seen in Maplewood, Minnesota on July 1, 1994. She told a friend she was going to meet with a new acquaintance who would show her a car she was considering buying. Apparently, there were supposed witnesses that saw her getting into a car. But no further details. Police in Maplewood Minnesota thought she was going back east to be with relatives. No, we are her relatives from the east and she did not or have any intention of coming back east.
The only thing missing from her apartment were her keys. She left a son, living with in laws, her pets, checkbook, and a trust fund that never had been touched since her disappearance. Seems as though Maplewood police have forgotten all about her, but she had many people who loved her. Her mother was deceased when Deanna was around 13 years old. She lived with an aunt, then an uncle before moving west.
I honestly don't know how to get any more information about her disappearance, although we are sure she met with foul play after moving to Minnesota. Anyone who has information or that can give us any idea how to look for her is welcomed. I check Jane doe reports frequently but to no avail. Police have no further information and shes been missing so long that they probably don't even remember her. Family hired a p.i. years ago, but no

View attachment 210937 A relative of mine has been missing since 1994. She is on Namus, Charley Doe and a few other sites, although the state of Minnesota does not have her on their list of missing persons.
Deanna Joy was last seen in Maplewood, Minnesota on July 1, 1994. She told a friend she was going to meet with a new acquaintance who would show her a car she was considering buying. Apparently, there were supposed witnesses that saw her getting into a car. But no further details. Police in Maplewood Minnesota thought she was going back east to be with relatives. No, we are her relatives from the east and she did not or have any intention of coming back east.
The only thing missing from her apartment were her keys. She left a son, living with in laws, her pets, checkbook, and a trust fund that never had been touched since her disappearance. Seems as though Maplewood police have forgotten all about her, but she had many people who loved her. Her mother was deceased when Deanna was around 13 years old. She lived with an aunt, then an uncle before moving west.
I honestly don't know how to get any more information about her disappearance, although we are sure she met with foul play after moving to Minnesota. Anyone who has information or that can give us any idea how to look for her is welcomed. I check Jane doe reports frequently but to no avail. Police have no further information and shes been missing so long that they probably don't even remember her. Family hired a p.i. years ago, but no
Welcome to Websleuths! I’m sorry you have such a sad mystery to solve. If you tap the word Report on your post, a moderator can get the title updated and in the correct category and add the year for you. You should also become a Verified Insider so you don’t need provide social media links for information on the case. Otherwise you’ll need to provide links for your claims. Good luck and hopefully WS will be very beneficial for you.

2699DFMN - Deanna Marie Joy

Name: Deanna Marie Joy
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: June 27, 1994
Location Last Seen: Maplewood, Ramsey Co, Minnesota

Physical Description
Date of Birth: March 12, 1973
Race: White
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: None
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scars on the upper right arm, left knee, and on the abdomen (one scar is a cross).

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Deanna Joy was last seen in Maplewood, Minnesota on July 1, 1994.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Maplewood Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Chief Paul Schnell
Agency Phone Number: 651-777-8191
Agency E-Mail: Paul.Schnell@MaplewoodMN.gov
Agency Case Number: 94010473

NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: 13028

Information Source(s)
NamUs
FACES Lab

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 5/28/2017

Deanna Marie Joy, age 21​

joy_deanna.jpg
joy_deanna2.jpg

Joy, circa 1994
  • Missing Since 07/01/1994
  • Missing From Maplewood, Minnesota
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 03/12/1973 (50)
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 125 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Joy has scars on her abdomen, upper right arm and left knee; one of those scars is cross-shaped.

Details of Disappearance​

Joy was last seen in Maplewood, Minnesota at 6:00 p.m. on July 1, 1994. She told a friend she was going to meet with a new male acquaintance who would show her a car she was considering buying. She has never been heard from again.

Joy was born and raised on the East Coast of the U.S. She lived with her aunt and other relatives in New Jersey after her mother died when she was thirteen. At the time of her disappearance, Joy lived alone and her toddler son lived with his father. She worked as a convenience store clerk up until about two weeks before she vanished.

Authorities stated they believed she'd left of her own accord, possibly to go back to the East Coast, but her aunt doubted this theory. Joy's aunt stated her niece left money behind in a trust fund and never touched it. She also left $350 in her checking account and all her belongings, including her two pet cats, behind at her apartment; only her keys were missing.

The circumstances of Joy's disappearance are unclear; her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Maplewood Police Department 651-249-2600

Source Information​

View attachment 210937 A relative of mine has been missing since 1994. She is on Namus, Charley Doe and a few other sites, although the state of Minnesota does not have her on their list of missing persons.
Deanna Joy was last seen in Maplewood, Minnesota on July 1, 1994. She told a friend she was going to meet

I wonder why the MN Missing Persons doesn't have Deanna listed?

Without further info on the man and the fact her remains haven't turned up, this is a hard one to solve. I wonder if she told her friend where she had seen the car offered for sale or what type of car it was.

I imagine she might have seen a newspaper ad, unless she heard of the guy offering the car for supposed sale through an acquaintance or something. Perhaps the whole thing was a set up or perhaps the car really was for sale and something went wrong, like she didn't return his advances or something. This seems like a case that needs more attention.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutaba
Back