MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could try to really lay out all of DR's statements regarding that night. I like what was said (was it cGorg?) about the importance of DR's statements on the cars that night. Does DR even have a clear, consistent story on what he did that night? If we could pin down some clear, obvious contradictions and inconsistencies, it would be a pretty good piece of "evidence."

Another thing I've been thinking about. I know there are tons of similarities between Jacob's kidnapper and the guy who took Jared. But another big difference, other than the mask, is that Jacob was with a group of others. Maybe this means nothing. If it was a crime of opportunity, the same guy might have viewed leaving two "witnesses" behind as a risk he was willing to take. Especially because they were kids, and if he was dressed entirely in black with a black nylon mask, he would have been pretty hard to ID in the night.

I don't think it's too big of a stretch to make a big deal of the nylon shergal saw on TV at DR's place. We know the kidnapper is a man. Of course, a perp could get a black nylon sock anywhere. Yet, it's not an item a man usually owns. DR lives with a woman, his mother. He has an opportunity to grab the stocking quickly without even thinking twice about it. Later, he lies about it and says his mother doesn't own stockings. There are some little things there that point to DR.

Do the tires Tracker describes fit any of the Bahner vehicles? I know those cars were discussed somewhere in the thread, but I haven't gone back to re-read.

Do we know if the DR family had any farm vehicles--old trucks, etc., like others have mentioned? And if Jacob was in there, there should have been some evidence. Where did that vehicle end up? Just trying to think through possibilities.

Human,

I'm confused. Are you suggesting DR had something to do with the Alanna Gallagher killing. Didn't that happen in Texas and wasn't someone else arrested?.

Human,

I'm confused. Are you suggesting DR had something to do with the Alanna Gallagher killing. Didn't that happen in Texas and wasn't someone else arrested?.

Ah, no. The killer is 17 years old. A little difficult for him to pull off the crimes in St. Joseph.

What I was saying is now that the perp has been arrested, we, the public , have learned some things LE knew.

On WS, we were asking why LE appeared to be doing NOTHING!!!! They said ti was an isolated incident. Since no one was named POI, we were thinking how irresponsible it was of LE to say that.

Now that the perp has been arrested, we found out, for example, that LE zeroed in on him right away.

We learned that neighbors and friends gave info to LE. We did not know that until the perp,was arrested.

We found out about horrible things on his cell phone just the other day.

So, I think LE knows plenty. We just don't know

Human,

I think Human was just making comparisons between the two cases???

A note of frustration: has anyone else felt they've reached a wall or a threshold? I seem to have run out of ideas. Where to turn with so many possibilites? I know the truth lies beyond this threshold but do not know how to get there. If DR is the perp, then what is required beyond what is known to prove this? And if DR is not the perp, then how to sift through the myriad maze of possible perps? I wish I had something of substance to contribute but at this point given all that I have read + researched I have nothing more...and more is required to solve this mystery. I am not giving up...just thinking that deeper digging may be required. Hopefully other Websleuthers will uncover some unturned stones which will lead the way. Meanwhile, I will still be thinking as October 22 approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant