Missing From: Shawnee County, Kansas
Classification: Missing
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 130 pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Characteristics: Kenner's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance:
Kenner was last seen in Shawnee County, Kansas on July 16, 1979. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency:

Kansas Bureau of Investigation 785-296-4017

Last edited:
Couldn't match this lady in the usual genealogy sources.

(Possibly because my typical work is with Irish/Scots/Welsh people....)

Still curious!

Please look at this lady:

957UFNC.jpg

957UFNC

Remains discovered in 1979, in North Carolina but isotope testing indicates decedent hadn't been in North Carolina very long. Might be older than Ms. Kenner.

Are dentals available for Ms. Kenner?

JMHO YMMV LRR
This one looked promising however I’m confused about the age on her. Doe Network states “According to a 2017 examination, the woman was most likely beteween 42 and 55 when she died.”, but then her dental information includes this: “Teeth 1, 16, 17, and 32 are unerupted and still in the follicular stage of development.”

I’m not a dentist but is 42-55 too old to still have unerupted teeth and some still developing? Other than the age this looks worth submitting.

I think the Dickinson County remains would be too old to be Diana.

I didn't like the age, either, but figure someone would remember that about a friend or sister's teeth!

Thanks for looking. The tiny about of information about Ms. Kenner's disappearance bothers me.

I hope she was just able to leave & now is an older lady using a different surname!

Calling Kansas posters:

@Ksprincess2 @KansPI @dorothyland

Okay so Shawnee Co is NW Kansas and closest next states would be Nebraska and Missouri. The I-70 runs E/W from Utah to Maryland and passes through Topeka. Without knowledge of anything about her case, would it make sense to look at cases along that route? I was just thinking the map of UIDs that is on DNA Doe Project's site might be useful.

Okay so Shawnee Co is NW Kansas and closest next states would be Nebraska and Missouri. The I-70 runs E/W from Utah to Maryland and passes through Topeka. Without knowledge of anything about her case, would it make sense to look at cases along that route? I was just thinking the map of UIDs that is on DNA Doe Project's site might be useful.
I forget about that map oftentimes. You’re right though, it could be very useful!

NAMUS:

--

Missing Age - 32 Years
Current Age - 75 Years
First Name - Diana
Middle Name--
Last Name - Powell
Nickname/Alias = Kenner, Diana Carol; Kinner, Diana Carol (source NCIC record)
Sex - Female
Height - 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight - 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity - Black / African American
Date of Last Contact - July 16, 1979
NamUs Case Created - March 18, 2020

Last Known Location Map

Location - Kansas City, Missouri
Hair Color - Black
Eye Color - Brown

---

Unclear on which state she went missing from given differing info on casefiles.

Namus has her missing out of Kansas City, MO with Kansas Bureau of Investigation as case owner. There is a KC in both Kansas and Missouri.

1666720148233.png

DoeNetwork has her missing out of Shawnee County, KS (which does not include the Kansas City area, but is West and includes Topeka and surrounding).

1666720016305.png

This one looked promising however I’m confused about the age on her. Doe Network states “According to a 2017 examination, the woman was most likely beteween 42 and 55 when she died.”, but then her dental information includes this: “Teeth 1, 16, 17, and 32 are unerupted and still in the follicular stage of development.”

I’m not a dentist but is 42-55 too old to still have unerupted teeth and some still developing? Other than the age this looks worth submitting.

I think the Dickinson County remains would be too old to be Diana.

BTW I've been to my dentist's office very recently. 1, 16, 17, and 32 are the 'wisdom teeth,' the very furthest back in the mouth.

Mine were removed, because they didn't remain "in the follicular stage of development" and one was busy growing sideways.

The dental follicle is the tissue which surrounds the crown of a developing tooth and remains until that tooth erupts. The dental follicle develops as the enamel organ maps out the morphology of the amelodentinal junction.

jmho ymmv lrr

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub