MO MO - Independence - McCoy Park - UnkMale 41-89 - UP97065 - Skeletal Remains on Children's Slide - Mar'92

phantomstrider

Reaction score

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date Body Found March 5, 1992​

Location Found Independence, Missouri​

Estimated Age Range 41-89 years​

Sex Male​

Rae/Ethnicity Uncertain​

Estimated Age Group Adult- Pre90​

Height 5'7"-5'10" (67-70 inches), Estimated​

Weight Cannot Estimated​

Location Independence, Missouri 64050​

County Jackson County​

Found On Tribal Land No​

Circumstances of Recovery Bystander found partial skeletal remains on the stairs of a children's slide at McCoy Park in Independence, MO. Per autopsy report, the decedent was likely over 40 years of age at time of death.​

Condition of Remains Not recognizable- Partial skeletal parts only​

Hair Color Unknown​

Eye Color Unknown​

Hello, I am new here. Thought maybe someone might know something more. So I just got a call from the Kansas City medical examiner about this case. It seems I share DNA with the skeletal remains that were found in McCoy Park. Unfortunately I have no idea who this person is. Hopefully this mystery can be solved soon.

Hello, I am new here. Thought maybe someone might know something more. So I just got a call from the Kansas City medical examiner about this case. It seems I share DNA with the skeletal remains that were found in McCoy Park. Unfortunately I have no idea who this person is. Hopefully this mystery can be solved soon.
Please keep us updated if possible. I can't imagine this happening to me. Many blessings.

Looking at historic topo maps, it looks like this location was close to a memorial park that seems to have existed up until the 1980s. It’s possible that the remains were unintentionally excavated when they were doing construction. Boundaries on historic maps are not always exact and even if they thought the bodies were fully removed for reburial elsewhere, that isn’t always the case. Just a thought…

!
Looking at historic topo maps, it looks like this location was close to a memorial park that seems to have existed up until the 1980s. It’s possible that the remains were unintentionally excavated when they were doing construction. Boundaries on historic maps are not always exact and even if they thought the bodies were fully removed for reburial elsewhere, that isn’t always the case. Just a thought…
Please keep us updated if possible. I can't imagine this happening to me. Many blessings.
I will definitely keep you updated. I sent my DNA data to a Othram this morning. Hopefully we know something soon.

Thank you for the info! I am not familiar with the area at all. I live in Illinois and do not even know who this relative is. I will see what I can find. I appreciate all ideas and suggestions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ari76
Back