More People to be Charged?

Couldn't agree with you more here SillyBilly. IMO, TM is not LE's favourite person...by a long shot. She obstructed this case with her behaviour and wasted a lot of LE time, money and effort because of it. I still don't believe she's involved but I think she got her back up early and it impaired the relationship between them and made her a main suspect in their eyes. I'm sure they had a hard time getting past this and might have focused more resources on TLM earlier had it not been for TM and her unusual behaviour. They will not apologize for a situation that should never have occured in the first place I'm sure.

As for the biker theory, if this was some kind of kidnap to scare MH from testifying, it obviously didn't work. He did testify and to my knowledge, no other member of Tori's family has felt at risk in any way during the trial so I personally have to discount this theory altogether.

BBM

I agree that LE have every reason to believe that TM (her behaviour and comments) and JG (his past charges) were invloved but I disagree that she is not involved (in some way directly or indirectly responsible), I think the "mildly vindictive" comment will come back to bite her big time.

As far as the biker theory, I am keeping in mind that two delays occured in that trial, the first when TLM and MR were arrested and the second when TS's body was found and I am not so sure that this is just coincidence. Also "the fact" that TS was murdered the day of the abduction could show that something could have went wrong and the full plan was never carried out in full. JMOs!

I think Cst Maitland's statement was VERY telling about LE's stance in this regard, and I don't think their PR will suffer one iota in this particular case. LE obviously formed an opinion early on when they were aware of the combination of JG's history, TM's polygraph indicating she was not totally forthcoming, her various inconsistencies/lies, her odd mannerisms, etc. I believe she was told "I've been doing this job longer than you've been alive, and I've never seen a mother act like you" (paraphrased from memory). I don't think anyone who considers the facts logically could blame LE for having zeroed in on TM when they had no other suspects to consider at that time and her behaviour was so out of the ordinary, and I don't believe an apology will ever be forthcoming.

Just want to add statistics show it usually is a family member, so they did the right thing focusing on those closest to Tori, that is protocol. I see no reason for LE to apologize for following proper protocol. I certainly can understand if there was considerable amount of time spent in focusing on TM and JG, she certainly didn't help the situation IMO by any stretch, unfortunately.

Just want to add statistics show it usually is a family member, so they did the right thing focusing on those closest to Tori, that is protocol. I see no reason for LE to apologize for following proper protocol. I certainly can understand if there was considerable amount of time spent in focusing on TM, she certainly didn't help the situation IMO by any stretch, unfortunately.

IMO, the first reason LE suspected TM was that she looked so much like the woman in the CASS video. Or maybe it was the second reason, if you believe the rumour that TM was missing all day and her own mother couldn't reach her, which is why it was she and not TM who called it in. I also believe that either one of these could account for the fact that no Amber Alert was issued - LE thought it was TM.

MOO

I've always wondered about the fact that LE refused to apologize to TM and about this quote from Const. Maitland:

" ... everyone and everything is suspect until we determine or can rule it out otherwise."

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/05/23/stafford-search.html (May 23)

While I realize that LE seldom does the apology thing, in the case of the mother of a murdered child - after arrests have been made - wouldn't you think they'd make an exception? If only for public relations in a sensitive situation? There's an off note here, to my ears.

MOO
I would think after all the untruths TM told the Le and all her strange behavior as they investigated the TS case I do find it very credible that they truly did suspect TM on her actions and what she was saying.
So why an apology !! She owes them one as far as I am concerned. If she had told the truth about being an addict, the police would have taken that into account for her unusual behavior, and mebe would not have been so hard on her to get at the truth.

I would think after all the untruths TM told the Le and all her strange behavior as they investigated the TS case I do find it very credible that they truly did suspect TM on her actions and what she was saying.
So why an apology !! She owes them one as far as I am concerned. If she had told the truth about being an addict, the police would have taken that into account for her unusual behavior, and mebe would not have been so hard on her to get at the truth.

I think some of you are misunderstanding my post. I don't think LE owes her an apology. What I meant was that I think it's meaningful that they didn't give her one. ITA that they had/have every reason to suspect her and that she impeded the investigation with her lies and by withholding info. I'm saying that if she had behaved like a normal mother whose child was missing, had not lied, and wasn't living with JG, maybe she would have gotten an apology. I'm also suggesting that she may still be under suspicion and could possibly still be charged with obstruction of justice, or some such thing. The key to my opinion in that post is the last sentence.

MOO

I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear.

I think some of you are misunderstanding my post. I don't think LE owes her an apology. What I meant was that I think it's meaningful that they didn't give her one. ITA that they had/have every reason to suspect her and that she impeded the investigation with her lies and by withholding info. I'm saying that if she had behaved like a normal mother whose child was missing, had not lied, and wasn't living with JG, maybe she would have gotten an apology. I'm also suggesting that she may still be under suspicion and could possibly still be charged with obstruction of justice, or some such thing. The key to my opinion in that post is the last sentence.

MOO

I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear.

Is it factual that she lied to LE? Maybe she only lied to the media knowing it would become public information and she might have felt that once all this information got out there about hers and JG's personal lives, people wouldn't back her and help find her missing daughter. People would judge her just as they've done prior, since and after the lies have been uncovered. Is there any evidence to back your statement that she lied to LE? I know TM said that during the lie detector test, the investigator told her there were questions that she failed but that doesn't necessarily mean he told her she was lying. 11:30 into PC.
http://woodstocksentinelreview.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1547533

Is it factual that she lied to LE? Maybe she only lied to the media knowing it would become public information and she might have felt that once all this information got out there about hers and JG's personal lives, people wouldn't back her and help find her missing daughter. People would judge her just as they've done prior, since and after the lies have been uncovered. Is there any evidence to back your statement that she lied to LE? I know TM said that during the lie detector test, the investigator told her there were questions that she failed but that doesn't necessarily mean he told her she was lying. 11:30 into PC.

Yes, CJ, it's only my opinion that she lied to LE based on everything we know about her. That's why I put "MOO" at the end of my post.

Is there anyone in this forum who believes TM was perfectly truthful to LE? Taking a poll. ;)

She had no reason to lie about her step-brother's age or whether he attended Tori's memorial. Both can be easily verified. I have her responses saved and they sound genuine. Again, it's my opinion that she was telling the truth. A reporter then confirmed that MH, the witness, is not MH, TM's step-brother, giving some credence to what TM said.

MOO

BUT . . . TM has very good reason to lie if her step-brother is, in fact the informant at the B trial and even more reason to lie if that trial has something to do with Tori. I'm not saying I believe it does but there is that possibility.

Also, are reporters allowed in the court room when a witness is in the identity protection program? Don't they do things to change the person's appearance - dye hair, have them where glasses, grow,shave beard etc. etc. I don't know these things for sure but I would assume so.

For all I know, he may come to court with a paper bag over his head:confused:

Yes, CJ, it's only my opinion that she lied to LE based on everything we know about her. That's why I put "MOO" at the end of my post.

Is there anyone in this forum who believes TM was perfectly truthful to LE? Taking a poll. ;)
NO to your answer AG ~~ and yes I have heard her lie and contradict herself on her PC's. Too bad the originals are not all available for the public to listen to anymore.
However, I feel I do not get anything of a positive nature by discussing TM, I prefer to leave the topic alone.

TM has informers and maybe she herself monitoring this board. I think it possible that she was prepared for a question about her bro MH. Not only was MH's age 'wrong' but she also had a spare brother Mike to throw in for good measure, lol. Anyone know who the heck MT is? FWIW :D

NO to your answer AG ~~ and yes I have heard her lie and contradict herself on her PC's. Too bad the originals are not all available for the public to listen to anymore.
However, I feel I do not get anything of a positive nature by discussing TM, I prefer to leave the topic alone.

BH here is a link to the PC's. Not sure which ones are missing. As I mentioned in my earlier post, TM may have been lying to the media, but not necessarily to LE. As we all know the media can twist and turn everything to their benefit to catch public attention. TM may not have lied to LE knowing she may prejure herself and knowing that what she told them they could not reveal to the public. Maybe this is why LE were focused on TM/JG, because what she shared with LE wasn't jiving with what she was saying during PC's JMO

Anybody here think that LE might be waiting for RS to finish his trip before releasing anything new in the case?

I just read an article in The Star (nothing to do with this case) where I was reminded of something I had forgotten: The provincial Criminal Injuries Compensation Board awards money to victims of violent crimes and their families. I don't know how long this process takes, but if it's really quick, maybe this is where TM got the money for her purported recent spending sprees.

MOO

I just read an article in The Star (nothing to do with this case) where I was reminded of something I had forgotten: The provincial Criminal Injuries Compensation Board awards money to victims of violent crimes and their families. I don't know how long this process takes, but if it's really quick, maybe this is where TM got the money for her purported recent spending sprees.

MOO

These funds take awhile and include many papers to be filled out by doctors, shrinks that type of thing, It took me over 1.5 years to receive criminal compensation, actually 2.5 years from charges being laid

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH
Back