MS MS - Harrison Co, UncFem Adult, UP111128, unk date of discovery or location, case number suggests sent to TN for analysis in 1984, Jan'84

Mrs. Badcrumble

The North remembers
Reaction score

Female
Uncertain
Date Body Found: January 15, 1984
Location Found: Harrison County, Mississippi
Estimated Age Range: --

Case Information​

Case Numbers​

NCMEC Number: --
ME/C Case Number: ME22-5014

Demographics​

Biological Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: Uncertain

Possible First Name: --
Possible Middle Name: --
Possible Last Name: --
Nickname/Alias: --

Estimated Age Group: Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years): --
Estimated Year of Death: --
Estimated PMI: --

Height: 4' 11"-5' 5"(59-65 inches) , Estimated
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances​

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: January 15, 1984
NamUs Case Created: November 4, 2023
ME/C QA Reviewed: --

Location Found Map

County: Harrison County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped): --
Found On Tribal Land: No

Circumstances of Recovery:
Unknown date of discovery or location. Case marked with an identifying number (84-2) which suggests 1984 case sent to Tennessee for analysis.

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of Remains: --
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Unknown
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --
Left Eye Color: Unknown
Right Eye Color: Unknown
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features​

No Information Entered​

Clothing and Accessories​

No Information Entered​

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if Mississippi uses January 15th as the default date when the real date isn't known. It's also used in the Jackson County Jane Doe case.

There are 3 missing Mississippi women who disappeared between 1980-1984. All three were from the County.

Peggy" was last seen at her home at 108 Hickory Hills Circle in Biloxi, Ms.
It is suspected that Peggy was killed and put into a trunk of a car. The trunk liner to that car was discovered at Holiday Inn on Hwy. 90.
Foul play is suspected

Rita has been missing since approximately 1983. She was never officially reported as missing until recently. She was a resident of the MS Gulf Coast but an exact address has yet to be confirmed. Rita is Philippino and traveled to the United States after marrying an American military man.

Came back to Gulfport for her daughter's birthday, was planning on staying for awhile.

Came back to Gulfport for her daughter's birthday, was planning on staying for awhile.
More info from Doe Network

Ruth Annette Barber left her new job at a Gulf Coast lounge called Bobbie Magees Club . She was intoxicated. She got into a cab with a coworker and was taken to the Holiday Inn on Highway 90 in Gulfport, Mississippi. When they arrived and the coworker got out, Barber had passed out in the backseat. The cab driver woke her and she vacated the cab and walked toward Highway 90 and the beach. No one has seen her since that evening. Barber left her purse in the cab and it was later turned in by the cab driver. From that day on she has never been seen or heard from again.

Barber had recently been in California with a male who was wanted by the FBI. The man had been in trouble with the law for quite some time and was believed to be on the run.

Barber and her male friend arrived in Mississippi for her daughter's birthday, and was going to stay with the daughter for a short period of time.

There are pictures in the clothing section on NAMUS that seem to be maybe a shirt and belt? White, with flowers. In the first picture it looks more like shorts because there's what could be an elasticated waistband, but in the second picture there's what looks like bra straps and tank top straps along with lace. Could also maybe be a one piece jumpsuit or similar?

Looks quite small and more like something a child or teen might wear, but I was born more than ten years after this Doe died so I've no idea what fashion was doing in 1984! NAMUS states this Doe was about 4'10-5'5.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79
Back